Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Im so excited for this!!!

I don't think that's Moira. She called him "Xavier" and not "Charles". Also from a creative standpoint, I don't see Kieron Gillen using Steve Foxe's cartoonish Ahab/Moira Ax version of the character in such a finely crafted arc. I am speculating that the Dead X-Men team will stop her before this point. I am guessing that gun is Forge's neutralizing ray. I also expect Mystique to show up at some point, just have a hunch.

EDIT: How awful if Charles used Rachel and the Dead Team and sent them on a wild goose chase. They were looking for the 1st life, but he goes to the 10th life instead?
    Last edited by Galen Nycroft; 03-21-2024 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    I don't think that's Moira. She called him "Xavier" and not "Charles". Also from a creative standpoint, I don't see Kieron Gillen using Steve Foxe's cartoonish Ahab/Moira Ax version of the character in such a finely crafted arc. I am speculating that the Dead X-Men team will stop her before this point. I am guessing that gun is Forge's neutralizing ray. I also expect Mystique to show up at some point, just have a hunch.

EDIT: How awful if Charles used Rachel and the Dead Team and sent them on a wild goose chase. They were looking for the 1st life, but he goes to the 10th life instead?
    He didn't send them on a wild goose chase, he sent them to confirm the exact time of Moira's awakening her mutant ability to reach this moment, of that he made no secret. Dead X-Men after completing their mission for Xavier kept time travelling of their own initiative and Evil Pirate Moira started going for the the first life and now they are chasing her. Dead X-Men stopped having anything to do with the greater Fall Of House of X event after the first issue.

Did I miss something? Since when can the Krakoa Gates travel to the past?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This looks so good and Gillen has my full attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Thought they might go this way. It sort of restores things to pre-HoX continuity… sort of.
    There are still multiple issues left. There is going to be a swerve. He's not going to do exactly what he said he was going to do in issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Is this the power-suppressing gun or just a gun ?
    Just a gun, based on all of the dialogue being about killing her and the gun not looking like Forge's gun, unless something big has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s essentially the baby Hitler conundrum though with the addition that the infant has the knowledge of having been an adult but without know of the monster he’d become.
    Sort of, though the added wrinkle here is it's not really about Moira's actions, it's her powers that created Enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    They're using them in tandem with Rachel's powers, which have been able to help people travel to the past since her first appearance, as well as presumably Sinister's tech.

Thought they might go this way. It sort of restores things to pre-HoX continuity… sort of.
    I don’t think there’s a chance it actually happens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Regardless of which side anyone may stand on whether this makes sense, I am pretty sure somewhere in this story Xavier himself mentions they have dozens of ways to travel to the past anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post

To be honest Moira's had the most inconsistent voice of any character in this era (let alone whether she even has her accent or not).

I'm hoping Gillen will be able to explain Moira's current characterization in this issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Phased plasma pistol in a 40 watt range?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    They're using them in tandem with Rachel's powers, which have been able to help people travel to the past since her first appearance, as well as presumably Sinister's tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Regardless of which side anyone may stand on whether this makes sense, I am pretty sure somewhere in this story Xavier himself mentions they have dozens of ways to travel to the past anyway.
    Yeah, it's not the time travel that surprised me here. But it makes sense that it's Rachel's thing

Astonishing Member

There's literally no chance of that actually happening. Its already been confirmed that Heir of Apocalypse takes place in a nebulous in-between point between the Krakoan era and the new Brevoort era, and it directly references the fact that Apocalypse is going to stay on Arakko from here on out. Whatever the status of Krakoa and mutants as a whole at the end of this era, its not getting erased or retconned.

It’s about to get cray

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It’s about to get cray
    The good kind of crazy, at least on this half of the story.