Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    With the current run, less pages is probably a good thing. Wells probably had to cut another integral “Paul” scene…
    What it really proved is you don't need Paul around for MJ to operate as Jackpot. So Paulsin goblin incoming?

Incredible Member

I can't believe this run has become such a waste of my time.

I thought this was a strong issue.

It's a low bar but it might be Anna Watson's best story (the main alternative is the arc from Spectacular Spider-Man where she thinks Peter's cheating on MJ and then admits how her own marriage failed.)

I'm not a fan of MJ with powers, and I suspect the point is to show that this isn't a role for her, but I did like the awkward team-up.

Carnero's art is impressive.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I guess this issue is for you if you want:

Spider-Man (and Jackpot) barely doing anything!

Some lady calling Peter a psychopath for something he didn't even do!

Awkward romantic tension between Peter and MJ!

Aunt Anna accomplishing more than Spider-Man does in his own comic!

Zeb Wells having Jackpot do more than purple energy blasts (but she does those too)!

Electro basically being the joke he used to be!

Great Carmen Carnero art!

Astonishing Member

I hate this Zeb Wells TASM run.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Direct and to the point. My turn: agreed.
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

I actually enjoyed this issue…even though I can barely handle Peter’s facial expressions….i guess it was because Peter didn’t end up with half his mask torn off and beaten to a pulp with another character…be it villain or hero…saving him.
    Sure MJ helped him quite a bit and their conversation was a bit weird at the end as Peter told MJ what a great team they made together. Wonder what Paul thought of that as I believe he still monitors her when she goes out to fight crime.
    I just hope Peter doesn’t get beaten to a pulp by the 6 and has to be saved by the good Sandman.

Such a shame Carnero's departing for the X-Books--she did GREAT.

Anyway, banger story tho the Michelle bit has me shaking my head. Is that from last week's 'Web of #1?' Seems janky otherwise tbh

The homage to 2004's New Avengers #1 warmed my heart. Truly, FAIL-lectro's one, crowing moment of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I actually enjoyed this issue…even though I can barely handle Peter’s facial expressions….i guess it was because Peter didn’t end up with half his mask torn off and beaten to a pulp with another character…be it villain or hero…saving him.
    Sure MJ helped him quite a bit and their conversation was a bit weird at the end as Peter told MJ what a great team they made together. Wonder what Paul thought of that as I believe he still monitors her when she goes out to fight crime.
    I just hope Peter doesn’t get beaten to a pulp by the 6 and has to be saved by the good Sandman.
    But he still ended up doing basically nothing in this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Such a shame Carnero's departing for the X-Books--she did GREAT.

Anyway, banger story tho the Michelle bit has me shaking my head. Is that from last week's 'Web of #1?' Seems janky otherwise tbh

The homage to 2004's New Avengers #1 warmed my heart. Truly, FAIL-lectro's one, crowing moment of cool.
    It was not. I guess maybe it's Chasm related? Still feels like a waste of time for a character nobody really cares about and just a forced interaction between Peter and a female character.

[QUOTE=Frontier;6765858]But he still ended up doing basically nothing in this issue.
    You got to take the small wins when you get them in this run. And he kept his mask whole. Wasn’t too humiliated in the team up. I call that a win.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Co-signed. I happen to think the overall Wells run is the worst in Spider-Man history. I stopped reading because it is a waste of money and no need to get angry. Here is an interesting question: What was the worst story? Paul? Ben? Kamala?

Astonishing Member

I don't like Paul.

Incredible Member

What exactly does evil Sandman bring to the table? The idea of Sandman still robbing armored trucks or being the second or third to last loser of the Sinister Six for over 60 years is so nauseating. I've yet to see a story where Sandman does something so epic that I can say "wow that was a great story and I really want to read what happens next." I simply cannot comprehend the need for evil Sandman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    What exactly does evil Sandman bring to the table? The idea of Sandman still robbing armored trucks or being the second or third to last loser of the Sinister Six for over 60 years is so nauseating. I've yet to see a story where Sandman does something so epic that I can say "wow that was a great story and I really want to read what happens next." I simply cannot comprehend the need for evil Sandman.
    Sandman being evil seems to run counter to just about every media appearance the character has made at least since Spider-Man 3. He should be a conflicted bad guy who is never as evil as the rest of the other bad guys at worst, an anti-hero who does occasional bad things because he thinks it is the right or necessary thing or an out and out hero at best. The whole reason the character has to backslide at all is because of an awful story Howard Mackie came up with as a retcon back in a 1999 Spider-Man issue because he wanted the Sandman to be evil again for his legitimately terrible Sinister Six story. Before that, Flint had turned his life around and was even an Avenger. Why it hasn't been undone yet is still a mystery to me.

[QUOTE=jsg2295;6765861]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But he still ended up doing basically nothing in this issue.
    You got to take the small wins when you get them in this run. And he kept his mask whole. Wasn’t too humiliated in the team up. I call that a win.
    The bar has fallen really low for that to count as a win then.