Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #46 Preview

Dastardly Chasm is setting up Peter with fake dates! He should be stopped ASAP

Also: Electro os being pretty evil.

Based on the solicitations, it looks like Peter fails at stopping him. Poor Sandman.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-sinis...rming-sandman/
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 03-21-2024 at 03:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Guess we can't count on a Peter/MJ reunion in the near future. Hope Michelle isn't part of Tombstone's revenge plot against Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Guess we can't count on a Peter/MJ reunion in the near future. Hope Michelle isn't part of Tombstone's revenge plot against Spider-Man
    tombstone still doesnt know his ID yet
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I guess the most interesting thing about this is how the article is calling Michelle the same one from BND.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    tombstone still doesnt know his ID yet
    Didn’t wells first arc imply he did? Like it was how he ambushed Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Didn’t wells first arc imply he did? Like it was how he ambushed Peter.
    cause of Peter association of Spider-man. If I need Spider-Man I go to guy who friends he save a lot or more importantly who girlfriend he saves alot. Cause something up with that why does this hero keep on saving this guy girlfriend? maybe they got an affair going on
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Wow, what a unique situation. Usually, it is the cover of the comic book that looks really great and the interior art that looks disappointing. What an odd reversal. Carnero's art is solid as always. Can't for her X-Men work to begin. That cover though. Electro really should go see a dentist to deal with that weird, distended jaw.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I guess the most interesting thing about this is how the article is calling Michelle the same one from BND.
    Honestly it wouldn't make sense for this to be the same Michelle. When he was going on that date with her he described her as "Janice's friend", someone who he met through Randy and Janice.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So, what to expect here in this issue:

- Ben made a "prank" at Peter's expense and Wells will use that to introduce Michelle 2.0 as the latest "love interest" (proably until the end of the run).

- Sinster Six will be recruiting Sandman and use Electro as either to get him out of Ravencroft or be a distraction for Spider-Man while the others get him out.

- MJ not making an appearance and/or mention in this issue. The same day, her and Felica's mini will be out, so Wells will have an excuse not to write her (2 issues in a row, where she has a brief appearance must be too much for him now).

At this point it's just predictable. Wells cannot cook - they should've kicked him out of the kitchen a long time ago.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly it wouldn't make sense for this to be the same Michelle. When he was going on that date with her he described her as "Janice's friend", someone who he met through Randy and Janice.
    Yeah, what I meant is that the preview is just so much of the same-old same-old (which, unfortunately, is also par for the course for Wells - the last issue was pretty good, and it hasn't been unlike him to drop the ball on short notice) that the confusion over a character with the same name (well, I THINK one of the characters is a Michele with a single L, but I'm not too sure?) and profession spread to the article's writer showcasing the preview.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Fantastic Member

I'm about as interested in Peter and Michele as I am Paul. So my ears will perk up when I hear the door has hit them on the ass on the way out of this franchise forever.

When has the Sinister Six ever cared about their membership that much? If they're missing a member, just grab another Spidey Rogue. Sandman's a liability at this point.

Also why should we care about Michelle when they obviously don't get along and the only set up for this date is Ben calling her?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When has the Sinister Six ever cared about their membership that much? If they're missing a member, just grab another Spidey Rogue. Sandman's a liability at this point.

Also why should we care about Michelle when they obviously don't get along and the only set up for this date is Ben calling her?
    If you try to logic out why we should care about things that happen in this run, you’ll be asking that about every plot point eventually. We are living in a two year long amateur hour

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

If Sony is trying to eventually get a Sinister Six movie off the ground, maybe someone involved with that project may pull an idea or two from the lastest storyline involving them.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    If Sony is trying to eventually get a Sinister Six movie off the ground, maybe someone involved with that project may pull an idea or two from the lastest storyline involving them.
    I guess that might explain trying so hard to emphasize he Six as a consistent group or dysfunctional found family type thing but it just feels a little forced here.