Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I don't like Paul.
    it would be an act of god if anyone truly does...or possibly the work of the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But he still ended up doing basically nothing in this issue.
    So, nothing new under the sun. Tipycal.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    the Michelle bit has me shaking my head
    Yeah, from the preview I thought it was going to set the tone for the whole issue but I was surprised to see how well it landed despite those pages.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

I guess this issue is for you if you want:

Spider-Man (and Jackpot) barely doing anything!

Some lady calling Peter a psychopath for something he didn't even do!

Awkward romantic tension between Peter and MJ!

Aunt Anna accomplishing more than Spider-Man does in his own comic!

Zeb Wells having Jackpot do more than purple energy blasts (but she does those too)!

Electro basically being the joke he used to be!

Great Carmen Carnero art!
    Now, now, Peter made the Hippo go boom and sit on Electro, and MJ threw a pink bowling ball at Electro!

Which is to say, co-signed.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Yeah, from the preview I thought it was going to set the tone for the whole issue but I was surprised to see how well it landed despite those pages.
    At the very least we probably won't be seeing Michelle any time soon. Until I guess the final Tombstone arc (maybe).

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

At the very least we probably won't be seeing Michelle any time soon. Until I guess the final Tombstone arc (maybe).
    I really wouldn't be so sure - Wells leaves things in the backburner a whole lot, but tends to come back to them later than sooner, but once he touches on them he tends not to leave them alone too much. Since she's just resurfaced, I think she might just remain around a little bit. I think people saying she might have something to do with the 'new Goblin' deal might be on to something.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    What exactly does evil Sandman bring to the table? The idea of Sandman still robbing armored trucks or being the second or third to last loser of the Sinister Six for over 60 years is so nauseating. I've yet to see a story where Sandman does something so epic that I can say "wow that was a great story and I really want to read what happens next." I simply cannot comprehend the need for evil Sandman.
    It's messy.

I like the idea of Sandman finding redemption.

But he has a great power-set. There's a reason Raimi fought to have him in Spider-Man 3.

So fans want to see him fighting Spidey.

One argument is that we can get this enough in flashbacks and untold tales.

This story did thread the needle of featuring a sympathetic take, and setting up his return to the Sinister Six. But his story isn't done yet.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So what's the best bet for who called Michele?

Was it:
    Ben- who somehow got her number and called her knowing Peter was with MJ just to mess with his love life?
    The living brain - mess to get Peter laid and to keep Peter and MJ apart?
    Peter- maybe he wanted to go out with her so he called while he was infected by Normans sins?
    Or was it Paul- who MJ said her and Peter met up at the asylum to help her aunt. Used his magic to activate the mark on Peter to have him call Michele.. since she's the only woman Peter is known to have interacted with though Carlie would have been a better choice
    Considering Ben is going to appear in the next issue, I would vote on him.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I really wouldn't be so sure - Wells leaves things in the backburner a whole lot, but tends to come back to them later than sooner, but once he touches on them he tends not to leave them alone too much. Since she's just resurfaced, I think she might just remain around a little bit. I think people saying she might have something to do with the 'new Goblin' deal might be on to something.
    I feel like we won't see her again soon just because of how vitriolic her exit from Peter was, if anything whatever set her up with Peter will become more relevant than she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's messy.

I like the idea of Sandman finding redemption.

But he has a great power-set. There's a reason Raimi fought to have him in Spider-Man 3.

So fans want to see him fighting Spidey.

One argument is that we can get this enough in flashbacks and untold tales.

This story did thread the needle of featuring a sympathetic take, and setting up his return to the Sinister Six. But his story isn't done yet.
    My personal take is I prefer truly redeemed characters to stay redeemed, and as this is a superhero comic that doesn't preclude them from future tussles with heroes. A good hero vs hero fight is still a faithful sales standby, no matter how well-to-do certain characters are. Spider-Man has basically gotten into a fist-fight with nearly the entire Marvel hero universe at one point or another.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

The way I look at it is Sandman is a consumate criminal and can't get past that but out of most of Spidey's Rogues Gallery he's probably the most reasonable/prone to doing the right thing.

If I'm remembering correctly the Sandman only turned bad again because the Wizard put a chip in his brain or something silly like that. Surprised that hasn't been undone yet, but then again, OMD hasn't been undone, so not really surprised.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly the Sandman only turned bad again because the Wizard put a chip in his brain or something silly like that. Surprised that hasn't been undone yet, but then again, OMD hasn't been undone, so not really surprised.
    Yep, it was during the Byrne/Mackie relaunch

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Electro turning his powers on himself for a strength boost that enabled him to break free of Spider-Man's insulated webbing through supercharging the motor neurons in his muscles was quite an interesting and surprisingly clever feat, though one also seen pulled off in other media with electrokinetic characters, particularly the "Lightning Release Armor" technique by the Raikage from Naruto, who employed it for a tremendous speed boost as well. Could see Electro doing something similar once he figures out how to refine that technique, and generally be less of a joke, at least in hand-to-hand.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I picked up the last two issues of ASM , not having read any of the Gang War storyline .
    Well still disappointed in the book and how Peter is portrayed as a young guy . He should be portrayed a bit older .
    I still don't understand why MJ all of a sudden has powers , it makes no sense ( I didn't read the books where she gained powers , probably something to due with Paul ).
    Also I feel like I wasted my $4.99 on the book , it took me like 5 minutes to read it and when that happens I feel it's a waste of money .
    Right now Ultimate is so much better , it's what ASM should be .