Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed.

Didn't Armada make his debut in the same issue as Ben Reilly "reclaiming" the Spider-Mantle, Sensational Spider-Man #0?
    Yes, Armada did appear in Sensational Spider-Man #0. They also tried to give Mysterio a new look in that story that apparently, I was the only person on earth who kind of liked it and it led to the proper introduction of the Great Game.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Yes, Armada did appear in Sensational Spider-Man #0. They also tried to give Mysterio a new look in that story that apparently, I was the only person on earth who kind of liked it and it led to the proper introduction of the Great Game.
    You're not alone in liking Mysterio's updated look in Sensational Spider-Man #0. Bit of a shame he went back to the classic look when he was revealed as the mastermind behind the events of Daredevil: Guardian Devil. Also, the Great Game deserves a comeback. Seriously.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't mind seeing villains like Armada, Poison (Well, I don't really consider her a villain), and Joystick back. As for Mysterios updated look... I liked it (Minus all those beltstraps on his costume. Sometimes less is more)... but I'm a stickler for the classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing villains like Armada, Poison (Well, I don't really consider her a villain), and Joystick back. As for Mysterios updated look... I liked it (Minus all those beltstraps on his costume. Sometimes less is more)... but I'm a stickler for the classic look.
    The multitude of belt straps on his new suit might well have inspired Kingdom Hearts' Tetsuya Nomura's love for excessive belts. At the very least, it's a fun bit of commonality to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Joystick and Armada are towards the top of the list of characters I'd really love to see again. If it were up to me, Lady Ock would form a new team of villainesses, including Joystick and Angelface (from the Green Goblin series); meanwhile, I'd love to see Armada team-up with the Master of Vengeance and (a resurrected) Fusion II, as I think they kind of share a similar reason for hating Spider-Man.

As for Mysterio, I did enjoy the look he had in Sensational #0 and wouldn't be upset if he had stayed that way indefinitely. Although my favorite Mysterio look is probably the way he was depicted in the Byrne reboot -- always floating around with his legs hanging like a corpse's legs, acting super creepy.

-Pav, who doesn't enjoy much else from that era...
    Last edited by Pav; 04-11-2024 at 08:53 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Joystick and Armada are towards the top of the list of characters I'd really love to see again. If it were up to me, Lady Ock would form a new team of villainesses, including Joystick and Angelface (from the Green Goblin series); meanwhile, I'd love to see Armada team-up with the Master of Vengeance and (a resurrected) Fusion II, as I think they kind of share a similar reason for hating Spider-Man.

As for Mysterio, I did enjoy the look he had in Sensational #0 and wouldn't be upset if he had stayed that way indefinitely. Although my favorite Mysterio look is probably the way he was depicted in the Byrne reboot -- always floating around with his legs hanging like a corpse's legs, acting super creepy.

-Pav, who doesn't enjoy much else from that era...
    Sounds great. Carolyn Trainer perhaps being inspired by the recent Gang War to strike out on her own again as the high-tech crime boss she used to be in the 90s would be a spectacular angle. I could even see her polishing up her advanced virtual reality technology from that era and putting it on the public market as a means of raking in (seemingly legitimate) money for her ambitions, given how VR and AI have become pretty big projects with corporate tech firms in the last few years.