Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When has the Sinister Six ever cared about their membership that much? If they're missing a member, just grab another Spidey Rogue. Sandman's a liability at this point.
    Because the writer needs them to want Sandman. Otherwise, it's illogical and doesn't track, it makes no sense in the world of the characters.

Also why should we care about Michelle when they obviously don't get along and the only set up for this date is Ben calling her?
    And this set up also makes no sense, if indeed it was Ben.

How does Ben even know that Peter knows Michelle...

How did Ben get Michelle's phone number when she's a mafia consigliere...

How did Ben know that Michelle would fall for being negged in the first place...

And why is pranking Michelle - because if anyone is being pranked, it's her - supposed to inconvenience Peter other than the script says it does?

Also, Wells's streak of writing unlikable female characters continues. Not to mention, most people don't find negging to be hot.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 03-22-2024 at 03:59 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I'm amazed that any of the Sinister Six would work with Otto after how he treated them as Superior Spider-man, and it's common knowledge Otto was Superior...

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So what's the best bet for who called Michele?

Was it:
    Ben- who somehow got her number and called her knowing Peter was with MJ just to mess with his love life?
    The living brain - mess to get Peter laid and to keep Peter and MJ apart?
    Peter- maybe he wanted to go out with her so he called while he was infected by Normans sins?
    Or was it Paul- who MJ said her and Peter met up at the asylum to help her aunt. Used his magic to activate the mark on Peter to have him call Michele.. since she's the only woman Peter is known to have interacted with though Carlie would have been a better choice

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So what's the best bet for who called Michele?

Was it:
    Ben- who somehow got her number and called her knowing Peter was with MJ just to mess with his love life?
    The living brain - mess to get Peter laid and to keep Peter and MJ apart?
    Peter- maybe he wanted to go out with her so he called while he was infected by Normans sins?
    Or was it Paul- who MJ said her and Peter met up at the asylum to help her aunt. Used his magic to activate the mark on Peter to have him call Michele.. since she's the only woman Peter is known to have interacted with though Carlie would have been a better choice
    Why would the Living Brain care?

How would Paul and Ben know Peter met with Michelle 2.0 in the first place? Also, I doubt Paul is ever going to play another part in Wells’s story. He’s just a one-off plot device and served his purpose. He’s now part of the “Jackpot” cast for however long that cursed concept lasts.

If Peter wanted to go out with Michelle 2.0, why did he neg her? How did he know she would be perverse in that way and find negging and potentially losing a lucrative client and perhaps being disbarred hot? Wow, Wells continues to write such believable female characters, roflmao. I do think a sins-infected Peter is the most likely candidate but it’s just to show what a confident “bad boy” Peter is under the sins ala Emo!Pete in Spider-Man 3 because in all of Wells’s work to date, only the morally dark/outright villains have any real story agency and confidence. So of course it worked.

Why not Felicia, who does know Peter and Michelle 2.0 met and who has access to Michelle’s number because she’s friends with Janice and the Syndicate, getting one of her gang to impersonate Peter to eliminate Michelle as a rival (or perhaps because Fel wants Michelle for herself) only it backfired?

(Not that I’m invested in the story. I have no doubt the outcome will be, like everything else in this run, whatever for the sake of whatever and not story or character driven. I just find it funny we’re supposed to get dates by telling the person we’re not interested and they’re going to lose their jobs LOL.)
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 03-24-2024 at 07:26 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

so zeb wells continues are clickbait and ragebait this time with michelle that no one asked

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Oh look, it's Michele a.k.a. Female Paul a.k.a. MichelleAgain a.k.a. Michelle Gonzales 2.0! Doesn't she have better things to do than berate Peter? You know...like blackmail Judges and threaten the lives of Jurors in order to get Tombstone and his cronies off scott free?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-24-2024 at 01:19 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

What if it was spoilers:
    Peter under magic mind control in an attempt to keep him and MJ apart. He called multiple women to go out and Michele was the first one to show up
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Oh look, it's Michele a.k.a. Female Paul a.k.a. MichelleAgain a.k.a. Michelle Gonzales 2.0! Doesn't she have better things to do than berate Peter? You know...like blackmail Judges and threaten the lives of Jurors in order to get Tombstone and his cronies off scott free?
    I'm guessing she's there for the conclusion of the Tombstone story arc.

no spoilers or anything, but this issue only has 19 pages of story. Seriously.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Like, the rest of the pages are ads, or filler or...?
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

Issue is ok basically a Spider-Man and Jackpot team up. Sandman still escapes though to join the Sinister Six
    Last edited by Jman27; 03-27-2024 at 07:30 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I saw the preview on twitter.

Meh.

Mighty Member

Could Michelle be a red herring? Looks like the real romantic tension is between Peter and MJ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Good or bad?
    With the current run, less pages is probably a good thing. Wells probably had to cut another integral “Paul” scene…
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.