Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's messy.

I like the idea of Sandman finding redemption.

But he has a great power-set. There's a reason Raimi fought to have him in Spider-Man 3.

So fans want to see him fighting Spidey.

One argument is that we can get this enough in flashbacks and untold tales.

This story did thread the needle of featuring a sympathetic take, and setting up his return to the Sinister Six. But his story isn't done yet.
    This is a dumb argument, cause you can just create a new character with the same power set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    This is a dumb argument, cause you can just create a new character with the same power set.
    or a clone of that same character
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    It’s an even dumber argument when you consider that a character with his same power set already exists. Quicksand

There's also Hydro-Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    It’s an even dumber argument when you consider that a character with his same power set already exists. Quicksand
    Speaking of Quicksand, I'll cop to being a bit disappointed that she never joined Janice Lincoln Beetle's (Sinister) Syndicate.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's also Hydro-Man.
    That'd be a nice homage to the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That'd be a nice homage to the animated series.
    The 90s animated series really did a good job making Hydro-Man more threatening as an opponent, and to think, that was at least partly accomplished by making him Mary Jane's stalker ex-boyfriend.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Quicksand is a deep cut. I would love to see some of those early 90s bad guys make a return. Love to see the return of characters like Warrant, F.A.C.A.D.E., Armada, or Poison again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The 90s animated series really did a good job making Hydro-Man more threatening as an opponent, and to think, that was at least partly accomplished by making him Mary Jane's stalker ex-boyfriend.
    Yeah, he was pretty formidable in that series! And voiced by Rob Paulsen, who voiced Raphael in the original Ninja Turtles cartoon, among many other roles.

Incredible Member

Yeah, he was pretty formidable in that series! And voiced by Rob Paulsen, who voiced Raphael in the original Ninja Turtles cartoon, among many other roles.
    Anytime Hydro-Man spoke, I only heard Yakko from Animaniacs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Anytime Hydro-Man spoke, I only heard Yakko from Animaniacs.
    Yep! He's done a ton of characters. I think I hear Raphael the most because TMNT was such a huge part of my childhood.

Fantastic Member

I've never once in my life been like "Man, Spider-Man has GOT to fight the Sandman! Screw character development" and it's one of the most bonkers justifications - and we get plenty, for the nonsense in this run

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I've never once in my life been like "Man, Spider-Man has GOT to fight the Sandman! Screw character development" and it's one of the most bonkers justifications - and we get plenty, for the nonsense in this run
    I mean, I like a good Spidey/Sandman fight myself...

Fantastic Member

Well, luckily Shadow of The Green Goblin will probably scratch that itch for you soon. Maybe Spidey will even get to look marginally competent, or even, dare I wish, cool in it.

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Quicksand is a deep cut. I would love to see some of those early 90s bad guys make a return. Love to see the return of characters like Warrant, F.A.C.A.D.E., Armada, or Poison again.
    Didn't Armada make his debut in the same issue as Ben Reilly "reclaiming" the Spider-Mantle, Sensational Spider-Man #0?