Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A little bit of research showed me Machinesmith and Inferno of the Exemplars are Tennesseans although both are villains. Banshee also had a brief supervillain career in Nashville. So, yeah, not a lot of native characters to work with.
    Given that Samantha McGee used to work for Tony Stark.... um... yeah... the only reason she ever got involved in super villainy was that Balthakk made her his Exemplar! It doesn't really make sense for her to stay a villain if Balthakk decides he's gonna just let her do her own thing.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-23-2024 at 10:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Kinda a shame the Initiative was disbanded.

They could/should act as Freedom Force did back in the day, government heroes that helped or hindered heroes as the plot required.

They should have made this an ongoing. Feature a different state every month. What a way to showcase heroes that sit on the shelf for years if not forever. Marvel started this and never really finished it.

Utah has a team named…The Called.

Thinking it’s made up of Power Pack, Peeper, and Doug Ramsey; all members of The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Utah has a team named…The Called.

Thinking it’s made up of Power Pack, Peeper, and Doug Ramsey; all members of The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints.
    Yeah, all we know is that it was organized by that group... never see or hear who any of the members are though.

Who's associated with them? enh... seems like a good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, all we know is that it was organized by that group... never see or hear who any of the members are though.

Who's associated with them? enh... seems like a good guess.
    ^^^There aren’t as many Mormon heroes as one would think.

As Earth Force was never officially Washington’s Initiative team I’m giving The Evergreen State one they can be proud of.

• With 28,000 miles of shorelines, team leader Namor has easy ocean access, and has a contingent of Atlantean troops stationed nearby ready to deploy at a moment’s notice.

• Quicksilver likes to boast that he can cover the whole of Washington all by himself.

• Gladiator’s on loan from the Shi’ar Empire, as no matter the current political climate between them and Earth, the Skrulls annexing such a pivotal planet is not something they want.

• Moondragon doesn’t really want to be back on Earth, but she knows the planet’s heroes would lose badly to the Skrulls without her.

• Quentin Quire is just counting the days until he takes charge of the team.

• Monet must have lost some kind of bet to be slumming in this backwoods State, but she’ll do what’s required of her.

Now, the team doesn’t have particular codename or anything, but behind their backs, The Avengers, FF, etc. refer to them as…THE POMPOSITY.

Fan-made, so-far:
    Colorado: "Kickers Inc.": THE ALL AMERICAN, NFL SUPERPRO, MVP
    Puerto Rico: El Vegigante, Slingshot, Tag, Bantam, Arana, Bucky
    Tennesse: Illuminator, Inferno, Machinesmith(he's had runs as a hero in the past, so...)
    Utah: Power Pack, Peeper, and Doug Ramsey
    Washington: "Pomposity": Namor, Quicksilver, Gladiator, Moondragon, Quentin Quire, Monet

not sure which state this is:
    "Tenn, alabama area could be Earthforce the transformers autobot team that worked with earths law and acted more like a hero team. Grimlock was leader with prowl and both had to have check ups by optimus prime at times. They were formed in the uk earthforce comics first.

Why Tenn , alabama?

Autobot city is at lookout mountain Tenn , alabama area!"

Tennessee is the volunteer state. (That's the state moto.) So I like the idea that nobody actually had to assign people to the state. When they heard the state need superheroes for an initiative team a dozen or so (more than the state really needs) superheroes that nobody had ever heard of just showed up for the job.
    I got nothing, just chiming in to say this is clever

I think you might have also answered a long simmering question of mine about why Henry Rollins decided to move there

I got the Hawaii Initiative...

Nova (Richard Rider)
    Namorita
    Stingray
    Loa
    Mettle
    Turbo

Nova finally finds Namorita. She is hiding in Hawaii. Surrounded by water, the islands are a great place for Nita to try and find herself. Is she a clone, is displaced in time, or all of the above? Upon finding each other, the couple decide that Rich could also use a break from the constant galactic battles he's been through and maybe some healing for his PTSD. Everything is peaceful and serene until the Mole Man and an army of kaiju attack Pearl Harbor. Nova and Nita are joined in battle by local heroes Loa and Mettle, as well as the vacationing Turbo, and Stingray, who is always cruising the Pacific Ocean.

The threat is defeated, but the Mole Man swears that he'll be back with even more giant monsters to take over the islands. The team agrees to stay together until they can resolve the situation, but they'll also be a part of the 50 State Initiative.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I got the Hawaii Initiative...

Nova (Richard Rider)
    Namorita
    Stingray
    Loa
    Mettle
    Turbo

Nova finally finds Namorita. She is hiding in Hawaii. Surrounded by water, the islands are a great place for Nita to try and find herself. Is she a clone, is displaced in time, or all of the above? Upon finding each other, the couple decide that Rich could also use a break from the constant galactic battles he's been through and maybe some healing for his PTSD. Everything is peaceful and serene until the Mole Man and an army of kaiju attack Pearl Harbor. Nova and Nita are joined in battle by local heroes Loa and Mettle, as well as the vacationing Turbo, and Stingray, who is always cruising the Pacific Ocean.

The threat is defeated, but the Mole Man swears that he'll be back with even more giant monsters to take over the islands. The team agrees to stay together until they can resolve the situation, but they'll also be a part of the 50 State Initiative.
    Very cool lineup. Especially liking Turbo there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Idaho gets a group of formal villains for their heroes. Except they're Idaho, so the best they rate is badguys from the old 70s Spidey Super Stories/Electric Company show. I'm not sure if Marvel technically owns these characters, but I am fairly sure that nobody cares.

The Super Squad

Vincent Dracula: Distant relative of the Count. Looks surprisingly like a young Morgan Freeman. Enjoys bubble baths.

Fancy Dancer: He's surprisingly flexible

The Wall: He's a wall. With legs and a face.

Web-Man: Simple minded clone of Spider-man created by Dr. Doom

Thumper: When she didn't get a yellow pony, she turned to a life of crime. And by "crime" we mean dressing up as Napoleon and punching people in the face. We'll assume giving her a pony will turn her back to the forces of good.

Queen Bee: Can control bees. Can also mind control people and turn them into her mindless drones.

Funny Bunny: Hates Easter

There we go. This is about the best Idaho deserves.

Idaho gets a group of formal villains for their heroes. Except they're Idaho, so the best they rate is badguys from the old 70s Spidey Super Stories/Electric Company show. I'm not sure if Marvel technically owns these characters, but I am fairly sure that nobody cares.

The Super Squad

Vincent Dracula: Distant relative of the Count. Looks surprisingly like a young Morgan Freeman. Enjoys bubble baths.

Fancy Dancer: He's surprisingly flexible

The Wall: He's a wall. With legs and a face.

Web-Man: Simple minded clone of Spider-man created by Dr. Doom

Thumper: When she didn't get a yellow pony, she turned to a life of crime. And by "crime" we mean dressing up as Napoleon and punching people in the face. We'll assume giving her a pony will turn her back to the forces of good.

Queen Bee: Can control bees. Can also mind control people and turn them into her mindless drones.

Funny Bunny: Hates Easter

There we go. This is about the best Idaho deserves.
    Haha, oooh! have as the back story that they all ended their attempts at being super-criminals due to realizing that it was too much work for too little pay in Idaho Stealing potatoes? that's not a good criminal career move :Þ

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Haha, oooh! have as the back story that they all ended their attempts at being super-criminals due to realizing that it was too much work for too little pay in Idaho Stealing potatoes? that's not a good criminal career move :Þ
    ^^^Stealing potatoes is even worse than working for peanuts.

That’s a great build by Alan 2099 though. I always loved The Wall when I saw him in The Electric Company!

I'm just going to put this here so I don't have to keep looking it up. The following states do NOT have superhero teams. Yet.

Indiana
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    New Hampshire
    North Dakota
    Ohio - (Ohio had a team, but the only person we know that was on it was Howard the Duck)
    Oklahoma - (Did not have a team, but Thor and the Asgardians lived there at the time)
    Rhode Island (It was confirmed to have a single hero as it's Initiative representative, and he won the role from a Reality TV show.)
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Virginia
    Washington - (We know Skyhawk was on the team, but we don't know if the rest of Earth Force was there, or for that matter, anybody else.)
    West Virginia
    Wyoming