Default December 2014 covers and an interview with Scott Allie

Check it out here.

A slight change of text to the cover of the trade from what we've previously seen.

And the BPRD #126 cover...

Interestingly, it seems the covers for this arc stitch together.

The Claw of Justice!

That Lobster cover is awesome. This is the one instance where I'm perfectly OK with someone other than Mignola doing a Hellboy-universe trade cover. I like the new text on the cover too.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    That Lobster cover is awesome. This is the one instance where I'm perfectly OK with someone other than Mignola doing a Hellboy-universe trade cover. I like the new text on the cover too.
    Agreed, Tonci did an amazing job with that cover.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    And the BPRD #126 cover...

Interestingly, it seems the covers for this arc stitch together.
    hmmm. I really don't see that as a cover stitch at all, but as a design choice for the arc covers.

that Maleev 1952 cover is sweet. Looks like I'll have to get both the that one and Mignola's sketch variant too.

HELLBOY-BPRD-1-VAR-6f226.jpg
    Last edited by St. August; 09-12-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by St. August View Post
    hmmm. I really don't see that as a cover stitch at all, but as a design choice for the arc covers.
    I agree, if you look at the covers for The Reign of the Black Flame or Lake of Fire you can see that they all use similar layout/design aesthetics, but not necessarily part of a larger whole. Although they will still all look pretty bad-ass lined up together
    Last edited by horror-of-sorts; 09-18-2014 at 10:55 AM.

There's a tm mark on grace's head on that Abe cover. I hope they check that that isn't on the final printed version. There have been some mistakes that I've noticed in the past on other dark horse covers. I think on one of Richard Corben's poe covers they left a Will Eisner hall of fame logo mixed in with the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    I agree, if you look at the covers for The Reign of the Black Flame or Lake of Fire you can see that they all use similar layout/design aesthetics, but not necessarily part of a larger whole. Although they will still all look pretty bad-ass lined up together
    I am going to side with Mark on this one… The red shape in the upper left of #126 seems a bit too out-of-place to night tie in with cover of #127. Love the design and layout of these covers

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    I am going to side with Mark on this one… The red shape in the upper left of #126 seems a bit too out-of-place to night tie in with cover of #127. Love the design and layout of these covers
    That and if you look on the left of the second cover, you can see a tiny bit of Ted Howards' elbow.