Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Maybe as an editor or consultant, but his writing style is just too dated at this point.

I actually really liked his X-Treme X-men series from the early 2000s, ugly art aside. Nothing hits like Claremont's Storm.
    Yeah, I'm okay with the idea of him acting as an editor or consultant. His first X-treme X-men series was good, but for me that was the last good thing he wrote. Everything else forward is extremely dated and if the rumors of him wanting to turn Kitty into a black girl are true (yikes), yeah I don't want him back writing a main X-men book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

How old is Gail? He is a writer. Pretty sedentary occupation.
    Gail Simone? I'm pretty sure she's not in her 80s so I don't see why you bring it up. Also age affects competency which you need to be a writer.
    "Cable was right!"

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

That's a nope from me. Claremont's a legend but he just doesn't mesh with what people want from modern X-men stories. His style was great back when soap operas were a thing, but it's just so dated now. Plus, he'd just drop everything and pick up where his last story arc left off twenty years ago. Screw that.

YES! Yes I would love for Clearmont to come back, but I think he should co write any book his on. Tho I love Clermont writing I feel he maybe too much for younger readers.
    But I read all of Uncanny by Clermont in 2005 I was in freshmen in college so who knows. I thought they were gonna bring him back whenever they were officially make Storm a Goddess in the Marvel Universe so that he can Rest In Victory. Or at least establish Ororo Magic Bloodline and her Royal Kingdom.
    Or Whenever Ororo gives Birth to her and Tchalla kids
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-22-2024 at 10:59 AM.

No. The well is already dry.

A legend is a legend because its long past.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Maybe as an editor or consultant, but his writing style is just too dated at this point.

I actually really liked his X-Treme X-men series from the early 2000s, ugly art aside. Nothing hits like Claremont's Storm.
    Except perhaps our Lord Ewing's.

I would be fine with Lord Claremont serving as an editor or something. To keep some connective tissue and make sure characterization shines through. Hickman has talent, but it's like he's completely logical, and doesn't know how to do complex emotions. And as much as we like clever storytelling, it's really the characters and their relationships that keeps us coming back for more. That was largely lost in the Krakoa era.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gail Simone? I'm pretty sure she's not in her 80s so I don't see why you bring it up. Also age affects competency which you need to be a writer.
    Our Lord Claremont is in his 73rd year. Gail Simone is 49.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

No, he's washed and I don't want him anywhere near Cyclops.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Also age affects competency which you need to be a writer.
    I'm off on Claremont too, but Cormac Mcarthy wrote No Country for Old Men and The Road in his mid-seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Should Marvel do it?

DISCUSS!
    Absolutely Not! His treatment of Polaris and Havok are unforgivable!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm off on Claremont too, but Cormac Mcarthy wrote No Country for Old Men and The Road in his mid-seventies.
    And neither of those hold a candle to Suttree or Blood Meridian. Maybe there was some kind of mental decline
    Last edited by Joy Boy; 03-22-2024 at 11:25 AM.

Sure, but I also want Professor Carey back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Sure, but I also want Professor Carey back.
    Oh yeah, I would definitely love to see Mike Carey back.

Fantastic Member

I love Chris Claremont. For me his golden era (1983-1991) is still amazing. But I do think that the times have moved on. An ongoing book probably would not go over well seeing as how he has struggled with keeping a book going past 12 issues for the last decade and a half. That in no way does not mean he shouldn't work on special projects that have a beginiing, middle, and end. 6-8 issue mini-series. Gambit was solid, X-Treme X-Men was fun, and so far Madripoor Knights is amazing. A mini-series reuniting him with Alan Davis for an Excalibur mini-series would be cool IMHO. But for everyone who is slagging Chris while praising the Krakoa age, I'd like to remind people that not only did he do a lot of those things first. A lot of Krakoan comics take their ideas straight from what Claremont did.