Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    A "what if" showing Captain Atom as the villian of Armageddon 2001. Which he was until they changed the plot at the last minute...
    I wonder if those pages were actually drawn? Maybe DC could release them like they did recently with Jason surviving his encounter with Joker.

The pre-Flashpoint plans for the Giffen-era JLI. Coming out of Justice League: Generation Lost, you had Captain Atom, Booster Gold, Fire, ice, Blue Beetle (Jaime), a new Rocket Red, and eventually Power Girl all set up for a new ongoing series.

I love Ted Kord being back, as he's always been my Blue Beetle, but I feel like I'd be willing to sacrifice his return if it meant that line-up was able to continue moving forward in that direction; as it stands, only Booster and Jaime are relatively unchanged. Captain Atom got Doc Manhattaned and now seems to be somewhere in the middle, Rocket Red is dead, Fire & Ice recently got their own book as a lousy comedy duo, and the less said about the current Power Girl take, the better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka's original Amazons Attack before Didio, Johns, and Infinite Crisis ruined it.
    THIS ^^^^

So disappointed how they botched that entire concept.

Fantastic Member

Morrison getting to continue Batman and Robin beyond 16 issues. Having Bruce stay gone a while and letting Dick and Damian be Batman and Robin without him for longer would have been something else

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka's original Amazons Attack before Didio, Johns, and Infinite Crisis ruined it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    THIS ^^^^

So disappointed how they botched that entire concept.

The surprisingly good Josie Campbell series seems like the closest we'll get to Rucka's idea.

Not original concepts, but Id like for someone to end all those recent enigmatic cliffhangers on Wonder Woman. Like, lmao, writers, just stop ending plots on gotchas and get to resolve at least one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    My guess is that Johns was going to include scenes of Jor-El being returned to his time in Doomsday Clock #12, but had to adjust since Bendis wanted to use him. This is one of the reasons the final issues were delayed, including a very forced reference to DiDio's "5G," which thankfully didn't happen.
    Didio was using 5G and Bendis to try and kill Rebirth early for some reason. New 52 lasted 5 years, post-Crisis under him starting from Infinite Crisis/OYL/52 lasted 5 years and 5G was planned for 5 years so it seems like in regards to massive shakesup with regards to continuity, DC would try and shakeup everything every 5 years. And King and Tomasi/Gleason seems to have planned out for 100 issue runs using double shipping on both their books before they were fired and replaced for writers to build up to 5G. And I think Johns has pretty much said in an interview that the delays were a result DC trying to rush out Doomsday Clock for 5G and not giving him and Frank enough lead time.

Milestone Comics

Fantastic Member

I'd love to see what was planned for Aquaman: Rise of the Seven Seas.

Extraordinary Member

I think I read somewhere that Chuck Dixon and Scott Beatty planed a "Jason Todd: Year One" continuing their Robin/Batgirl/Nightwing Year One series, that would be my pick.

EDIT:

Found it, they were also planning a Batgirl Year Two leading up to Killing Joke

https://scottbeatty.blogspot.com/201...eatty-and.html
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-19-2024 at 01:15 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

N52 Superman (from Sideways)

IMG_2699.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Christopher Priest's run on Black Adam. In one of his interviews, he talked about his run having 12 more issues left.