Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be Senku

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The correct answer is probably some rom com protagonists because being physically weak and a bully magnet is a common trope for them. I'm not going to embarrass myself by mentioning specific examples, but I'm sure someone more confident in their weeaboo status could name some. And honestly, the grosser the story the more likely they are to be weak.

Shinji's standard equipment should include his robot.

Ash has surviving lightning strikes from day one and has lots of feats requiring Olympic weight lifter level strength. And frankly his pokemon should be standard equipment too.

Spike is a high competent hand to hand fighter and gunman. Probably not comic book peak human but reasonably close.

Light can kill people on the other side of the planet.

I have no idea what you're going for with these nominations. Some are physically weak but anime uses a much broader definition of being strong and weak which tends to encompass full power sets and will power. And physically, even Light is a talented athlete. I don't know everyone you named, but all the ones I recognized are not worth discussing. Shinji is the only one who might qualify and that requires taking away the robot, which is like taking away Tony Stark's armor and then saying Iron Man is the weakest Avenger.
    Except that within the context of the OP, he specifically noted characters with a significant amount of raw power as a primary requisite (Goku, Luffy, Sukuna) in conjunction with their innate abilites. And that's what I based my nominations upon. And as grampagen noted, I was appraising them on a pure individualistic level, without including external means such as Ash's Pokemon, Light's Death Note or Shinji's Evangelion.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Yeah I was trying to bring up characters from stuff where fighty, or adventurous, stuff happened. Otherwise this thread might just be about what slice of life series is the comfiest or least threatening.

There's probably characters out there that are missing limbs or something and have no powers. Start there I suppose
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

That's not what the OP said, Len.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    WE always try to debate on the strongest and we got a Lot of them (Luffy, Goku, Sukuna, etc) but who would be the weakest Anime Hero/Main Character that would still be considered the main Character. Not just a big name figure (aka King from OPM).

Who do you got?
    They mentioned a bunch of strong charactersand then asked for weak characters to contrast them. You made up the part about that being a prerequisite for the weakest nominations. And even then... Shinji is the only character who is unequivocally physically unimpressive. You otherwise named talented athletes, Bruce Lee martial artists, and toon force characters who dead lift 300 pounds and tank lightning bolts. You just sprouted a bunch of names without properly reading or even really thinking about how the names stacked up against each other.

The eight Digi-destined are all elementary school or middle school-aged kids... they're about as weak as any normal human children are.

That's not what the OP said, Len.

They mentioned a bunch of strong charactersand then asked for weak characters to contrast them. You made up the part about that being a prerequisite for the weakest nominations. And even then... Shinji is the only character who is unequivocally physically unimpressive. You otherwise named talented athletes, Bruce Lee martial artists, and toon force characters who dead lift 300 pounds and tank lightning bolts. You just sprouted a bunch of names without properly reading or even really thinking about how the names stacked up against each other.
    Yeah, I can acknowledge that. Frankly, my train of thought in my initial post was operating along the lines of "Well, based on those examples, Ash, Light and Spike, while impressive in their own right and the setting of their series, aren't anywhere near as powerful compared to these guys."
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

The Priestesses from Fushigi Yuugi are normal High School/Junior High School girls who lack magical powers on their own, and must rely on the Guardians to body guard them. Eventually, once they fulfill their quests to collect all of their guardians and perform a ritual, they are able to get three wishes from a beast god, but that's not really their own power at work, and not something one could rely on for standard equipment. Miaka did demonstrate some kind of force field in exactly one scene while unconscious, but that seemed pretty circumstantial to what was happening to her at the time.

Of the four, Suzuno, Yui, and Miaka are probably about even, I don't think they have any particular skills that would lend themselves to a fight. Takiko is at least combat-capable with a naginata.

Lupin III? Usually Goemon, Jigen and sometimes Fujiko are the 'muscle' of the team while Lupin's the main plotter.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

The correct answer is probably some rom com protagonists because being physically weak and a bully magnet is a common trope for them. I'm not going to embarrass myself by mentioning specific examples, but I'm sure someone more confident in their weeaboo status could name some. And honestly, the grosser the story the more likely they are to be weak.

Shinji's standard equipment should include his robot.

Ash has surviving lightning strikes from day one and has lots of feats requiring Olympic weight lifter level strength. And frankly his pokemon should be standard equipment too.

Spike is a high competent hand to hand fighter and gunman. Probably not comic book peak human but reasonably close.

Light can kill people on the other side of the planet.

I have no idea what you're going for with these nominations. Some are physically weak but anime uses a much broader definition of being strong and weak which tends to encompass full power sets and will power. And physically, even Light is a talented athlete. I don't know everyone you named, but all the ones I recognized are not worth discussing. Shinji is the only one who might qualify and that requires taking away the robot, which is like taking away Tony Stark's armor and then saying Iron Man is the weakest Avenger.
    Yes, great breakdown, these heroes are still quite powerful because of their added "equipment" they hold. And no, i'm not including the weak rom-com or isekai that fall into powerful bodies, etc.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Cells at Work is a manga/anime that's about a white and a red blood cell.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    the Cast of K-on!
    I'd say Bocchi is weaker:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Cells at Work is a manga/anime that's about a white and a red blood cell.
    i love that show too! They literally made our bodies a warzone with heroes and enemies!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

@Laevatein

Wow! birds left her in a crater of destruction??? Is her plot that she just has bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are a ton of manga/anime titles that take place in the modern world with perfectly normal people doing perfectly normal things. Kids, even. Zero action, zero fighting, zero feats.

Pick one.
    THIS^

My ex was a big anime fan, but aside from the Miyazaki classics and a lot of magical princess anime, she tended to like non-violent anime with normal people. Or at least normal-level people. I vaguely remember one about a girl wearing magical, sentient, talking panties.