Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I can't believe they're using Paul to threaten MJ. Like anyone other than her actually cares what happens to him .
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Are we sure it's not Paul who is doing this. He is a tech guy and we never know where he got the money from
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also they gave Black Cat some rando new female love interest she's suddenly head over heels for who will probably be immediately forgotten about after this mini ends.

I guess she's also in that position of bisexual characters where they emphasize your bisexuality but then still pretty much consistently pair you up with women (aside from that time with Peter).
    end of spoilers

Absolutely awful. To go from Jed Mackay to this!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Absolutely awful. To go from Jed Mackay to this!
    It's not like the last mini by him was so much better.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    It's not like the last mini by him was so much better.
    We'll get another mini next year, but under a different status quo and different writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    We'll get another mini next year, but under a different status quo and different writer
    It was cute the first time during Beyond. Time to stop.

I just found it kind of funny how MJ says "I haven't seen you this in love in a long time" as if her relationship with Peter basically meant nothing compared to this romance with rando girl.

I just found it kind of funny how MJ says "I haven't seen you this in love in a long time" as if her relationship with Peter basically meant nothing compared to this romance with rando girl.
    Has she ever been shown to be in love either than Peter and Flash (and her wife in Spider-Girl)?

So . . . since Flash??? (Peter only counts the first time (two times)?)

Ultimate Member

Well they seem to be rewriting reality with every line in every issue rather than admit that they've really messed things up.

spoilers:
    I guess she's also in that position of bisexual characters where they emphasize your bisexuality but then still pretty much consistently pair you up with women (aside from that time with Peter).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's better than a female character who is in theory bisexual but is mostly depicted being sexy around male love interests. It's not as if Felicia has had a lot of female love interests since she was first written as bisexual.
    end of spoilers
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Has she ever been shown to be in love either than Peter and Flash (and her wife in Spider-Girl)?

So . . . since Flash??? (Peter only counts the first time (two times)?)
    She liked Puma well enough though not sure if it was at all serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    spoilers:
    It's better than a female character who is in theory bisexual but is mostly depicted being sexy around male love interests. It's not as if Felicia has had a lot of female love interests since she was first written as bisexual.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's just a trend I've noticed with bisexual characters. I mean, it's not wrong in and of iteself but it feels like sometimes they forget that they're interested in more than one gender.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

So, I ordered this like a month ago and forgot about it. After seeing the preview of this issue, I was reticent at best. I think the best thing I can say is that the art is pretty good in a late 90s Stuart Immonen sort of a way even if it at times it veers towards cheesecake territory. The story though? Someone compared MJ's inner dialogue to Batman. It is pretty clear that there was no real effort to try to figure out MJ's authentic voice. It comes off as empty. The story is cliche buddy cop nonsense that was tired 25 years ago. A hot mess overall.

Amazing Member

I feel like at this point Felicia in Spider-Man is just a character there to sell variant covers. She is probably never going to be in a serious relationship with Peter again and without that relationship dynamic she doesn't have much going for her as a supporting character unless they want to keep expanding the MJ relationship, but then she would mainly be a supporting character of a supporting character which doesn't amount to much beyond doing these yearly MJ + Black Cat comics until they completely overuse that idea and she disappears from the comic almost completely.

Fantastic fist issue!

This is all obviously leading to a Pauly’s Angels ongoing featuring…

- Jackpot
    - Black Cat
    - Hallow’s Eve
    - Anna
    - Ben Reilly (as Bosley)
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

So, Felica met that woman "5 months ago". I wonder how long was the comic time between ASM#31 and this issue. I see two options:

- exactly 5 months have passed between those two issues and Felica basically found someone else right after "dumping" Peter
    or
    - less than 5 months have passed between those two issues so Felica basically was seeing someone else, while was "dating" Peter. Even in ASM #31 both of them seemed ok with the break-up, saying that they were just "going through the motions", Felica being a rebound, making Peter feel better after MJ left him for Paul and the kids.

Both options don't seem to portray Felica in a good light, unless more than 5 months has passed between ASM #31 and this issue.