Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm glad. That said, I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I hope Betsy isn't Captain Britain anymore. Not because I want Brian to have the mantle (I really don't care), but because the Betsy I love doesn't fight for a flag or for Otherworld.
    Same here. Especially when she's basically disavowed Britain at this point.

Fantastic Member

hopefully it s a mini because no matter how hard they try and even after all their chances thsese characters just do not sell books

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The way it’s phrased certainly sounds like a separate title from all the ones we’ve heard of. Looks like anyone hoping for them to break up is out of luck.
    Technically we’ve only heard of of the new three X-Men titles.
    We officially haven’t gotten anything on NYX, X-Factor or X-Force yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It would be so funny if Tini Howard came back.
    Don't even joke about that...

I really hope it’s X-Factor. I like Excalibur but it’s easily the X-title that gets put in its own corner more often than not. Betsy in particular is still in a bit of a transition phase as a character and I think having her take an active role in a book like X-Factor could prevent her from being forever relegated to the Otherworld corner of the X-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    hopefully it s a mini because no matter how hard they try and even after all their chances thsese characters just do not sell books
    Surprised you didn't know about this book ahead of time.

I wonder if Uncanny #700 will set it up at all or if it'll have a whole new premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I really hope it’s X-Factor. I like Excalibur but it’s easily the X-title that gets put in its own corner more often than not. Betsy in particular is still in a bit of a transition phase as a character and I think having her take an active role in a book like X-Factor could prevent her from being forever relegated to the Otherworld corner of the X-verse.
    Good point. I rather not wait until the second wave of books so please let it be X-Factor or X-Force lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Don't even joke about that...
    Seriously. I like her work on Catwoman but keep her far away from the X books. I don't think her Excalibur stuff was bad but it sure was boring and convoluted. I could be down for this Rachel/Betsy title being a new Excalibur book though. Or maybe a new X-Corp book?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

My preference would be a new Excalibur book... but that would probably be too similar to the latest few attempts and I feel Brevoort might want to try something new. I think they might go in a different direction with X-Force so I wouldn't mind if Betsy and Rachel were part of the new X-Factor.

The speculation about them being in the Phoenix book could possibly have merit though - if it's a Jean solo but also featuring other Phoenix hosts or simply Jean's family, Rachel could be along for the ride and Betsy could be joining her.

bishop hates everthing that isnt straight man action action bam bam Niciezafest.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    you realize there will be other characters in this book as well?

Betsy literally only had Tini Howard during peak Krakoa era timeline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It would be so funny if Tini Howard came back.
    It's very likely imo given that she's Marvel current go to writer for Betsy.

since when has she been Marvel's go to writer lol

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy literally only had Tini Howard during peak Krakoa era timeline.
    This is why I'm so iffy on people's criticism of her stories in the Krakoa era. Was the problem Betsy? Captain Britain? Otherworld? Howard?

I also wasn't sure if she would be around since White basically said the reason she got such a push was because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    This is why I'm so iffy on people's criticism of her stories in the Krakoa era. Was the problem Betsy? Captain Britain? Otherworld? Howard?
    Taking away 30+ years of character development. Their decision to return her to her birth body shouldn't have been an excuse to hard reset Betsy.