Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This also has me confuses me because some of you makes that BS statement that whoever critiqued her titles just disliked that she was a female writers but valid critiques were give aplenty.

Her dialogue sound like DnD caricatures, her pacing was not great, she didnt know how to juggle multiple characters. She had things happen off panel because she thought readers were smart enough to understand what was happening when in fact it would have made more sense to have shown it on panel. She didnt know how to write action scenes and she didnt know how to creatively use the powers of each team member.

Could it be the Phoenix book ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    “Yet to be announced book” means it’s not X-Force. Or X-Factor.
    I think those books are still considered TBA because no details have been revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This also has me confuses me because some of you makes that BS statement that whoever critiqued her titles just disliked that she was a female writers but valid critiques were give aplenty.

Her dialogue sound like DnD caricatures, her pacing was not great, she didnt know how to juggle multiple characters. She had things happen off panel because she thought readers were smart enough to understand what was happening when in fact it would have made more sense to have shown it on panel. She didnt know how to write action scenes and she didnt know how to creatively use the powers of each team member.
    I think it’s valid to point out that the non-men writers of the Krakoa era received an outside proportion of vitriol, whether or not you thought their work was good.

I think all those things you’re complaining about were only true for, say, nine issues. Once the XoS preludes happened, Excalibur was great. But by then, people had made up their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Could it be the Phoenix book ?
    Interestingly there are two articles, one at Popverse and one at AIPT, about this news and the writers are speculating it's the Phoenix book. I'm not so sure though.

Also it's been said that Brevoort wanted all new writers and artists in his X-office so a TH return seems extremely unlikely.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    This is why I'm so iffy on people's criticism of her stories in the Krakoa era. Was the problem Betsy? Captain Britain? Otherworld? Howard?

I also wasn't sure if she would be around since White basically said the reason she got such a push was because of him.
    Well, I mean, the truth is that there’s plenty of places out there where you can find readers who liked the Captain Britain shift for Betsy. Just not CBR.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well, we can now at least be sure the Psylocke on Cyclops' team is indeed Kwannon, not Betsy.

Also X-Factor, NXY, Phoenix, X-Force are all already announced, this a yet to be announced title, meaning yet to be announced.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Surprised you didn't know about this book ahead of time.

I wonder if Uncanny #700 will set it up at all or if it'll have a whole new premise.

Good point. I rather not wait until the second wave of books so please let it be X-Factor or X-Force lol
    I could easily see them in an X-Factor book based out of Britain (considering Brevoort wants to have varied locations) with her STRIKE colleagues. Guest starring Megan and Maggie.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Interestingly there are two articles, one at Popverse and one at AIPT, about this news and the writers are speculating it's the Phoenix book. I'm not so sure though.

Also it's been said that Brevoort wanted all new writers and artists in his X-office so a TH return seems extremely unlikely.
    Oh. Does that mean no more Dauterman cover ?
    Now I'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I could easily see them in an X-Factor book based out of Britain (considering Brevoort wants to have varied locations) with her STRIKE colleagues. Guest starring Megan and Maggie.
    From your lips, Sibz. I thought about that too since the X-Men are scattered currently. A STRIKE Betsy rebrand/refocus would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oh. Does that mean no more Dauterman cover ?
    Now I'm sad.
    Perhaps some cover artists will remain but I think with interiors they're going for all new names.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, I mean, the truth is that there’s plenty of places out there where you can find readers who liked the Captain Britain shift for Betsy. Just not CBR.
    I guess my thing is that there were complaints about her during Krakoa (but there are always complaints for every character during every era) and the middle book getting turned into a mini but nothing really changed. Other characters went to different writers so it was easier to tell if the complaint was the writer or the direction but not for Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think it’s valid to point out that the non-men writers of the Krakoa era received an outside proportion of vitriol, whether or not you thought their work was good.

I think all those things you’re complaining about were only true for, say, nine issues. Once the XoS preludes happened, Excalibur was great. But by then, people had made up their minds.
    Agree to disagree but if you liked it more power to you. Also its not complaining its critiquing but thanks for trying to invalidate it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Glad to hear they will be in a book, love both characters. Hopefully a different writer will be able to make me feel invested in their relationship, because I'm still not really feeling it. Also hope they get new costumes that are a tad more creative than the ones we've seen so far.

I usually really like Davi Go's art, but that Northstar/Spiderman cover looks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Glad to hear they will be in a book, love both characters. Hopefully a different writer will be able to make me feel invested in their relationship, because I'm still not really feeling it. Also hope they get new costumes that are a tad more creative than the ones we've seen so far.

I usually really like Davi Go's art, but that Northstar/Spiderman cover looks off.
    I'm really looking forward to potential new costumes. Brevoort said everyone will be getting new looks so I'm on the edge of my seat.

Hear me out. X-Force: Betsy, Rachel, Cable, Havok, Madelyne, Archangel. One big happy crazy family.