Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    At this point I'm just ready for it to end so we can get to a new direction with a new creative team. Which is a shame, because this book started really strong and I loved the cast.
    Agreed. Percy honestly really killed the book by taking his evil Beast plot point, dragging it out and turning it into the main plot of the book over honestly the better stories this book produced. We somehow went from X-Force as the mutant CIA dealing with genetically engineered soldiers to cartoonish mustache twirling Beast being cartoonishly evil for the entire end stretch of the book.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

With beast on Exceptional x-men I hope we get a resolution of evil hank that's satisfying
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    With beast on Exceptional x-men I hope we get a resolution of evil hank that's satisfying
    I really wonder if they're going to just ignore everything. Classic Hank is back, he's all buddy-buddy with Logan, Scott, and everyone else, no explanation needed.

As I've heard the saying, 'Least said, soonest mend.'
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

This was the most inept X-Force team ever, and it didn’t even have Marrow on the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I really wonder if they're going to just ignore everything. Classic Hank is back, he's all buddy-buddy with Logan, Scott, and everyone else, no explanation needed.

I truly believe this is what's going to happen. "Evil" Hank will be killed off in the final X-Force issue, and "Good" Hank will take his place. Percy wipes his hands of the whole thing and we're onto the next era. I know opinions vary, but IMO this is the worst character assassination I've seen in a long time. Even worse than Moira (which was also done by Percy). At least with her you could say she's suffering from severe PTSD from her past lives and just completely snapped or something. Hank though...it's like he underwent a complete personality shift out of nowhere. I agree with BobbysWorld that the Endangered Species story is a good example of Hank going dark that makes sense for his character. What happened in X-Force and Wolverine, OTOH, was not.

I was trying to get some normie friends to read comics, and one of the first things one of them said was, "Which comic ruined Beast?"

Percy's influence breached containment and hit some of the masses. He made it that much harder to sell the concept of comics to my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I was trying to get some normie friends to read comics, and one of the first things one of them said was, "Which comic ruined Beast?"

Percy's influence breached containment and hit some of the masses. He made it that much harder to sell the concept of comics to my friends.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I was counting on the normies not to be exposed to Percy's trash!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I was counting on the normies not to be exposed to Percy's trash!
    Well, look at the bright side: the friend did say "which comic ruined Beast?", so the "normies" at least are aware that Beast has never been like that. I'd say it's a good thing.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Well, look at the bright side: the friend did say "which comic ruined Beast?", so the "normies" at least are aware that Beast has never been like that. I'd say it's a good thing.
    I guess so. Also, I mean 'normies' in the nicest context. 'Non-comic-readers' is so long and cumbersome.

I guess so. Also, I mean 'normies' in the nicest context. 'Non-comic-readers' is so long and cumbersome.
    Don't worry, I got it.
    Although, as I'm not English-native, I though that you US comic book fans indeed called the non-readers "normies". As an affectionate nickname (as in "those who are normal, unlike us who are obsessed with these illustrated books").
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Don't worry, I got it.
    Although, as I'm not English-native, I though that you US comic book fans indeed called the non-readers "normies". As an affectionate nickname (as in "those who are normal, unlike us who are obsessed with these illustrated books").
    Ah, yes, that's how I use it .

A normal person, who might check out the X-comics because of the new cartoon, would be puzzled why Hank is a disgustingly evil villain in the current X-Force when he's nothing but heroic in the cartoon.

And unlike a 'normie', I've spent pages obsessively dissecting Percy's trainwreck for some explanation of Hank's behavior, whining and complaining about it, for over a year-and-a-half now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    This was the most inept X-Force team ever, and it didn’t even have Marrow on the squad.
    Ooof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

To be fair, the first thing casualy fans of super hero media by Marvel and DC will usualy learn about the original comics, is how confusing and convoluted they are to anyone who can't osmose their way into them and/or the various messed up, stupid and bad storylines or moments of the past that the editorial either will keep canon or try to course correct adding to the confusion.

Because those make for great content for videos and articles making fun of the "strange/mysterious world of american super hero comics and their equaly strange fans" which arguably plays one part in keeping many people away from the comics, since it might validate their biases and reservations against trying to give them a chance.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-25-2024 at 06:10 AM.

Probably but Stegman's art teases don't seem to feature him as part of the team, so I think Beast and Magneto will be recruited to the team during the run, as opposed to Juggernaut, Psylocke, Quentin and Oya who are already on the team in issue #1. So we might at least see Cyclops say something about what his view on Beast is after all that's happened before joining the team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    It's over. Started off great but fell off after a few months.
    Counterpoint: X-Force series intrinsically aren't good as an ongoing comic, and instead better suited to being a limited series (less than 8-10 issues). Hence why they can start off pretty interesting, but fall off drastically over a few months.

From X-Force to Uncanny X-Force, ongoing series have to keep upping the ante with the 'shock' factor and the level of violence/depravity that calls for X-Force to exist.
    All of that grows old after awhile with the same team and same writer/artist on board.

Percy's shtick has gotten really old. I can't believe there are 50 issues of this (in addition to the Wolverine and other stuff). While I would have liked to have had more Hellions than the 18 issues we got, at the same time, that was sufficient to bring the characters onto a complete journey without padding it out with increasingly difficult threats.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Can this X-Force relaunch not be a kill squad. Everyone forgets that X-force was originally just a get her done tough nmvook that was people following Cable on his Mission NOT a kill squad. That started with Utopia group and Wolverine.
    X-Men Forever