Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I would love it X-Force went back to the original premise… Hit the bad guys hard before they become a bigger problem. Didn’t always work out that way, but it was great for the first few years. I think the Capullo post-X-Tinction Agenda issues are the best.

Personally I really liked the black ops angle for X-Force. Essentially being able to go where and do the things that the X-Men couldn’t in order to keep mutantkind safe. It doesn’t have to be a kill squad but I like the side of that X-Men is the light while X-Force is the shadow.

Fantastic Member

I'm sure history will look back on these 50 issues as the epitome of a 'mutant CIA' and 'the greatest Colossus story ever,' not to sell the Peacock Man reveal short.
    /s
    Last edited by Jwyatt; 03-25-2024 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Counterpoint: X-Force series intrinsically aren't good as an ongoing comic, and instead better suited to being a limited series (less than 8-10 issues). Hence why they can start off pretty interesting, but fall off drastically over a few months.

From X-Force to Uncanny X-Force, ongoing series have to keep upping the ante with the 'shock' factor and the level of violence/depravity that calls for X-Force to exist.
    All of that grows old after awhile with the same team and same writer/artist on board.

Percy's shtick has gotten really old. I can't believe there are 50 issues of this (in addition to the Wolverine and other stuff). While I would have liked to have had more Hellions than the 18 issues we got, at the same time, that was sufficient to bring the characters onto a complete journey without padding it out with increasingly difficult threats.
    50 issues and basically 3 plots. Did he ever explain in story how "Dark" Beast got around all the Omega Level telepaths on Krakoa? I mean Jean was even on X-Force in the first few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    50 issues and basically 3 plots. Did he ever explain in story how "Dark" Beast got around all the Omega Level telepaths on Krakoa? I mean Jean was even on X-Force in the first few issues.
    No. In fact, after she found out about the Terra Verde thing (which the Chronicler might have made him do before he focused on Piotr, another plot that was never followed up on), she never tells anyone about it. Hope sees several of his shady things but also never tells anyone. In his conversation with Emma, she actually tells him she won't read his mind so he'll be more open. And Xavier...well I've got nothing. Guess he just didn't care.

The staggering stupidity the characters had to exhibit in order to keep this stupid plot's revelations under wraps until Percy was ready for them is galling.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Astonishing Member

I'm never getting over how we were supposed to buy that Hank managed to build a literal prison moon without anyone noticing, based on 'he used a lot of money to do it' as though money alone is the logistical hurdle to all the reasons he should not have been able to hide that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    She was distracted by Scott in a speedo. And everyone is just so disgusted by hank they all ignor him

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    No. In fact, after she found out about the Terra Verde thing (which the Chronicler might have made him do before he focused on Piotr, another plot that was never followed up on), she never tells anyone about it. Hope sees several of his shady things but also never tells anyone. In his conversation with Emma, she actually tells him she won't read his mind so he'll be more open. And Xavier...well I've got nothing. Guess he just didn't care.

The staggering stupidity the characters had to exhibit in order to keep this stupid plot's revelations under wraps until Percy was ready for them is galling.
    My problem with the whole Krakoa period in general and Percy X-Force in particular is that it could have worked if the characters had stayed true to form. Seeing our favorites have to negotiate a whole new surrounding could have worked. But instead, we got beloved characters jumping off the slippery slope at the drop of a hat. A beginning, middle, and end that was planned out for most of the mysteries should have always been in place, but it is clear that the writers only had a loose framework to work with. My hope for X-Force 2024 is that it skews more towards the original idea of mutants not quite loyal to Xavier's dream taking to fight to other mutants/humans and being proactive against threats instead of waiting for them to attack.