Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Thank goodness this is ending.

Not only it was an awful run because of the brutal character assasination that Beast suffered by Percy's hand (let's pray he recovers from this), but this was the most incompetent and useless incarnation of X-force.
    The incompetence, the mind-numbingly stupid actions, the character assassinations, the leaps of logic, the willful stupidity of EVERY character to just ignore awful things going on or simply not tell anyone, makes every character who appeared in this trainwreck look bad. I think they're going to have to retcon this mess because of how bad it makes everyone, not just Beast, look.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I enjoyed the Wolverine, Domino, Kid Omega trio but this series was flat.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It says final battle against Beast. Not that it's the final issue?
    It's been known it's the finale for awhile. A relaunch is coming with a new writer in the New era
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

What happened with this run was unfortunate and it's something that writers should avoid IMO.

Percy turned a classic character into a sociopathic monster and had to resort to "time travel" to resolve the hole he put the character in. This isn't efficient storytelling when a writer has to find a way to retcon parts of his own story. Yes, Beast has "dabbled" in the dark side but whatever Hank did in the past pales in comparison to what Percy turned him into.

I don't know where Dark Beast is but there's no reason why Percy couldn't use Dark Beast for all this. It doesn't really make much of a difference since evil Beast is likely going to be discarded and the original Beast is back. What was the point of Hank McCoy doing what he did?
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-22-2024 at 03:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

When we last left off. Sage decreed all hanks must die, good hank and his rid or die partners wonderman go to find hank prime. Hanks prime plans to nuke Mars so he can enslave/genocide all humans.

Will good hank stay ? Will prime hank get to commit warcrimes ? Can xforce kill all hanks ? Will laura say or do anything.
    Tune in next time for somting, not answers but somting hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm just the messenger.
    "Messenger"
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

It really bugs me that to un-Percy Hank, we have to lose decades of stories and character development from his memories. What was it even for? A bad X-Force run?

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    It really bugs me that to un-Percy Hank, we have to lose decades of stories and character development from his memories. What was it even for? A bad X-Force run?
    I'm fairly confident that Percy won't provide a satisfying conclusion. Beast fans Jed Mackay and Tom Brevoort, the upcoming X-Men writer and x-book editor respectively, are sure to retcon something in to fix this mess (at least, I'm hoping so).

I've liked a lot of the covers of this book.

And I love the linework and color of this cover.

But wtf. This looks like a junior varsity high school baseball team selfie.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Wonder how many pages
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Wonder how many pages
    It'll have 28 pages, not given any extra room to wrap things up.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    It's over. Started off great but fell off after a few months.
    I think so too. I thought that the first several issues were pretty good. But then...it changed...

I'll go ahead and post the pages from the preview:

A friend of mine brought a glaring mistake to my attention. Isn't Simon an ionic being of energy? Why would he need an oxygen tank?

Also, I wish that good-Beast would lose the glasses. Bad-Beast wore them constantly and I just associate them now with him.

And thus ends probably the most inconsistent (and frankly weak) X-Force runs of all time.

Also, X-Force has no problem trying to kill Wonder Man? What, do they think Simon will just survive while Beast won't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'm fairly confident that Percy won't provide a satisfying conclusion. Beast fans Jed Mackay and Tom Brevoort, the upcoming X-Men writer and x-book editor respectively, are sure to retcon something in to fix this mess (at least, I'm hoping so).
    I almost feel bad for the amount of stuff Jed is going to have to fix with Beast in his run.

Good riddance. I feel so sorry for the people who were initially excited for this just to be let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I think so too. I thought that the first several issues were pretty good. But then...it changed...

I'll go ahead and post the pages from the preview:

A friend of mine brought a glaring mistake to my attention. Isn't Simon an ionic being of energy? Why would he need an oxygen tank?

Also, I wish that good-Beast would lose the glasses. Bad-Beast wore them constantly and I just associate them now with him.
    They never get energy beings right. They had Chamber die in Unlimited and then absorb his still powered head. Ain’t no way after this run, Percy of all people, would write someone correctly. Especially if he needs to show how evil Beast is. Let alone an editor actual catch an error and have the writer fix it.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I’m calling bullshit on Beast getting the drop on Wonder Man like that. Pacifist or not, Simon is one of the strongest humans on Earth. Even if Beast has a suit enhancing himself, Simon can lift 100 tons, he shouldn’t be able to be restrained so easily. Also, considering that he doesn’t need to breath, why does he need a scuba tank to dive down in the first place?