Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Can't wait until Otto forgets Peter's identity again .

At least Anna Maria's not going to stay a hostage this time around.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

At least Anna Maria's not going to stay a hostage this time around.
    It's weird because from the sounds of it the book is ending 2 issues after this arc ends, but that could be a lie

Fantastic Member

It's a little frustrating to see the whole superior era treated like a jokey Freaky Friday situation. Like, Ock did monsterous things with Peter's body. From creeping on MJ(the mildest possible interpretation of the events), the whole ick situation with Anna Maria, to murdering people in cold blood.

I dunno. I wasn't a fan of the era and am not looking to see the return of Spock in any capacity. And I know this will be defended as "a hero has to forgive and so whatever to save a life!" But I'm not into it.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I really appreciate that I have absolutely no idea where the hell this book is going with every issue. I love it.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

While not a bad read, this volume of Superior hasn't hit the heights (or lows) of the previous series. Basically Spider-man Team-Up Lite. Hard to get emotionally invested when the titular character doesn't appear except in flashbacks or cute word-play when Pete and Otto do team up. And with the solicits in June promising "Superior No More" maybe it's time to let this little experiment end, much as I hate to say it.

I hope not. Even if Otto doesn't become Superior Spider-Man again I hope he still remembers Peters identity as I think there's more story potential with him now that way. Hell, maybe it could be a way to have him become a more neutral character that can be both an ally and enemy to Peter, who knows.

This has been a lot of fun.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I think this has been a plenty fun arc, but that rebranding the magazine "Superior Spider-Man" seemed to cause a lot of trouble even to the creatives - even Slott himself said it's been a hard book to promote. IMO, the book's basically just been adjectiveless and it's been a long arc dealing with Otto, and it's also been a good one so far, much better than "End of Spider-Verse".
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It's a little frustrating to see the whole superior era treated like a jokey Freaky Friday situation. Like, Ock did monsterous things with Peter's body. From creeping on MJ(the mildest possible interpretation of the events), the whole ick situation with Anna Maria, to murdering people in cold blood.

I dunno. I wasn't a fan of the era and am not looking to see the return of Spock in any capacity. And I know this will be defended as "a hero has to forgive and so whatever to save a life!" But I'm not into it.
    A valid point, and one I'd generally concur with, though I liked the second volume better for two reasons --- one being that Otto was in a hybrid clone body instead of hijacking Peter's, the second being that he was genuinely trying to reform and be a better person, much less an actual hero, as opposed to riding around in Peter's corpse proclaiming himself "superior."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I hope not. Even if Otto doesn't become Superior Spider-Man again I hope he still remembers Peters identity as I think there's more story potential with him now that way. Hell, maybe it could be a way to have him become a more neutral character that can be both an ally and enemy to Peter, who knows.
    I don't think Otto needs to know.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A valid point, and one I'd generally concur with, though I liked the second volume better for two reasons --- one being that Otto was in a hybrid clone body instead of hijacking Peter's, the second being that he was genuinely trying to reform and be a better person, much less an actual hero, as opposed to riding around in Peter's corpse proclaiming himself "superior."
    Fair enough. I didn't follow along with the character as the character wasn't someone I wanted to follow so I don't know how that series shook out

Amazing Member

I have really been enjoying this series. It's definitely not what I expected but I honestly didn't know what to expect when they announced the return of the Superior Spider-Man. It's been an enjoyable ride so far and I've been looking forward to what's going to happen next. I love that Otto knows again. I think his dynamic with Peter is much more interesting at this stage with both of them knowing. It makes things so much more complicated for their dynamic in the best ways. Like JustLuke says:

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    There is so much to tap into with this. Especially since Web of Death (and even the initial Superior run) established that Otto would never harm Peter's loved ones. Even if he tries to destroy Peter down the line. Imagine if he gets close to doing so and then relents when he realizes how much that would hurt Aunt May. There's still so much that can be explored. I do feel that Frontier is right though:

I don't think Otto needs to know.
    By the end of the story for some reason or another Otto will probably forget... again.... I really hope I'm wrong though but I can't shake that feeling. I really want Aunt May to know Peter is Spidey again so that Otto, May and Peter can have the most awkward scene together. Also it's interesting to note that Mysterio has known Peter is Spider-Man for longer than Otto ever has without forgetting once. I don't even think Mysterio was impacted by the Doctor Strange spell since he was likely still dead at the time.
    Last edited by MP95; 03-26-2024 at 11:06 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Yeah, I'm out. This is not what I signed up for as a Spock fan. Honestly, after the mid-point of issue two, I haven't enjoyed this series. It has become a slog for me. Unless the reviews surprise me I doubt I'll pick this one up as a trade to complete the issues I've missed.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-27-2024 at 08:08 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I'm out. This is not what I signed up for as a Spock fan. Honestly, after the mid-point of issue two, I haven't enjoyed this series. It has become a slog for me. Unless the reviews surprise me I doubt I'll pick this one up as a trade to complete the issues I've missed.
    Same here. Dropping the book now.