1 7.14%
  • Other

0 0%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Preferred battle ready Hippolyta look - Blonde edition

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

B. It's one of my favorite designs for her. It was also the first comic I read Hippolyta in, I lucked out that I got a rare good showing for blonde Hippolyta instead of one of her other lackluster bronze age comics to give me a good impression. Its why I slightly prefer blonde Hippolyta, she has a unique look and stands out from Diana and Donna.

Where is F from? It looks like a Perez or Jimenez drawing, but I don't recognize it

Probably C followed by G as those are the only Blonde Hippolytas I've liked or read.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-23-2024 at 12:00 PM.

G but I like B for the head wings and silver, though the trimmings and shield aren't working for me.

I despise D.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Where is F from? It looks like a Perez or Jimenez drawing, but I don't recognize it
    Im not sure, I saw it for the first time in the other post.

B is a good costume but feels too... Valkyrie

so... either E or F.....

Incredible Member

F is actually post-crisis. That blonde ponytail is not meant to be her hair. It's part of the helmet. She's brunette / raven haired underneath.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

It's Perez from History of the DC Universe, volume 2. If I am recalling correctly, this actually predated first issue of Perez's Wonder Woman -- and I was surprised when Hippolyte was a brunette again because had assumed she was blonde in History. I wonder if that was George just being coy -- because by this time, I would assume it had already decided she would be dark-haired.

B and F -- both by Perez are my favorites, but since F is technically not blonde Hippolyta, I'll vote for B.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It's Perez from History of the DC Universe, volume 2. If I am recalling correctly, this actually predated first issue of Perez's Wonder Woman -- and I was surprised when Hippolyte was a brunette again because had assumed she was blonde in History. I wonder if that was George just being coy -- because by this time, I would assume it had already decided she would be dark-haired.

B and F -- both by Perez are my favorites, but since F is technically not blonde Hippolyta, I'll vote for B.
    Yeah its interesting she is blonde in pt.1 and then brunette in pt.2....I wonder if its actually Antiope?

Enh.... that helmet with the blond pony is just weird.

I have a strong suspicion this is a colourist error (and a re-colour at that), because didn't Post-Crisis Hippolyta's armour have a white plume on it, not blonde? I don't believe it's intended to be an indication of her hair colour, but adornment on the helmet itself.