Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default DC retro reprints you wanna see?

Would love to read;

The Death of the doom Patrol. The team sacrifice themselves to save a tiny fishing village...

and YOU?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'd love to see some of the "middle period" stuff reprinted. Some of the late forties, early fifties stuff that doesn't usually get reprinted when they do the GA and SA reprints. There's also a lot of nineties Superman stuff that's never been collected. Actually, there's a lot of nineties stuff that never got reprinted. Far as I know, very few of the Legends of the Dark Knight stuff from the nineties ever got reprinted. Some of the more obscure Vertigo series like Nevada. Some of these things will get reprints when they first come out and then never get reprinted again. The Young Justice cartoon comics. Apparently those are out of print now.
    Assassinate Putin!

-The 1950s Phantom Stranger series 6 issues, only a couple of the stories in them have ever been reprinted scattered through various DC Mystery mags and 80 page giants in the 70s. Impossible to find physical copies at anything resembling an affordable price and I have always been curious to read them.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Mighty Member

Thanks. Found a tatty old Blue Beetle from 1967 by Steve Ditko at a charity store last Friday. Would love more Charltons reprinted with the original ads (Peacemaker maybe?)...

Definitely, my choice would be...

Hot Wheels

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see The Omega Men with early Keith Giffen art and the debut of Lobo.

There's plenty to choose from, but any Gene Colan-drawn issues of either Batman or Detective Comics would be my next choice...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-24-2024 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Those are all characters that DC doesn't own (yes, even Thunderbolt). They would have to work out some kind of deal with whoever owns the actual licenses produce some kind of reprint. Marvel had to work out a deal with Hasbro just so they could FINALLY produce omnibus collections of their ROM and MICRONAUTS work from the 80s (or at least that's what they announced last year would finally be happening later this year). I'm not saying you can't want some kinda collection of this stuff, far from it; but the fact DC doesn't own the characters is a serious impediment to such happenng.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Those are all characters that DC doesn't own (yes, even Thunderbolt). They would have to work out some kind of deal with whoever owns the actual licenses produce some kind of reprint. Marvel had to work out a deal with Hasbro just so they could FINALLY produce omnibus collections of their ROM and MICRONAUTS work from the 80s (or at least that's what they announced last year would finally be happening later this year). I'm not saying you can't want some kinda collection of this stuff, far from it; but the fact DC doesn't own the characters is a serious impediment to such happenng.
    DC made an entire Earth for properties they are just licensing called First Wave. It has Doc Savage, Spirit, and a Batman for some reason. I think they even gave it a number designation. Until they lost the rights to the properties.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my choice would be...

Hot Wheels

That image of Santa trying to run people over reminds me of that Futurama Christmas episode.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That image of Santa trying to run people over reminds me of that Futurama Christmas episode.
    ^^^LO freaking L!

As to The shadow, Doc Savage and Peter Cannon? The heart wants what the heart wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^LO freaking L!

As to The shadow, Doc Savage and Peter Cannon? The heart wants what the heart wants!
    Reprinting Shadow Strikes also has the added wrinkle of the misdeeds of the writer on the series making it a nearly untouchable product.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reprinting Shadow Strikes also has the added wrinkle of the misdeeds of the writer on the series making it a nearly untouchable product.

-M
    ^^^Doesn't bother me any, but I can see why DC would be leery as Hell.

Fantastic Member

Well, I've wanted more 60's stuff to come out for years? Anthro, Inferior Five, Angel and the Ape, Sugar and Spike, Jerry Lewis, etc. I know DC doesn't have the rights to Jerry Lewis anymore, but I still the days when the comic medium didn't take itself so seriously and could make us laugh,

--jthree