Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Actually The Avengers didn't become like The Justice League until Bendis who added Spider-Man and Wolverine to the team. Also Avengers had Busiek and George Legend Perez working on the book and making it one of Marvel's most popular titles only beaten by the X-titles back when being an X-books were true juggernauts. it's wild now the Busiek/Perez run has become underrated.
    Using character histories and motivations as blueprints to add to canon isn't as sexy as tearing down canon and replacing it with your own outlandish interpretations. *Cough* Bendis *Cough* Aaron *Cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    for a bit Mutankind was "safe" to their standards and united.
    Krakoa gave mutants on a global scale what the mansion used to give on the individual scale: hope. Pun intended. The hopelessness of the mutant situation is wearing thin for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

My interest in Krakoa, as a setting, died early on when it became very obvious early on to me that hickman had no actual interest in making a country. It was painfully obvious that it was merely the framework of thsi narrative given how shallow all the institutions were.

My interest in it reignited around the sins of sinister/eternals fight when it seemed like they were progressing to a fall out that would wipe the ruling body clean so that maybe we could get to some actual country building.

And with Fall of X I just came away like "yep, still here huh?"

I can't be particularly moved that the island nation built on vibes is gone. Its too hollow for me to pretend like it matters.

Just like the Arrakii

I wonder why Jed didnt say anything about Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I still can't believe we're going from 'mutants mine the multiverse for mysterium' to 'Gambit goes back to the bayou'.
    I adore Gambit.
    But this gave me the lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I wonder why Jed didnt say anything about Kwannon.
    He only talked about Cyclops, the article goes on about a bunch of other characters, none of it is quoted from MacKay.

I hate the "step forward, step backward " thing.
    But I remember Destiny telling Mystique to burn Krakoa if they didn't resurrect her. I fell the same about Rockslide. He was the first casualty, and so far, they didn't bother to bring him back. So the whole setting can burn.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    This is what Namor was saying to Xavier back in HOXPOX. "Come back to me when you're not bluffing."

If this story trajectory doesn't sell after the initial buzz wears off, X-Office could pivot that way, (Atlantis as Krakoa 2.0) to try and lure back any Krakoa-fans that still exist in 2026 or so.
    i’m not sure what you mean by “ atlantis as krakoa 2.0”.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i’m not sure what you mean by “ atlantis as krakoa 2.0”.
    a Namor lead Mutant Nation?

I can dig that. Atlantiskoa

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm sad too. I feel a lot of different things.

As has been accurately pointed out the mutants have already been through the ringer since before the Gala. I'm struggling to wrap my head around the idea that though it seems Orchis will lose the war, mutants are still in bad shape in the new era. I wouldn't blame some of the X-Men if they decided they don't want to "do this" anymore. Gail mentioned in her thread, "Also, due to story elements, a LOT of the X-men are not picking up the phone when another mutant calls." I do think this is interesting but I can't deny that all of this feels very heavy and kinda depressing.
    Yes and Yes.

I'm really not sold on this New Era's "Back to Basic" premise. Rise from the Ashes reads like a misnomer because they're pretty much stuck in the very same place they were before and at the end of Krakoa. It's depressing AF.
    I'm biding time to learn more about the releases but...I'm not hopeful with this new (not really) direction.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    a Namor lead Mutant Nation?

I can dig that. Atlantiskoa
    would atlantis be underwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes and Yes.

I'm really not sold on this New Era's "Back to Basic" premise. Rise from the Ashes reads like a misnomer because they're pretty much stuck in the very same place they were before and at the end of Krakoa. It's depressing AF.
    I'm biding time to learn more about the releases but...I'm not hopeful with this new (not really) direction.
    i have to say, a lot of mutants aren’t picking up the phone, is just another way of saying, “ we have too many mutants, we’re gonna pick the popular ones.” i’d really like to see a comprehensive list of all the mutants and their abilities, along with the chance to vote for our favorites.

Spectacular Member

A nation ruled by a council with Sinister, Apocalypse, Shaw, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Selene, etc could never work, it made no sense for some characters like Cyclops to just accept that shitty government full of some of the most horrible people of all time after everything they went through to get mutants to where they are, Krakoa could've only worked if they got rid of all the evil monsters and made Cyclops the leader because he's proven for years that he's the only one who can be mutantkind's leader, they lost me when they made him work under a council with Sinister and Apocalypse, erased all his character development and turned him into a Jean simp who doesn't mind that his wife sleeps around all the time, if the new era brings the real Scott back as the title of the article implies then it's already better than Krakoa IMO.
    Last edited by NearlyEnough; 03-26-2024 at 02:05 PM.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I have my fair share of grievances with Krakoa but I feel ya bud. Sometimes a road has been travelled so much you no longer feel like it's worth going over one more time. I feel the same when I explain people why Doom is the secret MVP of marvel universe, not Hellion.