Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Even if Krakoa utterly fails, like completely implodes in on itself, mutants have proved that a society they create by themselves CAN work.
    Uh, didn't they already do that with Genosha?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Uh, didn't they already do that with Genosha?
    Genosha was created by humans who enslaved millions of mutants then killed them once they were no longer useful before the x-men saved them, only emma, magneto and lorna were on genosha during this destruction I'm not even sure if there was a government anymore Emma was a teacher on the island for example, I no longer know what magneto was doing.

The true experience of a nation began with krakoa and was destroyed again by the fault of humans.

They hired the wrong Ewing.

This sounds about as boring as that initial preview art looked. The closest thing to interesting to me is what sounds like a guilty pleasure TruBlood revisit in Uncanny, but unless that artist gets near-photorealistic real quick, I'm not going to be holding my breath for that release.

Lord Ewing, don't go!!!!!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Genosha was created by humans who enslaved millions of mutants then killed them once they were no longer useful before the x-men saved them, only emma, magneto and lorna were on genosha during this destruction I'm not even sure if there was a government anymore Emma was a teacher on the island for example, I no longer know what magneto was doing.

The true experience of a nation began with krakoa and was destroyed again by the fault of humans.
    There was, like, a decade IRL in-between their liberation and their destruction where Genosha was a mutant run country. And by this logic all mutants were oppressed before Krakoa was formed.

They COULD make another nation. They just need to make sure they kill all those pesky humans and robots, so they don't keep ruining things. And honestly, I'm all for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Disgusted with what I just read, back to the mutant mediocrity before Krakoa... humans hate mutants even more because they created an island to prevent these same humans from killing them (...)
    To be fair, the average human, other than falling for Orchis' generic racist propaganda, has seen Krakoa hand out miracle medicine that turned out drugged or what-was-that that it took a switch to do harm, while Krakoa quickly became the most rich country in the world.
    We the reader have been shown the vastness of the fortune Xavier amassed and all the holdings he controlled. Although not seen on panel, I think newspapers and newsnetworks in 616-canon must've dug into XAvier's holdings and revealed them to the public. Let's think Bezoz-Musk-Zukkemberg together, and all tightly linked to a government. Between the money and the medicine, the mutants could literally buy the planet.
    Also, these mutants - who, let's remember, all work for their nation - terraform Mars and colonize it.

I mean. Look at the unbalances happening in RL from having one super-power who can dominate the markets by having all companies nation-owned, compared to the other "rich" countries in which private companies aren't required to work for the "betterment" of their country's growth.
    Krakoa was that, and more. And with an army of super-powered beings that would make a rich country's whole arsenal moot.
    And that's ignoring that the three main and public leaders of Krakoa were: 1)a former supremacist terrorist that - on top of countless of acts - once reverted the planet poles; 2) another supremacist terrorist; 3)a guy who could rewrite the minds of all 8 billions of people in a minute.
    As long as the mutants fought each other, the mutants were less of a threat (and they already were a big threat per se), but once they got all together for the same goal, they become a super-power that must be feared.

I too would be quite worried. I think the baseline humans have been given plenty of reason to worry.
    And I think after months of Orchis campaigning and brainwashing the mind of the average public (with fake news), I think is to be expected that mutants aren't welcomed on non-Krakoa soil.
    We could look at history for an answer. Question: Did German people in 1945 suddenly became welcoming toward Jews, after years of being told that they were the worst evil ever or did it take them some time to clean themselves from the s*it they got to believe under the Nazism? Did German people suddenly understood that they'd been wrong and lied to or did it take time to believe what pics and video of the Nazi horrors started to circulate?
    (same for other totalitarism/dictatorships!)
    What I mean to say is that it makes sense that the fallout of the Krakoa Vs Orchis has mutants hated and distrusted. IMHO

The comparison to POC building their own country, as said by others, doesn't hold in the least.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 03-25-2024 at 06:50 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

X-Men: From the Ashes Wants to Make Cyclops the Leading Man He Was Always Meant to Be
    Exclusive: X-Men writers Gail Simone and Jed MacKay and editor Tom Brevoort talk about the future of Marvel's Merry Mutants in the From the Ashes relaunch.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/x-m...s-new-mission/

- “We wanted to start with Cyclops and wanted to bring him back to Alaska,” X-Men writer Jed MacKay tells Den of Geek during an exclusive interview at SXSW. “And from there we started thinking what his mission would be moving forward because he’s Cyclops, he always has the mission.”

- “The mutants that he assembles with him are parts of that mission,” explains MacKay. “These are a group of people who are not especially well suited towards simply going back to a normal life in the world.”

- For Simone, Gambit’s retreat to the bayou gives Rogue a chance to rest after the complicated events during the Fall of X storyline. But her retreat gets interrupted, not only by some young mutants who need help, but also by a frightening new baddie.

“Besides the Southern Gothic vibes, [Uncanny X-Men is] probably the scariest X-book,” she teases. “The new villain in there is someone that I would put up against any horror movie, psychological villain out there … and the sexiest.”

- According to Brevoort, these various retreats to old, familiar places is a natural outcome of the From the Ashes event, in which Marvel’s mutants must find a way to live without their Krakoa home.

“All of the assorted mutants of the world need to go and reintegrate back into the rest of the planet and live and coexist alongside a whole bunch of people that they just spent the last five years saying that they were the new inheritors of the future and that you have new gods now,” Brevoort says. “People around the planet have not taken that message to heart in a purely positive fashion.”
    suddenly i’m not sure if i’m interested in gail simone’s xbook.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah I mean, we've hashed out Magneto saying that to death and back and I'm not real interested in starting that back up again, its just.....its also not like Magneto said that to the world at large either, he said it to a handful of ambassadors, and most of the remarks people complained about mutants saying were literally said among other mutants, not to humans. So in reality, its NOT like mutants have been running around calling themselves new gods to humans en masse or painting the kind of picture that Brevoort is alluding to, here, where mutants have all been expressing supremacist ideas to humans and thus now are reaping what they sow as humans hold it against them. And THAT'S the issue I have with Brevoort characterizing it this way....it smacks of the loosely-affiliated-with-the-truth interpretations a lot of the most vocal critics of the era were loudest about holding against Krakoa and mutants, rather than an actual earned cause and effect between mutants and humans on the whole.
    But I bet Orchis was perfectly willing to turn that comment into "What All Mutants Truly Believe" as part of their propaganda campaign.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Also, Magneto didn't just act like that to the ambassadors:

I do wish that this sounded like something that I will care even one little bit about.

It doesn't.

These people didn't deserve Hickman.

Ugh. Yeah, still at "checking out Simone's book for Kurt and that's it."

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

“All of the assorted mutants of the world need to go and reintegrate back into the rest of the planet and live and coexist alongside a whole bunch of people that they just spent the last five years saying that they were the new inheritors of the future and that you have new gods now,” Brevoort says. “People around the planet have not taken that message to heart in a purely positive fashion.”
    Nope. Done. I was hoping this would have some of the Bendis confidence, since that’s the obvious inspiration for the structure, but this quote is the worst thing he could’ve said. I’ll wait for the next reboot after the next extinction event.

Astonishing Member

If you have to mine the Zdarsky FF/X-Men book that everyone decried as doing literally nobody on either side any favors in order to further your case, you're really not making the point you think you are.

Like really? We're citing FF/X-Men as the basis for why 'actually, it makes sense that everyone thinks all mutants are supremacists now'? C'mon.

I love how FF/X-Men is just this little blighted creature that everyone just pretends isn't in the room with them. To be dismissed as a fool at best, and an abomination at worst. It's the fate that this wretched tome deserves.
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.