Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    These aren't fixes. Every company that just has a vague policy of not being intolerant has some intolerant people that manage to make it through. And if Resurrection Protocols are for everyone then everyone in gonna try to get in.

And Exodus doesn't like Mr Sinister or any of the other villainous characters but that doesn't mean he is gonna sit on a council with nothing but X-Men and be overruled and outvoted in every single decision before a meeting has even begun.

Attachment 138493

Every single meeting would just be like this. They only found people like Exodus and Apolocalypse who were willing to try out the Krakoa experiment in good faith because the X-Men were willing to work on an even keel with these non X-Men mutant group despite their past in the first place. If one side stacks the deck to make sure they have an invincible power block in their system of government where only the ones they trust can get their decisions through, the other side won't play ball for very long.
    and why not try?

Why not quit the supremacist angle? and more integration ? why no fund the Avengers ?

Cleary Apoccy and Exodus are not betrayous piece of .... but you can Kick the Selenes, the Shaws , even the Destinys and Mystiques (but i suspect they will wash them)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    and why not try?

Why not quit the supremacist angle? and more integration ? why no fund the Avengers ?

Cleary Apoccy and Exodus are not betrayous piece of .... but you can Kick the Selenes, the Shaws , even the Destinys and Mystiques (but i suspect they will wash them)
    Cause of the death toll when something goes wrong? All these terror groups that target mutants specifically can find every mutant on one island and with gates now open to everyone that island can be accessed by everyone from everywhere. It's a nightmare security wise. Krakoa had a great deterrent initially with a leading council filled with big villain names that are capable of doing just about anything in retaliation and a Xavier acting like he has totally embraced mutant essentialism. But Orchis has exposed all that for the empty bluff that it always was. If you managed to make it through of Fall of X, why go back to a thoroughly neutered Krakoa and just hope all your myriad enemies will inexplicably leave you alone of their own volition this time?

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Cause of the death toll when something goes wrong? All these terror groups that target mutants specifically can find every mutant on one island and with gates now open to everyone that island can be accessed by everyone from everywhere. It's a nightmare security wise. Krakoa had a great deterrent initially with a leading council filled with big villain names that are capable of doing just about anything in retaliation and a Xavier acting like he has totally embraced mutant essentialism. But Orchis has exposed all that for the empty bluff that it always was. If you managed to make it through of Fall of X, why go back to a thoroughly neutered Krakoa and just hope all your myriad enemies will inexplicably leave you alone of their own volition this time?
    This is what Namor was saying to Xavier back in HOXPOX. "Come back to me when you're not bluffing."

If this story trajectory doesn't sell after the initial buzz wears off, X-Office could pivot that way, (Atlantis as Krakoa 2.0) to try and lure back any Krakoa-fans that still exist in 2026 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    This is what Namor was saying to Xavier back in HOXPOX. "Come back to me when you're not bluffing."

If this story trajectory doesn't sell after the initial buzz wears off, X-Office could pivot that way, (Atlantis as Krakoa 2.0) to try and lure back any Krakoa-fans that still exist in 2026 or so.
    And we Will exist

Krakoa is forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well there are two Krakoas, right? One on the run with Juggernaut, the other in the White Hot Room.
    If one dies, does the other live on?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh good, the idea that all mutants are basically equally responsible and in agreement w/Magneto's intentionally inflammatory rhetoric is ratified by the new editor of the line, just what I was hoping for. All the mutants of the world DID act that way, yup, it definitely wasn't just some mutants under a handful of specific writers' pens who said stuff like that in the interest of generating controversy.....nope, Ayala, Ewing, LaValle, Foxe and others' casts were definitely all mutant supremacists, just like the bad faith takes all era claimed.

Sigh.
    Exactatiously. Brevoort's interpretation there tells me all I need to know about what they thought of the Krakoan Era and why they're making the backward steps decisions we see.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Not sure how much we should read into that; it's not a quote from one of the interviewees, but the site itself hyping things up.
    Yupp. I found some of the site statements a little sketchy...Magneto hasn't been a villain throughout the entire of the Krakoa Era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, I mean, the nuanced take here might've been to acknowledge that the criticism isn't actually 'how dare humans react badly to mutants telling them we're your new gods now' but instead is 'hey can we stop acting like this was a thing the average mutant was running around doing instead of Magneto being Magneto while readers - and now apparently Marvel humans - reference his dialogue as though every other mutant might as well have been cosigning it.'

(Dialogue, which, for the record, Magneto - the guy with the ACTUAL decades-spanning history of pushing mutant supremacist ideas - very definitively recanted as he full on stated "I get now that I was wrong, and I've been doing things wrong for years" and has subsequently vowed to shift his whole approach and methodology to be protective of everyone in need of help, human as well as mutant. But why would "funny how in all the discourse about mutants all being supremacists this era, it never comes up that this era had the most infamous mutant supremacist pull a 180" have a place in nuanced convos here lol).

Not trying to pick a fight with you in particular Jackraow21 as my frustration is with the larger conversations across all social media, this whole era - but its just kinda....bothersome to have people call out a lack of nuance while simultaneously ignoring the nuances that some of us are TRYING to center in the conversations only to have them continuously ignored.
    Actually we don't know much about what the average mutant thinks. The population of 250.000 mutants of Krakoa might as well not existed. A good portion of QC was run by former villains, terrorists etc. no one cared about it until it bit mutantkind in the backside. There were no elections aside from who would get to be sidelined in X-men. Only QC members got to decide who can join and who can't. Mr. "Survival of the Fittest" went to World Economic Forum and bragged about causing the bronze age collapse and literally no one told him "the **** you think you're doing". Hell, the optics of him being there is hilarious. The citizens of Krakoa either doesn't care about domestic and worldwide politics at all or they don't give 2 ***** about who runs their country as long as they get to have beach parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I am sad.
    We've been denied a proper close to this era.
    The Marvel Unlimited stories have been doing all the heavy lifting, and access to those stories feels classist.
    Putting that tragedy aside, there was so much more to explore with Krakoa and Arakko and their relationships with each other and their respective neighbors.
    The incredible potential that was on the horizon: Exploring mutant magic, new Quite Council leadership and initiatives, Forge's brighter future, etc: All Lost.
    What could Arakko become within the greater cosmic Marvel Universe? What about an evolution of the Uncanny Avengers?

I'm not mad at anyone. I'm just disappointed.
    For me.
    I wish there was more.
    I'm sad too. I feel a lot of different things.

As has been accurately pointed out the mutants have already been through the ringer since before the Gala. I'm struggling to wrap my head around the idea that though it seems Orchis will lose the war, mutants are still in bad shape in the new era. I wouldn't blame some of the X-Men if they decided they don't want to "do this" anymore. Gail mentioned in her thread, "Also, due to story elements, a LOT of the X-men are not picking up the phone when another mutant calls." I do think this is interesting but I can't deny that all of this feels very heavy and kinda depressing.
    Last edited by JB; 03-26-2024 at 10:19 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm sad too. I feel a lot of different things.

As has been accurately pointed out the mutants have already been through the ringer since before the Gala. I'm struggling to wrap my head around the idea that though it seems Orchis will lose the war, mutants are still in bad shape in the new era. I wouldn't blame some of the X-Men if they decided they. don't want to "do this" anymore. Gail mentioned in her thread, "Also, due to story elements, a LOT of the X-men are not picking up the phone when another mutant calls." I do think this is interesting but I can't deny that all of this feels very heavy and kinda depressing.
    Its like

Why the F word the X-men has to be grim and dark and always suffering.

The 80's and 90's Avengers were boring and very Justice Leaguey until Bendis ""Reboot them"" but they change.

Why Krakoa cant be the New Mansion "Oh no Krakoa will be blow up, oopsie nevermind we can get the island back" we lived that way 60 years. why not 60 years of threesome island

I still can't believe we're going from 'mutants mine the multiverse for mysterium' to 'Gambit goes back to the bayou'. Even if this is to lay the MCU groundwork for hated and feared mutants as opposed to mutant gods, this is a huge step backwards, and this dumbing down of the X-Men makes me sad.

Want to do something truly novel that'll still keep the 'hated and feared' angle but not have the 616 seem like a death camp dimension for mutants? A Mutant Rights Act. Have the UN-aligned world governments declare that mutant discrimination is illegal, that mutants have the same rights as humans and mutates, and take steps to actively integrate mutants into society. As an allegory for real world minorities, that's more powerful than 'cure, exterminate, repeat'. That won't completely stop bad things from happening to mutants but at least it would be tangible evidence that the dream of coexistence isn't completely a one-sided delusion, and give some sense to the otherwise insensible choice for mutants to stay on Earth while Arrako and other worlds are options. Mutants stay on Earth because they want to, because there are genuine signs of things getting better for them there... however incremental. Otherwise there's zero reason for mutants to lift a finger or tail to help billions of bigoted or apathetic humans in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Its like

The 80's and 90's Avengers were boring and very Justice Leaguey until Bendis ""Reboot them"" but they change.

Why Krakoa cant be the New Mansion "Oh no Krakoa will be blow up, oopsie nevermind we can get the island back" we lived that way 60 years. why not 60 years of threesome island
    Because X-Men =/= all of mutant kind, Krakoa is a status quo dozens of writers over a whole bunch of ongoings, minis and events need to adhere too, it's really not the same as deciding which building the Avengers or X-Men are based out of this year.

Its like

Actually The Avengers didn't become like The Justice League until Bendis who added Spider-Man and Wolverine to the team. Also Avengers had Busiek and George Legend Perez working on the book and making it one of Marvel's most popular titles only beaten by the X-titles back when being an X-books were true juggernauts. it's wild now the Busiek/Perez run has become underrated.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

On the bright side I'm sure we'll get a "Return to Krakoa" nostalgia era in 10-20 years.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    On the bright side I'm sure we'll get a "Return to Krakoa" nostalgia era in 10-20 years.
    i hope in 1 year or 6 months!

I dont hate the writters the art team. i hate the Krakoa Exit. is necesary to be that violent and sad?

for a bit Mutankind was "safe" to their standards and united.

Gosh i hate Selene Shaw and in some degree Sinister.