Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm curious now if this will be ignored. If Magneto's journey through death and the perspective it granted him will be as if it never happened. I surely hope not.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

People are overreacting to the most vanilla quotes with zero context and vague answers.

If anything, I expected something better from the interview in terms of nuance, but I guess Marvel doesn't want to talk about specifics yet. Which also means folks should relax and take it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    People are overreacting to the most vanilla quotes with zero context and vague answers.

If anything, I expected something better from the interview in terms of nuance, but I guess Marvel doesn't want to talk about specifics yet. Which also means folks should relax and take it easy.
    It was pretty light on information for being a tease even. Hardly anything to get either excited or upset about, just something that will quickly fade from my memory.

Astonishing Member

I mean, I know I cited the specific quote that I take issue with and provided my reasoning for why. If the editor's own words aren't considered substantive enough to be worth having an opinion on, personally, I have no idea what WOULD qualify, but hey. *shrugs*

Part of the problem for me is that by the time the new era launches, we'll have spent a year with mutants being "hated and feared like never before". Like, the X-Men were forced to live in a sewer. That's how bad it was. And now the hook for the new era is...mutants are hated and feared like never before. That's not a new direction. That's the current direction.

It's just so weird to me how we actually lost Krakoa. Chuck forced everyone through the gates and that was that. There's still a few issues left, so I guess it's possible all the mutants will come back to have one final battle on the island against Nimrod or something, but as of now Krakoa is still empty and it's consciousness? is running around with Juggs in Arizona or something.

The moment Hickman was gone, Krakoa was over. In fact it was over before he left, because he designed it to end. At least we got Lord Ewing's amazing run out of all this. This team is just a short term filler. Now that Disney sees the X-Men's potential again, we should get a better creative team soon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The moment Hickman was gone, Krakoa was over. In fact it was over before he left, because he designed it to end. At least we got Lord Ewing's amazing run out of all this. This team is just a short term filler. Now that Disney sees the X-Men's potential again, we should get a better creative team soon.
    One can dream my friend, one can dream. I honestly see this editorial team lasting for 4 years.

Perhaps that is wishful thinking on my part, but if these books don't sell well, I doubt the writers will get a 4 year pass. Only time will tell, I suppose.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You never know...

Creators have wound up knocking the cover off with less promising premises than these.

That said, I don't really plan on getting my hopes up.

Man really?? Hickman couldn’t move one to act 2 for the utter ish thats duggan and gillens sinisterfest and now we we getting gold and blue era again? The ish that was x-men reloaded after morrison left ? Good job marvel sigh…

Ooo and we still acting like the messiah era didn’t exist when that was one of the best x-men era’s.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I do wish that this sounded like something that I will care even one little bit about.

It doesn't.
    sam for me. So far, I will take a break from reading X-Men comics. It sounds all so anticlimactic after Krakoa. No idea why they have to give up on Krakoa—or being a team and a family—only because humans like Mr. Sinister and Orchis have destroyed Krakoa from within and from outside. Kill all the Sinister's and go back to Krakoa...

I feel like Krakoa was treading water these past couple of years and was honestly pretty bored with it. Doesn’t sound like they’re erasing it or “throwing the baby out with the bath water” so I’m interested to see how it’s addressed as the mutants re-integrate with the broader world. Also wondering what might remain as a fixture in the broader Marvel U (e.g., Apocalypse and family living on Planet Arakko, which sounds like is happening from the Heir of Apocalypse solicits and why he needs to choose an heir on Earth).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Uncanny x-men is starting to sound more and more like a bait and switch from what was advertised to me. It sounds like the book will most likely to be focussed on gambit and rogue and the four new characters introduced. Jubilee, wolverine and Nightcrawler appear like an afterthought, supporting cast for the real team.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Krakoa was not perfect but we still ate in a great restaurant throughout its years, in July Brevoort is preparing to make us eat McDonald's to reheat in the microwave.
    I always thought of Krakoa as just an okay restaurant in a great location
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well many here wanted the Krakoa era to end, they wished for it, they demanded it. Now this is what we get.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================