Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wasn't her very first story-even her first *page* even-have her report directly to Khruschev?
    Sliding timescale might explain that.

But I do recall reading something in the index of the obscure where she was treated as the last surviving member of the Czar family. Though that doesn't seem to have gotten much play of late.

And I do recall Brubaker writing a scene with her and Winter Soldier where they get the infinity formula.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Yeah this issue was the first time I seen her with the Widow symbiote.

Ugh... kinda sucks that Marvel hopped aboard the clone train and treating them as if the dead characters actually came back. Did they not learn anything from the Spider-Man clone saga where the whole deal was making sure Peter Parker knew he was the real deal?

It seems to me that Black Widow, Miss Marvel and who-knows-how-many mutants are now dead and it's just carbon copies that think they're the original running around. Hopefully sometime down the line some other crossover event or time travel shenanigans fixes this and brings the original back. Hell, call it Clone Wars, the originals come back and have to duke it out with their clones.
    Well, Storm has been a clone for decades and no one even mentions it anymore. Professor X, too (though, frankly, after the Red Skull took his brain, I'm not sure what he is. Haven't really been reading the X-books).
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Well, Storm has been a clone for decades and no one even mentions it anymore. Professor X, too (though, frankly, after the Red Skull took his brain, I'm not sure what he is. Haven't really been reading the X-books).
    When did Storm become a clone?

Oh yeah, the Brood saga (around 165 and 166)-basically she uses stellar weather to keep herself from turning into a Brood, the process kills her but one of the space whales the Brood use as starships rescue her mind (and possibly body?).

Although I'm not sure if it's a new body or the old one going through some very extensive healing. While she heals or forms, Storm also briefly has an astral form of her various incarnations up to that point, including the vampire version!

It's one of the events that led to Mohawk storm as well.

Same thing basically happen later with Professor X except he was a Queen.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-03-2024 at 08:15 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

How did Xavier get his body back after Red Skull was running around with his brain during the AXIS story?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

In She-Hulk 3 (Slott's run) there was a case with a ghost, and a lawyer dismissed the idea of people coming back from the dead. The Thing pointed many superheroes and villains who died and came back, but he said that all those are superhumans, not regular people. She-Hulk then reminded them about the snap, that killed half of the people in the universe, including half the people of Earth (superhuman or not). In fact, that included several people on the jury... even the defense lawyer that I mentioned.

How did Xavier get his body back after Red Skull was running around with his brain during the AXIS story?
    Initially, he didn't - he was in the Astral Plane and ended up taking over Fantomex's body. He got his own body back off panel before the start of House of X, so presumably was the first one to benefit from the Resurrection Protocols.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    In She-Hulk 3 (Slott's run) there was a case with a ghost, and a lawyer dismissed the idea of people coming back from the dead. The Thing pointed many superheroes and villains who died and came back, but he said that all those are superhumans, not regular people. She-Hulk then reminded them about the snap, that killed half of the people in the universe, including half the people of Earth (superhuman or not). In fact, that included several people on the jury... even the defense lawyer that I mentioned.
    Ewing's Immortal She-Hulk one shot also dealt with She-Hulk's deaths and resurrections.

I guess you can count Secret Wars pretty much killing everyone on Earth 616 and the Ultimate Universe not on the two escape vehicles, with Doom/Strange or outside the universe like Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Initially, he didn't - he was in the Astral Plane and ended up taking over Fantomex's body. He got his own body back off panel before the start of House of X, so presumably was the first one to benefit from the Resurrection Protocols.
    Actually, according to early Krakoa era interviews, Xavier was still in Fantomex’s body in the HoX/PoX story and only got his original body back after he was assassinated at the start of X-Force via the Resurrection Protocols.

Astonishing Member

I remember Peter Parker dying in Ock's body.

Also post Secret Wars, the Eighth Cosmos replaced the destroyed Seventh Cosmos. The Eighth Cosmos is a recreation of the Seventh Cosmos, with minor differences. So most but not all could be copies of copies.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Thats nuts!

It’d be interesting if celestial entities came down and went after all these clones/clone makers, as they’re tapping into the afterlife and the souls resting there.

Kind of like the episode of Quantum Leap where the Devil went after Sam for putting right what he had put wrong. It was cool to see the unintended spiritual ramifications of the science.
    The afterlife is a lie. Always has been.

Avengers Unity Squad captured Red Skull and took back the brain and had it destroyed.

Xavier's mind came back thanks to the Shadow King. Xavier then lived in Fantomex's body and recreated a new body for himself.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 04-10-2024 at 04:39 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I remember Peter Parker dying in Ock's body.

Also post Secret Wars, the Eighth Cosmos replaced the destroyed Seventh Cosmos. The Eighth Cosmos is a recreation of the Seventh Cosmos, with minor differences. So most but not all could be copies of copies.
    What's even more iffy, I think when Doc transferred his mind from the Living Brain to his clone in Dead No More, the clone had a copy of Peter's consciousness in it!

I actually like that they stuck with this. Her death in SE was pretty big of a moment and this gives them opportunity down the line to explore what the ramifications could be.

BTW was BW and Hawkeye good? I still need to catch up on the venom stuff to see her get the symbiote but im reeling from the loss of the Thompson run

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sliding timescale might explain that.

But I do recall reading something in the index of the obscure where she was treated as the last surviving member of the Czar family. Though that doesn't seem to have gotten much play of late.
    Ivan used to refer to her as Tzarina or Czarina -- implying she was a descendant of the late Czar/Tzar -- Nicholas.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Ivan used to refer to her as Tzarina or Czarina -- implying she was a descendant of the late Czar/Tzar -- Nicholas.
    Oh yeah... Romanov.... yeah... that was a weird idea... Also it's not her father's name? enh?