Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers in Marvel?
    ^^^No, but if that’s what you took from the idea, that’s cool.

Yes and no.
    Is she a clone? Yes.
    Is Marvel ignoring this? Also yes
    Is Marvel right to ignore her death? Yes
    Will her being a clone come back at some point?
    Hope not
    We are happy as we are
    Thunderbolts 002 (2024) 00022.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    I know, it raises too many questions, especially in a comic book world where gods, devils and various forms of the afterlife exist. Kamala is for all intents and purposes dead, and this is a copy running around that thinks it's the original. The real Kamala is dead and buried.

I'd like to see the Kamala clone break out and feel she wants to be her own person rather than being forced to live up to the expectations of the person she was copied from, just in time to bring back the real Kamala through comic book shenanigans.
    Funny thing is, she kind of already has another dupe out there. Remember her Stormranger nanosuit? It became it's own person, and was even meant to get her own mini as an Empyre tie-in until COVID put the kibosh on it. She hasn't appeared since.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    We are happy as we are
    ^^^”We”?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^”We”?
    reminds me of that famous "we are Venom" quote

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    reminds me of that famous "we are Venom" quote
    ^^^Ha!

I almost went w. the classic Tonto Line Ranger joke but, I figured that might not go over well here.

Astonishing Member

Yea I'm not thrilled that she's a clone/real Natasha. Same with all those x-characters. Marvel stated they were resurrected but in reality, they are clones.

Astonishing Member

For the X-Men, they're clones body wise but not spiritually.

Captain America had something weird during Hyrda Cap arc. And later on, he was resurrected too.

Fantastic Member

This is actually a pretty big deal, given 5 decades of the frenzied Ben Reilly / Peter Parker identity dynamic. Agonizing years were spent scrutinizing who was 'the real deal.'

Regarding Krakoa, when did inserting backup memories into a DNA-grown husk become the same as the original soul died, "went to Heaven" and is now alive and well? Is that what we are now being told to accept or are all the X-Men just basically computer file duplicates?

I recall Professor X's body since 1983 has been a clone (post Brood possession) but it was always positioned as 'the Real Xavier'.

Are brainwaves the same as soul? Is Peter Parker post Superior Doc Ock the real deal? Vision?

Don't get me started on the Clone Conspiracy situation where literally 25 deceased Spider-Man characters came back as clones but were presented as the real characters - not backups or dupes - because ... science.

Fandom Wikia - which isn't Marvel official, but does a really solid job - currently lists Black Widow as being the original that debuted in 1964 despite now also being acknowledged as being a clone from 2018 on. Ugh.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Was Cap resurrected at Krakoa? Is the real Cap dead too?
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Yeah, the whole Black Widow clone thing is still up in the air. They never really cleared it up, so we're left guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Fandom Wikia - which isn't Marvel official, but does a really solid job - currently lists Black Widow as being the original that debuted in 1964 despite now also being acknowledged as being a clone from 2018 on. Ugh.
    Same for all the X-Men, except for outliers like Talon of course. And except for Namorita for some reason, who was resurrected via time displacement but is also treated as the original in the comics.

DC's Fandom wiki gets that stuff all wrong - treating returning pre-Flashpoint characters as new Prime Earth characters instead of continuations of the New Earth ones, despite the comics making it clear that Doctor Manhattan altered things and New Earth and Prime Earth are one and the same (only a few characters really are separate, like Shazam). In most cases those pages really should be merged into a new one labelled Earth-0.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

I do feel the X-Men are clones in every which way, they just think they are due to implanted memories. Laura kinda proves the point. If they were really transplanting souls into the clone bodies, it would have been impossible to create a Laura clone while she was still alive. Sure, they can recreate her body but there should have been some sort of thing like 'we can't locate her soul, that means she must still be alive somewhere' or something of the sort. Similar to DBZ when they wished all the souls that died on Namek to be on Earth but they couldn't do so to Goku because it turned out he was still alive.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

The X Factor comic tried to reduce thd risk of this. If a mutant "died" in unclear circumstances, they had to do the detective work to confirm the death before the resurrection was initiated.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The X Factor comic tried to reduce thd risk of this. If a mutant "died" in unclear circumstances, they had to do the detective work to confirm the death before the resurrection was initiated.
    I heard of that, but still. If it really is the same soul and not just xerox-copied memories, it should be impossible to make a 'resurrection clone' without one. At most they'd create an insane soulless creature that looks like the person they were trying to resurrect.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/