Extraordinary Member

Default Joker: The World

This September, The Joker takes his unique brand of madness and mayhem on a world tour, as DC today announced plans to publish Joker: The World, a 184-page hardcover anthology.

Like DC’s bestselling and critically acclaimed Batman: The World, this can’t-miss anthology will feature Joker stories by creative teams representing 13 different countries, including renowned storytellers such as Geoff Johns, Satoshi Miyagawa, David Rubin, German Peralta, Alvaro Fong Varela, Jason Fabok, and others. With stories tailored to the authentic style, tone, and cultural sensibilities of different nations around the world, Joker: The World highlights how DC’s most popular super-villain has inspired chaos on a global scale.

Joker: The World arrives at participating comic book shops, booksellers, and mass-market retailers/e-tailers Tuesday, September 17, and will also release the same day in the following countries: Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, Czech Republic, Turkey, Japan, Korea, Cameroon, Poland, and Argentina.

What does The Joker do when on holiday in Spain? How has he inspired others to follow in his footsteps, creating Joker duplicates in Germany and Turkey? How does a Joker in Cameroon find inspiration? Only the top writers and artists from each country can provide the answers, in unique stories celebrating one of the most compelling characters in pop culture.

do you ever just wanna Joker the world
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

It reminds me of the league of Jokers from Batman Inc.

Seems like that'll be too expensive for my blood.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Is this some kind of joke?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Is this some kind of joke?
    No, it's just a quasi sequel to Batman: The World which had the same concept: Batman stories by a mix of international talent and DC superstars.

I mean, I'm not particularly interested as I'm still Jokered out, but the concept itself isn't bad.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    No, it's just a quasi sequel to Batman: The World which had the same concept: Batman stories by a mix of international talent and DC superstars.

I mean, I'm not particularly interested as I'm still Jokered out, but the concept itself isn't bad.
    ^^^Good deal, thank you!

Can't wait for Robin: The World, Catwoman: The World, Batgirl: The World, and Alfred: The World .