Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Future of the Lost Children (New Golden Age)

Jeremy Adams is working on a new DC Project featuring Quiz Kid, who makes up 1/9 of the newly introduced Lost Children (or Young Justice Society). Is there a possibility of the other characters being used in future DC projects post-Johns JSA or will they fade like so many other attempts at legacy Characters?

Only DC know ��. I really want to see them all, but..

They will probably fade away. There are already so many young characters in limbo that creating even more only makes things worse.
    I expect only Judy to continue to appear in a few years, but she’s also pretty redundant. Some of the other kids are a bit more unique, but they’re not as connected to established heroes.
    I guess maybe Quiz Kid has a chance of sticking around if Adams’ book is really really successful.

Amazing Member

Some of the pairings we've seen for them, like Dyna-Mite, Ladybug, and Cherry Bomb with Damage and the Freedom Fighters, don't make much sense to me. Those characters barely get any use themselves, and if anyone decides to bring them out again I can't imagine they'd want the baggage of a time-displaced kid sidekick.

Judy and Quiz Kid seem like they've got a better chance, even if they're a bit redundant with all the Flash kids and Fairplay, and Salem has had a reasonable role in JSA itself. I don't read the Superman books, does John Henry Jr. have any chance of showing up alongside Steel?

I like (some of) the characters, so I hope they show up here and there.

I suspect the ending of that mini-series was supposed to springboard Courtney leading them as a sort of junior JSA like in the TV show, but nobody seems to have done anything with that yet.

Astonishing Member

I suspect these were Geoff Johns characters and most will fade into Limbo or wind up as cannon fodder for the next cross=over once he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I suspect the ending of that mini-series was supposed to springboard Courtney leading them as a sort of junior JSA like in the TV show, but nobody seems to have done anything with that yet.
    ^^^The JSA having a Titan-esque splinter team has never really stuck the landing, for me anyway; Young All-Stars lost steam really quick, and Infinity Inc. seemed cheesy to me even as a kid.

Still, the JSA’s strong history of line ups mixing multiple generations means one or two of these characters could show up when least expected.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love most of the Lost Children. Out of all of them, the ones that I'd most like to see stick around and have new stories are:

Air Wave
    The Bomb
    Cherry Bomb
    Quiz Kid
    Salem The Witch Girl
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Considering how regularly they just abandon the JSA themselves, I'm fairly positive the bulk of their sidekicks will be quietly forgotten or just in the background of event group shots.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They will probably fade away. There are already so many young characters in limbo that creating even more only makes things worse.
    I expect only Judy to continue to appear in a few years, but she’s also pretty redundant. Some of the other kids are a bit more unique, but they’re not as connected to established heroes.
    I guess maybe Quiz Kid has a chance of sticking around if Adams’ book is really really successful.
    Pretty much agree. Judy has the benefit of being connected to Jay (even though he's not used much as well). Whatever project Adams' is currently working on has to be mega successful for a niche character like Quiz Kid to last. I don't think two derivative versions of the second Mister Terrific will last.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    Some of the pairings we've seen for them, like Dyna-Mite, Ladybug, and Cherry Bomb with Damage and the Freedom Fighters, don't make much sense to me. Those characters barely get any use themselves, and if anyone decides to bring them out again I can't imagine they'd want the baggage of a time-displaced kid sidekick.

Putting the sidekicks with the Freedom Fighters was basically putting them in the trash. No one even uses the Freedom Fighters.

Judy and Quiz Kid seem like they've got a better chance, even if they're a bit redundant with all the Flash kids and Fairplay, and Salem has had a reasonable role in JSA itself. I don't read the Superman books, does John Henry Jr. have any chance of showing up alongside Steel?
    Doubt John Henry Jr. will show up in Superman related books, Natasha is basically his partner in heroics already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I suspect these were Geoff Johns characters and most will fade into Limbo or wind up as cannon fodder for the next cross=over once he's gone.
    That's my prediction as well, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^The JSA having a Titan-esque splinter team has never really stuck the landing, for me anyway; Young All-Stars lost steam really quick, and Infinity Inc. seemed cheesy to me even as a kid.
    I actually liked Infinity Inc before COIE, they were a pretty fun team and it was nice to see Sylvester Pemberton in a leadership role. There was no point in the team after COIE since the JSA was more accepting of their young members. I don't think the JSA needs multiple spin off teams either.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Considering how regularly they just abandon the JSA themselves, I'm fairly positive the bulk of their sidekicks will be quietly forgotten or just in the background of event group shots.
    They'll be in a splash page that mentions the New Golden Age at least.

Incredible Member

Best some could hope for is being aged up to take over some of the Golden Age mantles and then fade away until DC needs bodies

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Pretty much agree. Judy has the benefit of being connected to Jay (even though he's not used much as well). Whatever project Adams' is currently working on has to be mega successful for a niche character like Quiz Kid to last. I don't think two derivative versions of the second Mister Terrific will last.

I actually liked Infinity Inc before COIE, they were a pretty fun team and it was nice to see Sylvester Pemberton in a leadership role. There was no point in the team after COIE since the JSA was more accepting of their young members. I don't think the JSA needs multiple spin off teams either.
    Infinity Inc's premise was redundant post-Crisis, that's true. They were basically the Earth-2 equivalent of the New Teen Titans.

Quiz Kid and Fair Play seem to be being used as a double act. Mr Terrific is in the Flash supporting cast, so like Judy, they have a chance of sticking around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't think any character or team is reduntand If have a good creative team..JSA is the JLA of earth 2..but everyone love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quiz Kid and Fair Play seem to be being used as a double act. Mr Terrific is in the Flash supporting cast, so like Judy, they have a chance of sticking around.
    I have thoughts about Michael having his son alive, but disregarding my feeling for the character; I do not think two Mister Terrific juniors is going to pan out well. Mister Terrific doesn't get much himself outside of the Flash title (Which neither characters have show up in Spurrier's run) and he's just now getting used in Johns' JSA story.