Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I am okay with Logan taking a bit a backseat until he eventually gets a good moment.

But by God please can they yap it with the Jean obsession, like every time Scott and Jean/Maddie have a moment there's Logan looking at them like a sad loser puppy. Like if Logan actually tries to make a move on Jean now, that is borderline sleazy considering the woman is undoubtably in a seriously fragile emotional space and isn't ready for relationships.

Logan my guy, there are other woman in the world, obsessively holding a torch to one chick even when she's married isn't healthy. Like Storm is right there..... well used to be, when she comes back maybe take her out for drinks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Why did Maddie's powers become pink when she and Scott were fighting Sinister?
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Because anime logic.
    Nope, I think that they choose colorization difference for their powers. For example, the Goblin Queen was using telekinesis when she pinned down Siniter to the wall, so I think the hot pink is colourization for her telekinetic powers and the light blue one for her telepathy, because when she uses telepathy, the real Jean that is, we can see clearly that it is depicted as light blue. I might have misseen but I think that pink and blue are both used when she took control over that Phoenix attack under her control and toss it to the Earth in the background in the Astral plane.

So yeah, Pink for TK and blue for TP, most likely. Almost 100% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Yep. I remember that, at least the gist of it, because TAS Cable was awesome, and it had one of the best action scenes in the show.

For my fanboyism on Sailor Moon, I honestly didn't see that at all until several people pointed that out! Well, I still barely see it but sure it could have been the inspiration.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    For my fanboyism on Sailor Moon, I honestly didn't see that at all until several people pointed that out! Well, I still barely see it but sure it could have been the inspiration.
    I'm sure someone will do a side-by comparison any day now, but as a Sailor Moon fan it was pretty clear to me it was a full-on homage - the head tilt and the hand gestures Maddie does are pretty much the same Usagi does when transforming.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I think it is so damn hilarious that Jean is really literally taking a nap during EVERY single mission. ;-)

Woman is on fire. **** that productivity BS! Omega level mutant put she does not do anything above her pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't know what is wrong with me, but I think it is so damn hilarious that Jean is really literally taking a nap during EVERY single mission. ;-)

Woman is on fire. **** that productivity BS! Omega level mutant put she does not do anything above her pay grade.
    Relax, she did quite a few Omega level threats here as well, returning back the mansion to normal state and beating Maddie in the Astral plane and on top of that, she is back for the first time, so in the next episodes we will see more of her that's for sure. Clearly, they've moved from the fainting Jean after every little thing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Relax, she did quite a few Omega level threats here as well, returning back the mansion to normal state and beating Maddie in the Astral plane and on top of that, she is back for the first time, so in the next episodes we will see more of her that's for sure. Clearly, they've moved from the fainting Jean after every little thing.
    But not before a couple more faints LOL

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

We first met Forge in the future timeline with Bishop in season 1, where he was greying a good bit, and depicted as old or older than Logan(who had not yet been given the extreme backstory yet, and he ages somewhat similar to his peers on the team, as we see by his appearance relative to them in DOFP to begin with), compared to the young and strong Bishop. I think they just kept the same VA when they introduced Forge in the present timeline, in that Iceman/X-Force episode.

So their modern day Forge was being voiced by a guy they cast for sounding like an older guy to begin with. Mark Strange, evidently, who was about 50/51 when they recorded season 1, looks like the Iceman episode came out in 1995.

Forge's age in the comics has always been somewhat unclear. I mean, he was introduced in 1984 as a Vietnam War vet, so he'd have been a decade after his war, let's say he was in his teens or early 20's when he enlisted, deployed a few years later, at best, we're talking maybe 35 years old, a few years younger than Xavier(who was really only like 35/40 then in a brand new cloned body) who was a Korean War vet(back when these dates almost kinda made sense).

So Forge/Banshee/Xavier/Emma were all the same age of 35/40 or so, but the X-Men were like 25ish for Scott/Jean/Angel/Beast/Storm, or younger 20's like Nightcrawler, Iceman, Havok, Polaris, and then there were tons of the teens Piotr/Rogue/Kitty/Rachel/the New Mutants/Jubilee/etc. By the time the 90's were wrapping up, Xavier, Forge and Banshee got interpreted as even older men, while Emma shifted even younger, so much so that by the time the Morrison(who ages Charles precisely at 41) era wraps up, somehow Emma is actually younger than Scott and Jean?! But especially after 60 year old Patrick Steward was cast as Xavier in '99/2000, who now is more "grandfatherly", not, "fathered a 17 year old(Legion) right out of college during my gap year" old, like he was in the canon.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear a new voice for Forge.... Gil Birmingham, who appears to be an actual native American from Texas, who also has a degree in engineering before getting into acting, so By the Goddess, he's basically Forge incarnate!

Interestingly he's about the same age as Alison, only a few years older than her, which should give their characters good chemistry, and I like that his age is not too drastically greater than Ororo's in this series(despite both voice actors being quite older than their characters are depicted, and actually older than Forge's VA in TAS, relatively, based on recording date).

(Also interesting to note that Magneto's new VA is much younger than Rogue's).

Anyways, I'm very curious to see how LifeDeath(and LifeDeathII, even though M'Jnari is already in the TAS canon?) is adapted. I mean, they kinda have to do some version of the Adversary's Fall of the Mutants storyline to give her her powers back in a faithful or at least referential manner, which they have been doing so far with other canon. After how they handled all the Inferno/X-Factor stuff in one episode, I'm confident they found a way, but I look forward to seeing the precise composition they go with.

thanks for the clarification… idky i thought he had some gray hair in present timeline… but yes his voice was so smooth and the accent was cool
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I am okay with Logan taking a bit a backseat

glad he’s not a main character i hope it continues until infinity
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I just wanna see Logan actually STAB people in the cartoon. I'm surprised he hasn't bled yet!
    Was Maddie bleeding after getting an optic blast the first time blood was shed even in the original series? It kinda shocked me when I saw that

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was Maddie bleeding after getting an optic blast the first time blood was shed even in the original series? It kinda shocked me when I saw that
    Very well possible. I need to re-watch as so much was going on. I was shocked to see Jubilee’s powers in slo-mo. When she blasted the tv monster the first time, her powers sawed its head clean in half so you could see blood splatter and the creature’s inner brains. The second time- her powers literally blew up the monster’s head from the inside-out. Super gory and freaking awesome!

Astonishing Member

In the season finale of season season 1 of TAS, Magneto had blood on him after being attacked by plastic Sentinels.

It's been confirmed that Jean transmuted Maddie’s Goblin Force energy into little Phoenixes. The way Beau is gradually underscoring her power and mythos. 🤌🏻
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

And the way Maddie smears the blood over her lip like lipstick!

I just wanna see Logan actually STAB people in the cartoon. I'm surprised he hasn't bled yet!
    He even said "heck" instead of "hell."
    I forget, did one of the security guards from episode 2 have blood coming out when they got shot?

Give it time, it's coming In one of the trailers you can see pissed off Logan shredding someone, but it was a split second hard to miss shot. You can see Gambit all bloodied up in a damaged white tuxedo too. The cool guys gonna have their moment... and then some.