Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

Wouldn't it be obvious when the switch occurred if the real Jean's memories stopped at some point? I mean she doesn't remember her pregnancy, right? So at what point do the real Jean's memories stop?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Wouldn't it be obvious when the switch occurred if the real Jean's memories stopped at some point? I mean she doesn't remember her pregnancy, right? So at what point do the real Jean's memories stop?
    It seems like she only fully recovered her memories by going through them in Madelyne's mind, so she has Madelyne's memories too now. Madelyne asks how much she remembers and Jean says "almost everything", which then Maddie replies "so you know how I wanted to leave", referring to her asking Scott to leave the X-Men to focus on their family. Jean doesn't object so I think we're supposed to take in that Maddie's right about that.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-31-2024 at 05:41 PM.

I gonna guess the switch happened shortly after the Dark Phoenix saga when Jean was recuperating and vulnerable enough for Sinister to take her. None of the other X-Men were around and Cyclops and Storm were too busy dealing with the Shi'ar and Starjammers. So like the comics(almost), I think the "Jean" Cyclops really married was Madelyne and is Cable's mom. I feel like if they're gonna have Cyclops marry Jean, it's has to be more than what was given in the original show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I gonna guess the switch happened shortly after the Dark Phoenix saga when Jean was recuperating and vulnerable enough for Sinister to take her. None of the other X-Men were around and Cyclops and Storm were too busy dealing with the Shi'ar and Starjammers. So like the comics(almost), I think the "Jean" Cyclops really married was Madelyne and is Cable's mom. I feel like if they're gonna have Cyclops marry Jean, it's has to be more than what was given in the original show.
    It only makes sense for the switch to have occured during a time when Jean was missing and that only happened 3 times in the original series.

1. Season 2 after their first wedding, Sinister kidnap Jean and Scott
    2. Season 3 after The Phoenix Saga where Jean disappears and his later found washed up on a rock
    3. Season 4 durin Beyond Good and Evil when Sinister kidnaps Jean

I think 1 can be ruled out. I dont see Jean having been a fake for the bulk of the series. I think this was what set up Sinister to create Maddie as he got Jean's DNA from this and really got him interested in creating a child from Scott and Jean after studyin their genetic potential

I think 2 can also be ruled out. In this scenario, Jean bonded with the PF. The PF isnt going to just jump from her to a clone and be returned confused.

3. It really only makes sense to have happened in the season 4 finale. There is enough time for it to have happened. She doesnt really appear much in Season 5 so there wouldnt be too many discrepancies with her. Someone pointed out that the memories that Maddie scanned in this epsode only went up through that wedding which tracks

The ONLY other time it could be would be sometime between the gap from the OG series and now but I think thats unlikely as the tie-in comic opens up with her already pregnant

Yeah, I'm assuming the switch happened during Beyond Good and Evil.