Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Wolverine sounds more similar to me than he did in trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I don't mind so much that Cyke didn't take Bishop's place in the future. Bishop's the one that knows who to ask and where to go. We can play this game and ask why didn't Maddie go instead of Bishop?

My bigger problem is, as you've pointed out, Cyke running away. I get it-- I understand '97 Cyke felt distraught by the thought of having to "abandon" his child, and it resonated with him deeply given his own situation. But I felt one of the defining characteristics / moments of (comics) Cyke was he'd still make the best choice, even when he knew it was the unpopular one or one that'd torment him. Making and executing the difficult choice was Cyke's schtick. So, yeah, I felt that scene wasn't true to Cyke's character as well.

All that aside, I'm really going to have to find time to rewatch TAS one day. I feel like I've mis-remebered or confused with the comics a lot of things. Weren't Bishop and Cable at odds some point?
    But Scott did make the choice to let Bishop take Nate. He was just visibly upset about it.

Spectacular Member

I am loving this, such great action. I feel like Rogue's voice has changed so much, she was great in the original cartoon, i feel like she has lost her nuance and it sounds a bit one note. I am not a fan of the new Jean voice, it sounds generic, her original voice had so much humanity and emotion in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wolverine sounds more similar to me than he did in trailers.
    I feel like his voice and Storm's sound almost too old. I know Logan is the same voice actor, which explains it because it's three decades later basically, but what about Storm?

Very interested in how the Gambit voice actor is going to sound as Cable, as they specifically wanted him to sound a bit younger than he did in the old series considering what we now know about his origin from this episode. Apparently he and Cyclops are going to get a big story arc this season, which makes sense.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Storm's actor is the OG version too, so she's also 30 years older.

Mr. Sinister's still got it! It's his OG version too. Might sound even better this time(I thought it was a different actor at first).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I dunno, in that IGN interview, Wolverine's voice actor did a line from the old show and sounded just like he did back in the day. I'm thinking it's more a tone they're going for the new show where they want Logan to sound more "gruff". Funny thing about Rogue's voice actor is she sounds just like Rogue when speaking in her normal voice. In the show where she actually trying to do the voice is where she sounds a lil' different, but not too much where it unrecognizable. Storm's voice I think sounds the same, but even more powerful this time around IMO. All in all, I think everybody's doing a great job on this show.

I love it when Maddie said: "I'm Jean Grey, member of the X-Men. One of the first!"

She said that with so much pride. lol

I’m still laughing at how Beast broke the news about Sinister being the one who cloned Maddie.

He basically told Scott “That girl in there is Sinister’s clone! GET YOUR DAMN KID!” LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean its still a Disney show and rated TV-14. They probably want to keep it there and not have it pushed up to Mature
    It also makes some sense as the technology in this world is a little different from the real world.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    I am loving this, such great action. I feel like Rogue's voice has changed so much, she was great in the original cartoon, i feel like she has lost her nuance and it sounds a bit one note. I am not a fan of the new Jean voice, it sounds generic, her original voice had so much humanity and emotion in it.
    I listened to a podcast recently where one of the hosts got to see the episodes at a con and he said she sounded closer to her original self there, so I think the difference sounds more to do with production messing around. Lenore also quit smoking in '97, so that might've had an effect.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Has anybody mentioned Jean/Maddie's vision that she had in the previous two episodes? Does anyone have an interpretation of that dream and how it will foreshadow coming storylines? Or did it already happen with the real Jean's appearance?

--jthree
    I am pretty sure that this is the time line in which Sentinels have taken over and Mastermold has killed first all the Omega's and then the rest of the X-men. I believe only Wolverine was the solo Survivor of the X-men and Forge. It is pretty much the same future we see in the OG TAS. Forgot the name of the episodes but pretty much Charles did travel somehow to the future and could walk with futuristic legs skeleton that acted like a supportive cage around each leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt take that as Jean having Maddie's memories. I took that as Jean's empathic side and knowing how she felt about things bc she was in her head
    No, that definitely did NOT happen. Jean legitimately restored most of her memories from Madelyn while she fought her and didn't harm her memories in the process. That is why I said earlier that she showed her Omega TP quite a bit in this episode. Let's add and the distance from which she projected her Astral Body and fought with Maddie and even beat her. That's a legitimate Omega feat. She even managed to connect their memories from both sides seamlessly which adds to the Omega feat. She literally proved how strong she is and all that without the help of Cerebro mind you! Amazing feat on all fronts and checks. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    You are kidding, right? For Jean's voice. She absolutely Ace her performance as Jean and Maddie mind you. She nails the drama. The power, the empathy, the wickedness. Absolutely gorgeous and spot on work!

Now Rogue on the other side... I am sorry to mention it but she is not there just yet. However, she is trying hard and spots it here and there but! We do have confirmation from the show runners that she gets there eventually. I think the audio engineers mess it up here to be honest. Hopefully they fix Rogue's voice issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like his voice and Storm's sound almost too old. I know Logan is the same voice actor, which explains it because it's three decades later basically, but what about Storm?

Very interested in how the Gambit voice actor is going to sound as Cable, as they specifically wanted him to sound a bit younger than he did in the old series considering what we now know about his origin from this episode. Apparently he and Cyclops are going to get a big story arc this season, which makes sense.
    Well, I completely disagree with your statement for Storm's actress. She absolutely nails it on every spot. There was just a few small hiccups here and there in the first episode's beginning but from there onward she is spotless. And considering it is the original actress quite the accomplishment. She even sounds more powerful and dramatic than before. Absolute A's across the board.

Logan, yeah I can see it he messes on few places but he is forgiven. Because he absolutely nails a few lines. But to be honest I kinda like Wolvy's voice considering his true age. He should have that wisdom and some old flavour in his voice perfectly mixed with his gruff, husky, low full tone notch that overshadows the others. And once more, we do have confirmation from the show runners that he gets there eventually as the season continues. So let's see how they will do by the end of season 1. I think we will be for a surprise.

Dunno if someone brought this up above already, but one minor gripe with the episode would be that Sinister healed pretty much instantaneously from Scott's optic blast. In TAS (not in the comics AFAIK), Sinister was always vulnerable to the blast. The way the wound was depicted (oozing and green) was correct, but he wouldn't have healed this quickly from it. But then again it's possible that Sinister researched ways to build up a resistence toward the blasts.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Dunno if someone brought this up above already, but one minor gripe with the episode would be that Sinister healed pretty much instantaneously from Scott's optic blast. In TAS (not in the comics AFAIK), Sinister was always vulnerable to the blast. The way the wound was depicted (oozing and green) was correct, but he wouldn't have healed this quickly from it. But then again it's possible that Sinister researched ways to build up a resistence toward the blasts.
    It's a very Sinister thing to modify himself to improve himself.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I listened to a podcast recently where one of the hosts got to see the episodes at a con and he said she sounded closer to her original self there, so I think the difference sounds more to do with production messing around. Lenore also quit smoking in '97, so that might've had an effect.
    Her voice was so low and sultry in the original, i am not into women but it does something hypnotising to me. Hopefully it comes back, quitting smoking can definitely affect your voice, the whole process of quitting and the sound difference of a voice which is healing from smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm more intrigued by the experimentation he was doing on Nathan. So he was trying to make him invulnerable via the techno-organic virus? That isn't how it really works in the comics, but okay, I'll bite.

I'm assuming the reason he has to use his powers to keep it at bay is because he was pulled out "half baked" then, so it's lethal to him instead of making him invulnerable? Or it just didn't work the way Sinister thought it would? Seems odd that he'd take such a risk with such a high value mutant "product" (i.e., the powerful mutant offspring of a Jean Grey clone with Scott Summers). But whatever. It's a cartoon. I suppose I can roll with the weak logic at play here and just chalk it up to Sinister is crazy.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”