Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

She probably chose the name Pryor for the same reason as in the comics, because she had a prior existence as Jean Grey.

How do people feel this Sinister compares to the version/voice of Sinister by KG?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    How do people feel this Sinister compares to the version/voice of Sinister by KG?
    I don't like new Magneto and Bishop's VA nearly as much as the OGs, but this new Sinister worked great to me. Oh, wait, you mean comic book/Gillen's Sinister? No, this is OG Sinister in the vein of TAS and the old comics, which I greatly prefer. Not sassy, SINISTER!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Well, I can't stand KG's Sinister, so I welcome the classic version (CC's).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't like new Magneto and Bishop's VA nearly as much as the OGs, but this new Sinister worked great to me. Oh, wait, you mean comic book/Gillen's Sinister? No, this is OG Sinister in the vein of TAS and the old comics, which I greatly prefer. Not sassy, SINISTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Well, I can't stand KG's Sinister, so I welcome the classic version (CC's).
    I was just checking in. I used to hear this voice whenever I read Sinister but it doesn't match KG's more aggressively flamboyant Sinister.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Maddie today

IMO, he correlates with the current one from comics rather well, being an explicitly Englishman and pompously supervillainous (Sinister in TAS was revealed to be from Victorian London only in his last episode and was more restrained in terms of "I AM A GENIUS" moments). Regarding not being flamboyant - well, Gillen's Sinister is not one either, it is just one of his many masks.

Like I said in a previous post: It's nice to see Mister Sinister live up to his name instead of being a goofball.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Perhaps Jean's a fan of Steeleye Span, like Claremont was
    Ha, so that's were it comes form. It matches my impression of Clarmeont, I can see him coming up with like that.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Maddie today
    More like

Sinister in his undiluted Gothic horror glory. OMG this episode was phantasmagoric. Also Beast bitchslapping Lewis Carroll lmao

Maddie was so vampire coded in this. That smile after Scott made her bleed. Mother.

The fact that Morph transformed into Sabretooth last episode to get Logan to come to them is interesting in light of the heavy implications this episode that they are attracted to Wolverine. Beau?

The Spirited Away/Miyazaki reference with Beast and the entity waiting at the elevator door was cute

This episode was a huge let down after how good episode 2 was. They put too much in one episode. Really didn't like some of the characterization, expecially Maddie leaving like she did and Cyclops not being there to send Nathan or anyone even suggesting they could go with him to the future and raise him.

This entire thing could have been a season long storyline but instead it's all just thrown in all at once and loses any kind of character beats and development that we could have gotten.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

About Sinister's voice here, that scene where he slinks away while reciting that nursery rhyme isn't quite like anything Chris Britton had to do on the original run of TAS, and reminded me just a little of Kieron Gillen's Sinister. And it was pretty sweet.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Hope you all noticed that when Jean got into Maddie's mind, she didn't even need Cerebro... unlike Sailor Goblin Queen needing to use it in the first episode.

That was RAW Omega level power right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Hope you all noticed that when Jean got into Maddie's mind, she didn't even need Cerebro... unlike Sailor Goblin Queen needing to use it in the first episode.

That was RAW Omega level power right there.
    She was out of her body, so she didn't have fainting spells to hold her back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.