Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm more intrigued by the experimentation he was doing on Nathan. So he was trying to make him invulnerable via the techno-organic virus? That isn't how it really works in the comics, but okay, I'll bite.

I'm assuming the reason he has to use his powers to keep it at bay is because he was pulled out "half baked" then, so it's lethal to him instead of making him invulnerable? Or it just didn't work the way Sinister thought it would? Seems odd that he'd take such a risk with such a high value mutant "product" (i.e., the powerful mutant offspring of a Jean Grey clone with Scott Summers). But whatever. It's a cartoon. I suppose I can roll with the weak logic at play here and just chalk it up to Sinister is crazy.
    Sinister's not a guy who's actually "done it all" in regards to biological tinkering. One memorable goof Sinister made was... in a Sabretooth comic? Yeah Sinister cooked up a brand of super-mutant clone he made multiples of... who were all mind-linked... as a feature. the idea is to have an army with perfect coordination.... Well.. Sabretooth figured out this also meant that if you distract ONE of them... they all get distracted.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm more intrigued by the experimentation he was doing on Nathan. So he was trying to make him invulnerable via the techno-organic virus? That isn't how it really works in the comics, but okay, I'll bite.

I'm assuming the reason he has to use his powers to keep it at bay is because he was pulled out "half baked" then, so it's lethal to him instead of making him invulnerable? Or it just didn't work the way Sinister thought it would? Seems odd that he'd take such a risk with such a high value mutant "product" (i.e., the powerful mutant offspring of a Jean Grey clone with Scott Summers). But whatever. It's a cartoon. I suppose I can roll with the weak logic at play here and just chalk it up to Sinister is crazy.
    I viewed this from the lens of the Greek myth of Achilles. His mother was intent on making him immortal so she held him in the eternal flame to make him invincible. She was stopped before she could get his heel which was the only thing not licked by the flames. It therefore became his hindrance. Similarly here with Nathan he wasn't fully "baked" so it became his hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I viewed this from the lens of the Greek myth of Achilles. His mother was intent on making him immortal so she held him in the eternal flame to make him invincible. She was stopped before she could get his heel which was the only thing not licked by the flames. It therefore became his hindrance. Similarly here with Nathan he wasn't fully "baked" so it became his hindrance.
    Yeah, that makes the most sense. Hope that’s what they go with. If they even bother explaining it once Cable shows up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    But Scott did make the choice to let Bishop take Nate. He was just visibly upset about it.
    What we're saying is that Scott should have been with Maddie as she handed Nathan over to Bishop and they left. Rather than let Maddie do it all alone. Scott has always been a strong leader, till this moment.

==jthree

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    What we're saying is that Scott should have been with Maddie as she handed Nathan over to Bishop and they left. Rather than let Maddie do it all alone. Scott has always been a strong leader, till this moment.

==jthree

jmo everyone processes things so differently and cyclops has dealt with so much trauma/lost in his life.. could just be his breaking point deserves a little slack
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am pretty sure that this is the time line in which Sentinels have taken over and Mastermold has killed first all the Omega's and then the rest of the X-men. I believe only Wolverine was the solo Survivor of the X-men and Forge. It is pretty much the same future we see in the OG TAS. Forgot the name of the episodes but pretty much Charles did travel somehow to the future and could walk with futuristic legs skeleton that acted like a supportive cage around each leg.

No, that definitely did NOT happen. Jean legitimately restored most of her memories from Madelyn while she fought her and didn't harm her memories in the process. That is why I said earlier that she showed her Omega TP quite a bit in this episode. Let's add and the distance from which she projected her Astral Body and fought with Maddie and even beat her. That's a legitimate Omega feat. She even managed to connect their memories from both sides seamlessly which adds to the Omega feat. She literally proved how strong she is and all that without the help of Cerebro mind you! Amazing feat on all fronts and checks. Loved it!

You are kidding, right? For Jean's voice. She absolutely Ace her performance as Jean and Maddie mind you. She nails the drama. The power, the empathy, the wickedness. Absolutely gorgeous and spot on work!

Now Rogue on the other side... I am sorry to mention it but she is not there just yet. However, she is trying hard and spots it here and there but! We do have confirmation from the show runners that she gets there eventually. I think the audio engineers mess it up here to be honest. Hopefully they fix Rogue's voice issues.

Well, I completely disagree with your statement for Storm's actress. She absolutely nails it on every spot. There was just a few small hiccups here and there in the first episode's beginning but from there onward she is spotless. And considering it is the original actress quite the accomplishment. She even sounds more powerful and dramatic than before. Absolute A's across the board.

Logan, yeah I can see it he messes on few places but he is forgiven. Because he absolutely nails a few lines. But to be honest I kinda like Wolvy's voice considering his true age. He should have that wisdom and some old flavour in his voice perfectly mixed with his gruff, husky, low full tone notch that overshadows the others. And once more, we do have confirmation from the show runners that he gets there eventually as the season continues. So let's see how they will do by the end of season 1. I think we will be for a surprise.
    Yes i think that the new Jean Grey voice lacks character, personality and sounds generic. The other voices are more distinct and recognisable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    jmo everyone processes things so differently and cyclops has dealt with so much trauma/lost in his life.. could just be his breaking point deserves a little slack
    That is true, and I have to confess in my own experiences, I have failed at being mature, so I shouldn't be so judgmental, but I still wish Scott would have been there with Maddie. Scott, probably was at his breaking point, but I still wish otherwise.

--jthree

They are rushing the storyline so i'll have to wait and trust their vision but i wish they had given this more time to breathe. Maddie JUST gave birth, what like earlier that day. I kind of feel like Scott and she should have had time to raise the baby over the course. of the season and then do this Inferno bit with the Jean reveal around episode 6 or 7. Save Cable's arrival for Season 2 or teased in the finale

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's actor is the OG version too, so she's also 30 years older.

Mr. Sinister's still got it! It's his OG version too. Might sound even better this time(I thought it was a different actor at first).
    Sinister's voice was always modulated, I think it was more modulated in this show to compensate for the actor's age. When Sinister was tormenting Morph, pretending to be Wolverine, Wolverine's voice became modulated. It is suppose represent Sinister's inhuman nature, his voice was normal before he experimented on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    That is true, and I have to confess in my own experiences, I have failed at being mature, so I shouldn't be so judgmental, but I still wish Scott would have been there with Maddie. Scott, probably was at his breaking point, but I still wish otherwise.

--jthree

i only say this because i only watched each episode once but ive seen them
    many times at this point because i watch reaction videos on YouTube. and EVERYONE is shitting on cyclops dialogue at that moment and doesn’t even acknowledge the part where he says “like my father abandoned me” and you know most “fans” of X-MEN outside of places like this only know him from the Fox-Men movies (multiple complaints I’ve seen of why is he being made cool in this? or upset that he’s with Jean and not logan smh)

the corsair call out by slim just cuts me so deep i really like this new voice actor for cyclops
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Maybe Magneto is actually helping Rogue to control her powers in the Danger Room, as others have suggested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Magneto and Rogue sure do have a lot of Danger Room sessions together...though honestly I feel like they're setting up there's nothing really romantic going on between them, especially the way Rogue reacted to Gambit being hurt. Plus the kiss in the intro.
    I hope this is the case and Rogue/Gambit are endgame, but I could really do without any kind of Rogue/Magneto romance.
    I know I am biased because Gambit and Rogue are my OTP and while I love Magneto as a character, I hate Rogue/Magneto with a passion.

And now I got a crazy idea that maybe Magneto has some kind of kink about being without powers, so he has Rogue drain his temporarily. Lol, talk about grasping at straws.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I hope this is the case and Rogue/Gambit are endgame, but I could really do without any kind of Rogue/Magneto romance.
    I know I am biased because Gambit and Rogue are my OTP and while I love Magneto as a character, I hate Rogue/Magneto with a passion.

And now I got a crazy idea that maybe Magneto has some kind of kink about being without powers, so he has Rogue drain his temporarily. Lol, talk about grasping at straws.

maybe he’s teaching her to control her power?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    maybe he’s teaching her to control her power?
    Bingo, I think that's exactly where they're going with Rogue and Magneto.

Amazing Member

Love this show because I’ve been starved for new mutant stuff but you really just have to turn your brain off lol. Why did she choose the name Madelyn all randomly?! Or Goblin Queen for that matter since… there are no goblins in this version’s backstory. Just have her transform, have a light redemption then leave. And then the next time we see her, she has her own identity lol. Storm getting the clippers out before the angsty punk transformation, Maddy’s random new identities, putting Bishop in the team just so they could have an easy out for baby Nathan. Sucks that animated shows cost 50x more but we get 50% less episodes for stories to breathe. Still better than MCU military propaganda so I’ll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Bingo, I think that's exactly where they're going with Rogue and Magneto.
    that will blow so many ppl minds that aren’t familiar with the books… can’t wait