Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Give it time, it's coming In one of the trailers you can see pissed off Logan shredding someone, but it was a split second hard to miss shot. You can see Gambit all bloodied up in a damaged white tuxedo too. The cool guys gonna have their moment... and then some.
    Never in doubt. Looking forward to it. FTH.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Very well possible. I need to re-watch as so much was going on. I was shocked to see Jubilee’s powers in slo-mo. When she blasted the tv monster the first time, her powers sawed its head clean in half so you could see blood splatter and the creature’s inner brains. The second time- her powers literally blew up the monster’s head from the inside-out. Super gory and freaking awesome!
    It was a subtle detail, but she actually threw their popcorn pan at the demon with her fireworks. I don't think that's implying she charged it with energy because I think it ended up lodged in the TV, but still quick instinct on Jubilee's part and I thought that displayed her growth/experience when compared to Roberto who just freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was Maddie bleeding after getting an optic blast the first time blood was shed even in the original series? It kinda shocked me when I saw that
    Yeah they actually focused on the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget, did one of the security guards from episode 2 have blood coming out when they got shot?
    yeah it was fast but it looked like a killshot. I was pretty surprised...

I thought the episode was great. I kinda wish we got more of the real Jean, but the bits we got were incredible. The way she showed up like Jesus to cleanse the "Inferno"? Plus her psychic form and her mental "battle" with Madelyne were amazing. I know she fainted a bit, but in this case it was understandable considering she was physically debilitated and traumatized, without being able to fully control her powers. But they let her be competent and leave the fainting for after the job was done, which is the most important thing for me. Her iconic backstory being included was also nice. Her moment with Logan was sweet.

Madelyne's story in general was pretty good, they managed to make her feel sympathetic without villainizing Scott which was a good thing. They managed to evoke her and Jean's battle in the original event and also their reconciliation. It's kinda unfortunate that they did the whole story in just one episode, cause it was definetely a bit rushed, but if we accept that restriction they did the best they could. The Inferno being to show the X-Men their own fears was a clever idea, the horror visuals were on point. Plus Maddie got a damn magical girl transformation, anime laugh, and her design was incredible. The Madelyne Pryor name coming out of nowhere in the end was really awkward though.

Also: I'm officially shipping Logan and Morph.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-28-2024 at 09:58 AM.

in the comics bishop tried to kill a baby now he has to save one

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Also: I'm officially shipping Logan and Morph.
    A million times over Logan and Jean, imho.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    yeah it was fast but it looked like a killshot. I was pretty surprised...

Kinda funny that they're still using laser guns or whatever considering that the only reason they used them on both the original series and the Spider-Man cartoon that came out concurrently was because the censors wouldn't let them use regular guns lol
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Kinda funny that they're still using laser guns or whatever considering that the only reason they used them on both the original series and the Spider-Man cartoon that came out concurrently was because the censors wouldn't let them use regular guns lol
    I mean its still a Disney show and rated TV-14. They probably want to keep it there and not have it pushed up to Mature

Extraordinary Member

I mean its still a Disney show and rated TV-14. They probably want to keep it there and not have it pushed up to Mature
    While I'm hardly an expert on censorship (although I did do a paper or two on the subject back in college), isn't showing the laser drawing blood (and possibly killing?) just as bad as if it had been a bullet? Honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I'm hardly an expert on censorship (although I did do a paper or two on the subject back in college), isn't showing the laser drawing blood (and possibly killing?) just as bad as if it had been a bullet? Honest question.
    You'd think but with ratings you may have a certain amount of "freebies" before it has to get bumped a rating. I know for movies for instance, a PG13 rating may only allow the use of a swear words for a limited amount. Without dissecting the episode, thats just my speculation

Interesting that Madeline's backstory was fast-tracked in the episode but I suppose it's for the best if they wanted to get to additional storylines. I wonder if Bishop will be seen again after taking baby Nate/Cable into the future time.

the fight sequence in the nightmare zone was wild.

I see Morph apparently has the ability to kind-of mimic the physical powers of certain folks.. like, well, Mimic, the former X-Man from the 60s? Otherwise I don't see how he could fly like Archangel.
    I see him continuing his low key cameo appearances of a whole bunch of folks throughout the rest of the season. I guess that's considered the substitute for having said characters formally part of the team or as antagonists of a story arc.

Interesting that Forge was introduced here as the means for Ororo to get her powers back, rather than the guy who (also) initially took them away.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It was a subtle detail, but she actually threw their popcorn pan at the demon with her fireworks. I don't think that's implying she charged it with energy because I think it ended up lodged in the TV, but still quick instinct on Jubilee's part and I thought that displayed her growth/experience when compared to Roberto who just freezes
    Ok you are absolutely right! Thanks for pointing that out regarding the popcorn pan! The second form of the monster she fought was even more impressive! She blew up the creature’s head from the inside-out!!

Another question. Now that I thought about it more, I get how Madelyne can be confused but how is Jean confused about when the switch happened? With her memories restored, she should know the last thing she remembers prior to waking up. Like what day and year do you think it is girl? Madelyne went on to have time with the X-men that she did not so she should know when the divergent point is for her

Another question. Now that I thought about it more, I get how Madelyne can be confused but how is Jean confused about when the switch happened? With her memories restored, she should know the last thing she remembers prior to waking up. Like what day and year do you think it is girl? Madelyne went on to have time with the X-men that she did not so she should know when the divergent point is for her
    Madelyne: How much do you remember?

Jean: It's strange, but... most everything.

Madelyne: Then you know how much I've wanted to go.

It's a very ambiguous explanation and they def did that on purpose so they could skirt the details. Jean has all of Madelyne's memories, but up until when? Up to that day? Does she "remember" birthing Nathan?

Because the ep started with Jean just being empty "as if her awarness was born only yesterday". My thinking is that their confrontation on the astral plan resulted in Jean and Madelyne sharing their memories, but the part where Jean was kidnapped/incapacitated/switched all the way through being "born only yesterday" is gone.

Astonishing Member

It also doesn't make sense to suddently remove the common energy guns and replace them with regular projectile weapons, just because censorship got lowered, after they had been established and commonly used in the original show.

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I just wanna see Logan actually STAB people in the cartoon. I'm surprised he hasn't bled yet!
    If they really adapt OZT, maybe they change the Prime Sentinels from cyborgs to androids, so he would be allowed to cut appart the next best thing to human enemies.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-28-2024 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It also doesn't make sense to suddently remove the common energy guns and replace them with regular projectile weapons, just because censorship got lowered, after they had been established and commonly used in the original show.
    Laser rifles can kill people too after all....