Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    In the show its stated that the the virus is a way to make Nathan invulnerable. So Sinister just wants his mutant weapon to also be free from more severe physical harm.
    Got it. Thanks.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

From the tie-in comic that came out today

Woo woo woo Wolverine

The final panel also teased spoilers:
    The Maraurders and Sienna Blaze
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    The fact that Maddie's powers are fiery suggests that she really was Phoenix.
    Yeah, I liked the old fan-theory that the "Jean" in season 5 of the original was actually Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This episode was a huge let down after how good episode 2 was. They put too much in one episode. Really didn't like some of the characterization, expecially Maddie leaving like she did and Cyclops not being there to send Nathan or anyone even suggesting they could go with him to the future and raise him.

This entire thing could have been a season long storyline but instead it's all just thrown in all at once and loses any kind of character beats and development that we could have gotten.
    I think Scott just couldn't stand saying good bye to his son after he just met him.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

or anyone even suggesting they could go with him to the future and raise him.

bishop said his time band only had power for himself and the baby.

last week was pretty cool knew it wouldn’t last before the complaints started
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was another superb episode. It's amazing how much they're packing in each one while at the same time giving us plenty of character moments.

It was hard not to feel Madelyne's pain as she found out she was a clone - I found myself wishing it was the other way around at the start of the episode even though we all knew the switch was coming. The moment Maddie succumbs to rage and fire was just masterfully crafted and her Sailor Moon transformation, extremely accurate down to the hands movements, was just the icing on the cake.

Then the episode takes a horror turn and does it very well - Sinister is genuinely scary here. I think the ending with Bable going into the future with Bishop is just perfect and a great way to streamline all the possible alternate futures.

And am I the only one who just freaks out (with joy) whenever Morph transforms? I love how they're giving us a large number of cameos via their shape-shifting, I was x-static when they turned into Psylocke last week and I literally screamed when they morphed into Magik in this episode... and even moreso when they changed to her Darkchylde persona. Even though that's never been shown in the show so I guess there's a story to be told there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    bishop said his time band only had power for himself and the baby.

last week was pretty cool knew it wouldn’t last before the complaints started
    Yes, but Cyclops could have taken Bishop's place instead. My main issue is how Cyclops reacted. In the original story he understood the sacrifice he had to make handing Nathan over to Askani. Turning away from it like he did in the show was not true to character in my opinion.

But again, since the plots are all rushed and fused together there is little weight to any of the scenes. It's like watching a Wikipedia article made into a show.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mighty Member

"Rogue's really training her stamina with the new boss"
    I'll admit that this made me laugh out loud.

Anyway, while I agree this could have been a two part episode, with only 10 episodes it makes sense that we would get the cliff notes version.

Yes, but Cyclops could have taken Bishop's place instead. My main issue is how Cyclops reacted. In the original story he understood the sacrifice he had to make handing Nathan over to Askani. Turning away from it like he did in the show was not true to character in my opinion.
    Quick question, would Scott even know where to go in the future? Could Bishop come back or send Nathan back when the problem is solved?

But again, since the plots are all rushed and fused together there is little weight to any of the scenes. It's like watching a Wikipedia article made into a show.
    I think on this specific problem it was assumed that it needed to be Bishop to survive in the future, find the guy and convince him to help cure Nathan. That Scott couldn’t be given directions and a note/story to vouch for him. But as you say it was rushed and it will probably make a really good wiki summary.

Why did Maddie's powers become pink when she and Scott were fighting Sinister?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'll admit that this made me laugh out loud.

Anyway, while I agree this could have been a two part episode, with only 10 episodes it makes sense that we would get the cliff notes version.

Quick question, would Scott even know where to go in the future? Could Bishop come back or send Nathan back when the problem is solved?
    He wouldn’t but that doesn’t mean he should just give up and not try. I expected he or Maddie to make the case for them leaving with him only to have Bishop reason with them that Nathan’s best chance of survival is with him. The way the show presented it, there was no discussion. Both parents just gave him away without even offering to go with him

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I think on this specific problem it was assumed that it needed to be Bishop to survive in the future, find the guy and convince him to help cure Nathan. That Scott couldn’t be given directions and a note/story to vouch for him. But as you say it was rushed and it will probably make a really good wiki summary.
    Maddie could have used TP to get that info from Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Why did Maddie's powers become pink when she and Scott were fighting Sinister?
    Because anime logic.

The amount of X-Men slash fiction on Ao3 that starts with Wolverine in the shower after a danger room session.....I see you, Beau

Morph is really growing on me. I'd love to see this version of him in 616 comics.

Mighty Member

I don't mind so much that Cyke didn't take Bishop's place in the future. Bishop's the one that knows who to ask and where to go. We can play this game and ask why didn't Maddie go instead of Bishop?

My bigger problem is, as you've pointed out, Cyke running away. I get it-- I understand '97 Cyke felt distraught by the thought of having to "abandon" his child, and it resonated with him deeply given his own situation. But I felt one of the defining characteristics / moments of (comics) Cyke was he'd still make the best choice, even when he knew it was the unpopular one or one that'd torment him. Making and executing the difficult choice was Cyke's schtick. So, yeah, I felt that scene wasn't true to Cyke's character as well.

All that aside, I'm really going to have to find time to rewatch TAS one day. I feel like I've mis-remebered or confused with the comics a lot of things. Weren't Bishop and Cable at odds some point?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Well, I can't stand KG's Sinister, so I welcome the classic version (CC's).
    The current comic Sinister is Hickman's creation; KG's version from his Uncanny X-men run was Prime Minister Sinister of Sinister London. The two are nothing alike. Hickman is the one who reinterpreted Essex as a gadfly dandy while Prime Minister Sinister was far more in line with the animated version.