Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I mean, who wouldn’t want a laser gun? They seem much cooler than regular ol’ boring guns.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Madelyne: How much do you remember?

Jean: It's strange, but... most everything.

Madelyne: Then you know how much I've wanted to go.

It's a very ambiguous explanation and they def did that on purpose so they could skirt the details. Jean has all of Madelyne's memories, but up until when? Up to that day? Does she "remember" birthing Nathan?

Because the ep started with Jean just being empty "as if her awarness was born only yesterday". My thinking is that their confrontation on the astral plan resulted in Jean and Madelyne sharing their memories, but the part where Jean was kidnapped/incapacitated/switched all the way through being "born only yesterday" is gone.
    I didnt take that as Jean having Maddie's memories. I took that as Jean's empathic side and knowing how she felt about things bc she was in her head

Fantastic Member

Speculation: Do you think they'll pick up on the Scott/Jean chaos next week? Or will they abandon it totally for Storm's plot line? My guess is that the producers will drop it for awhile focusing on Ororo and Forge and they're storyline. Then in a few episodes, we'll see how Jean and Scott are getting along. My guess. Neither will be able to talk to each other, and we still won't know if Scott married "this" Jean. Poor Scott, in this imagining he did did nothing wrong, but boy! is he paying the consequences?

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Speculation: Do you think they'll pick up on the Scott/Jean chaos next week? Or will they abandon it totally for Storm's plot line? My guess is that the producers will drop it for awhile focusing on Ororo and Forge and they're storyline. Then in a few episodes, we'll see how Jean and Scott are getting along. My guess. Neither will be able to talk to each other, and we still won't know if Scott married "this" Jean. Poor Scott, in this imagining he did did nothing wrong, but boy! is he paying the consequences?

--jthree
    Next week's episode will be a 2 parter. One will focus on Sunspot/Jubilee and the other will be Storm. I dont expect Scott and Jean to get any focus. They may make a quick cameo

Fantastic Member

Has anybody mentioned Jean/Maddie's vision that she had in the previous two episodes? Does anyone have an interpretation of that dream and how it will foreshadow coming storylines? Or did it already happen with the real Jean's appearance?

--jthree

This was still terribly convoluted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    We have 12 main characters and only 10 episodes. This episode was fine and definitely shouldn't be 2 or 3 parter.
    So far it is too much Cyke, Jean, Mags and Storm show. I hope the next episodes will sideline them to let Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine to breathe a little. It will stink if Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine will get only time to shine in Nightcrawler episode 5 before the last 3 episodes becomes Cyke and Jean focus drama again.
    Comment makes zero sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Laser rifles can kill people too after all....
    Not if they are set to "stun".

Joke aside, the thing about "energy weapons", which often get the label "laser"* slapped on because of common awareness of the term, in popular media and children entertainment in particular is that unlike physical projectile weapons, they are such an exotic and vague concept that creators can easily adjust just how they work and what kind of damage/injury they cause.

As such a weapon which might blow up tanks in one scene can also merley cause a person to be stunned or fall over dead with nothing more than a scorch mark on their cloth.

Glad Wolverine and Rogue are kind of background characters so far...their voices are waaaaay off. The accents are off, Wolverine sounded like Beast when he was talking to Jean. Rogue's accent is gone, and she uses proper words instead of her usual "Southern contractions".

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Joke aside, the thing about "energy weapons", which often get the label "laser"* slapped on because of common awareness of the term, in popular media and children entertainment in particular is that unlike physical projectile weapons, they are such an exotic and vague concept that creators can easily adjust just how they work and what kind of damage/injury they cause.

As such a weapon which might blow up tanks in one scene can also merley cause a person to be stunned or fall over dead with nothing more than a scorch mark on their cloth.
    This. And I think that also, because it's so fantastical and can't be replicated in real world situations, it creates this disconnect where it's hard to treat them as seriously. Gun crime is a serious issue in real life, but not laser crime.

Like that time Destiny had Moira set on fire and watched her burn to death. If she used a giant laser cannon to vaporize Moira, it'd be a lot less grounded and feel a a little less serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

I specified "laser" because they burn holes in people

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This was still terribly convoluted.

Maybe the producers wanted it that way.
    three

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I specified "laser" because they burn holes in people
    Or cause small messy explosions where their beam's are getting projected on because of super heating the surface of the material to the point where it turns into the 4th state (plasma) and rapidly expands.

If memory serves regarding such hypothetical usage of lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt take that as Jean having Maddie's memories. I took that as Jean's empathic side and knowing how she felt about things bc she was in her head
    I don't think so. The line right before is about how much she remembers, with Maddie responding with a "then..." as in direct relation to what was just said i.e. memory. That part, at least, is crystal clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Glad Wolverine and Rogue are kind of background characters so far...their voices are waaaaay off. The accents are off, Wolverine sounded like Beast when he was talking to Jean. Rogue's accent is gone, and she uses proper words instead of her usual "Southern contractions".
    They need time to get reaccustomed to the role, but they're both legends and deserve respect. It's kinda annoying to side-line them when both were integral to making TAS so popular and have done a lot of work to promote 97'.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 03-28-2024 at 07:00 PM.