Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Very uneven episode. I went from actually feeling tocuhed by some scenes to averting my eyes from the screen the next due to the amount of cringe. Overall many moments lost impact due to the fast pace. It felt like we were suppose to care because we know them from other medias. Goblin Queen and Maddie.. without any explanation as to why she picked those names. Just glorified easter eggs that takes you out of the story. I went "Yeah so why did you choose that name?".

Sinister was done very well, I liked his voice and the babymonitor scene was really well done.

It's wierd... Nathan or Nate, supposedly these all powerful characters that Sinister spends years trying to achieve and we fans go: "What, he's not even Omega!".

So far in, a whopping 3 episodes, it certainly feels like the Scott show. With Magneto and Jean closely behind. Storm had a good first 2 episodes and just a small cameo in this one to set up next episode. With so many other characters fighitng for their screen time I can't really approve of the balance so far. I guess they argued that these episodes needed to happen in the start to set up other things but I'm finding myself several times wondering when say Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee or Bishop will show up and what they will get to do. Gambit had his vision this episode but beyond that he got wounded and didnt' even participate in the mansion fight. Rogue and Magneto missed it also, but while Rogue stayed behind for a short scene Magneto got to join the action against Maddie. Bishop got his big fight scene so we could send him to the future. Which just makes me feel he should have been a bigger presence earlier. Jubilee and Roberto had the tv-scene, which was fine, but then they were gone.

It's a balance act and so far the balance is askewed. It's impacting my enjoyement of the show. I want cool action scenes for Gambit. He only really did something in the first episode. The trailer would have been enough, it's given me about the same enjoyment on that front.
    I don't want to sit and wait for that one episode were said character gets to do something. Or that these episdoes means that Scott and Jean gets sidelined. What's the fun in that?
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-27-2024 at 10:42 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Ugh can we bin Jean get Emma in please. And get rid of Logan if all he’s going to do is simp for Jean.
    Why does a character have to be binned in order for another character to come in? Jean’s here to stay, hate to break it to you.

The episode was visually stunning and so fun.

Unfortunately, it was painfully rushed, in my opinion. It needed a couple extra minutes of "horror" for the impact of Maddie and Sinister's Inferno.

At first I thought the shower scene was totally inappropriate for a kid's show, but actually... isn't it rated TV 14? So never mind.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Very uneven episode. I went from actually feeling tocuhed by some scenes to averting my eyes from the screen the next due to the amount of cringe. Overall many moments lost impact due to the fast pace. It felt like we were suppose to care because we know them from other medias. Goblin Queen and Maddie.. without any explanation as to why she picked those names. Just glorified easter eggs that takes you out of the story. I went "Yeah so why did you choose that name?".
    Definitely agreed with some of the cringe. The scene where they're trying to figure out which Jean was the clone was VERY clunky and didn't work. But I feel after they got that out of the way, it was better. Kinda the same with the decision to send Nathan to the future. Scene clunky, but the following scene with Maddie was much better. Her naming herself was def weird.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Definitely agreed with some of the cringe. The scene where they're trying to figure out which Jean was the clone was VERY clunky and didn't work. But I feel after they got that out of the way, it was better. Kinda the same with the decision to send Nathan to the future. Scene clunky, but the following scene with Maddie was much better. Her naming herself was def weird.
    Same here. I also wish she had left with no name and when we see her again she introduces herself as Madelyne Pryor, hopefully with a backstory behind how she came up with it. I also find it weird how unaffected she was by sending her son to the future. I really did expect her to try to offer to go with him instead of Bishop

While I understand the practical desire to give Magneto limitations, having Maddie be like 'ha, you can only manipulate metal, TK does everything!' and glass him(man, glass is like the MVP in this series for some reason), it just rubs me the wrong way. Magneto is master of electromagnetism, a fundamental force of creation. Every bit of matter and energy are subject to it. I know the movies really focused Magneto to be a metalbender, but he's not. His forcefields are fundamental. Glass is mostly just silicon dioxide, ultimately just atoms. Atoms are subject to electromagnetism, which governs the electrons and their dance around the nucleus. Magneto can effect EVERYTHING, not just [ferrous]metals!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Another great episode! I didn't much care for the Inferno story from the comics, but still enjoyed what they did here... and hey, they played it safe and made Cyclops look less like a jerk. I hope they keep that same energy when it comes to Rogue and the Magneto stuff it's just all a misunderstanding. I'm loving the more adult vibes too like that "portal" they showed baby Nate/Cable pass through... lol what was that? Bishop about to be Cable's real pops lol. I'm liking how the intro changes each episode too, making that "skip intro" button even more useless. And for those worried about the lack of Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, Beast, and Bishop in action... don't worry, it's coming and it's coming hard. Don't ask how I know, just trust me

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There are so many blue eyed characters on this show, maybe it would have been a good idea to change Jean back to her actual green eyes, but I won't get too mad about it.

As for the hair, yeah, I would LOVE an adaptation of the BROOD SAGA, where we see Storm summon the power of the GALACTIC CORE'S MILLIONS OF SUNS AND PLANETS to cleanse herself of the Broodling, but at the cost of her breaking her vow to the Bright Lady to never kill again, and thus, she commits suicide, letting herself go, naked, drifting in space, only to be saved by the baby Acanti, and then return to Earth shaken to her core, unsure of her powers or true self anymore, until Yukio takes her for a wild ride in Tokyo!! Only then may she have a mohawk! And that's totally the same runtime as a panel of Morph creeping on Logan in the showers!

Lol hush! All I wanted was a 2 second scene of her with shears in her hand. Why have the punk hair before the punk look!? Especially when they retconned Jubilee’s Season 5 bob. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Same here. I also wish she had left with no name and when we see her again she introduces herself as Madelyne Pryor, hopefully with a backstory behind how she came up with it. I also find it weird how unaffected she was by sending her son to the future. I really did expect her to try to offer to go with him instead of Bishop
    Especially considering, to my knowledge, Jean has no personal connection to the name Madelyne Pryor. For the clone to pick it, with any buildup, just felt like an easter egg.

Omg imagine if next time Maddie shows up she has hooked up with Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Especially considering, to my knowledge, Jean has no personal connection to the name Madelyne Pryor. For the clone to pick it, with any buildup, just felt like an easter egg.
    Perhaps Jean's a fan of Steeleye Span, like Claremont was

with 10 episode seasons it does kind of make sense why we are getting cliff notes versions of storylines unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Lol hush! All I wanted was a 2 second scene of her with shears in her hand. Why have the punk hair before the punk look!? Especially when they retconned Jubilee’s Season 5 bob. ��

I was just teasing you!

I agree with the bolded, for sure!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good, albeit super condensed, adaptation of Inferno. The only thing that bothers me is that Sinister being the one to infect baby Nathan makes no sense at all. Apocalypse at least had his “survival of the fittest” motivation. But what reason would Sinister have for wanting to kill, or even test, this powerful mutant child? Wouldn’t he rather exploit him, which is more his M.O., right? Is this explained at all in the episode? I probably won’t get to watch until tomorrow sadly as I’m currently traveling overseas for work.
    Maybe it turns out Sinister actualy cloned him and when Stryfe shows up in season 2 (if rumors turn out to be correct) he will eventualy claim being the original Nathan and that Cable was the disposable clone that Sinister used to test the TO. Only when Stryfe starts showing signs of clone degerenation near the end of the season is the truth truth revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A bit like how Thor got a fake "Donald Blake" ID in his movie.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-27-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    with 10 episode seasons it does kind of make sense why we are getting cliff notes versions of storylines unfortunately.
    But the crazy thing is, with the way the episodes are being written, it doesn't feel rushed to me. The acting also helps, Jennifer Hale killed it in this episode.