Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Those are my nitpick, and my annoyance is the continued appropriation of Rachel's history given to Bishop in this series.

Yeah, if Rachel or Kitty are your main characters, it's gotta be tough to watch this show.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Too fast-paced for me to make a judgement. Understandable, though, if they're only given 10 episodes per season.

Shame there was no Mother Askani.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    It’s so strange how they stick heavily with some things that were established and changed others. I saw that they kept Jean’s powers blue because that’s how they were in the original series. But Gambits powers were yellow/orange in the original series and they had no problem making them purple and comic accurate for ‘97.

I am a vehement hater of the ‘hawk. Seeing her in the punk outfit kinda helped but it also made me mad that the hair didn’t have a story and just came out of nowhere, before her crisis. They could have had a scene of her cutting her hair tearfully after the depowering. Wasted potential. We have time for naked shower illusion Logan but none for a big change for a beloved character lol.
    There are so many blue eyed characters on this show, maybe it would have been a good idea to change Jean back to her actual green eyes, but I won't get too mad about it.

As for the hair, yeah, I would LOVE an adaptation of the BROOD SAGA, where we see Storm summon the power of the GALACTIC CORE'S MILLIONS OF SUNS AND PLANETS to cleanse herself of the Broodling, but at the cost of her breaking her vow to the Bright Lady to never kill again, and thus, she commits suicide, letting herself go, naked, drifting in space, only to be saved by the baby Acanti, and then return to Earth shaken to her core, unsure of her powers or true self anymore, until Yukio takes her for a wild ride in Tokyo!! Only then may she have a mohawk! And that's totally the same runtime as a panel of Morph creeping on Logan in the showers!

Last edited by yogaflame; 03-27-2024 at 09:54 AM.

Maddie queened out in this episode, kinda wished she stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Maddie queened out in this episode, kinda wished she stuck around.
    She dropped some savage burns to Cyclops in this episode and basically told the X-Men, **** around and find out.

I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    She dropped some savage burns to Cyclops in this episode and basically told the X-Men, **** around and find out.

I loved it.
    My favorite line of the episode:
    Maddie, as she yanks Nathan from Scott, tears welling up in her eyes,
    "Storm would have believed me!"

As good as a knife through the heart! It felt like a perfect distillation of Claremont's 201-Inferno. Okay, Beau, I see you!

Sounds like a pretty good, albeit super condensed, adaptation of Inferno. The only thing that bothers me is that Sinister being the one to infect baby Nathan makes no sense at all. Apocalypse at least had his “survival of the fittest” motivation. But what reason would Sinister have for wanting to kill, or even test, this powerful mutant child? Wouldn’t he rather exploit him, which is more his M.O., right? Is this explained at all in the episode? I probably won’t get to watch until tomorrow sadly as I’m currently traveling overseas for work.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good, albeit super condensed, adaptation of Inferno. The only thing that bothers me is that Sinister being the one to infect baby Nathan makes no sense at all. Apocalypse at least had his “survival of the fittest” motivation. But what reason would Sinister have for wanting to kill, or even test, this powerful mutant child? Wouldn’t he rather exploit him, which is more his M.O., right? Is this explained at all in the episode? I probably won’t get to watch until tomorrow sadly as I’m currently traveling overseas for work.
    Id have to rewatch but he mentioned wanting to make the baby stronger. I think thats what the TO was intended to do but since the X-men broke him out of container before the process could be complete, they unintentionally messed him up

Fantastic Member

After the highs of episode 1 and 2, I have to admit this episode was a bit of a let down, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. Just not to the degree of the first two episodes. I really thought they were gonna set this up as the intro to Maddie and the Goblin Queen but was greatly surprised at how fast they rushed through it all. I did find it interesting how they set up Nathan's future by literally sending him to the future with Bishop. I did find it interesting that Bishop too had a power display before being sent of, very similar to Storm. I was also a little surprised at the horror slant. I was confused at first too like how is Sinister doing all of this lol. Overall not bad but again not as good as the first two. That being said, I am glad the X Men are back.

Looks like they have the ok to use all the canon shows in x-mens tas canon. So, shows like 90s hulk and iron man can be used or just be fun easter eggs on tv or a newspaper.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...996c6ad6&ei=18

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

I loved it.
    Yes! The way she beat Magneto was iconic too

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    My favorite line of the episode:
    Maddie, as she yanks Nathan from Scott, tears welling up in her eyes,
    "Storm would have believed me!"

As good as a knife through the heart! It felt like a perfect distillation of Claremont's 201-Inferno. Okay, Beau, I see you!

Agreed this is one of the best tv show revivals don't get why Demayo was fired like that

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    In the show its stated that the the virus is a way to make Nathan invulnerable. So Sinister just wants his mutant weapon to also be free from more severe physical harm.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i think it’ll be shard/bishop raising cable

i feel sinister gets the dna in season 2 and the switch happened during beyond good and evil… jean wears her hair different in season 5
    Due to a change of animation studio, yeah - she started wearing her hair down (which is comic accurate, the ponytail isn't), in the same episode Jubilee's hair was changed to a bob (which was both easier for the animators and matched the Generation X comics, as she'd been redesigned after the show started).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ugh can we bin Jean get Emma in please. And get rid of Logan if all he’s going to do is simp for Jean.

There was already a lot of anime influence in the first two eps, but this ep totally took it to new heights and I'm not mad AT ALL!

Maddie's transformation... I almost expected the Sailor Moon score to start up! This tweet really sums it up lmao https://twitter.com/poppa_pud/status...38861875769650

But Maddie was just full camp but in the best way. She had the hair, the fit, and she even had a little Sharon Stone/Basic Instinct moment if ya'll caught that. Great job to Hale for all that dimension in the voice acting. The origin/memories sequence was so well done and they had such good balance with humanizing Maddie while still letting her be kind of ridiculous lol.

A few things: I hope Bishop gets a future ep devoted to him. I think Forge coming to find Storm like that was a little forced. I would have rather had him run into her on purpose and flirt his way into her life rather than just announcing his intentions. But really really looking forward to LifeDeath!