Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I really liked this, but it should have been a 2-parter, at least. The animation was really good and Maddy was fun, as she usually is. But so many missed opportunities because of the rushed pace (Goblyn King Logan, I'm looking at you).

Bishop saving Nathan is actually really neat, but since he hasn't been relevant so far, it kinda feels he was only in the team for that reason, which is lame as hell. Loved seeing Shard, though!

Morph pining for Wolvie <3

I'm ready for the focus to change from Jean/Scott. We knew DeMaio would play favorites, but now it's time for the others to shine a bit.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    They're hardly going to adapt the Askani stuff are they.
    Rachel has been fully erased from this universe and Rachel fans should not expect anything more than the brief cameo we got in the previous series. Everything that was or related to Rachel has been given to Bishop.

I like to think the switch happened during the timeskip, solely because of the VA change. I know it doesn't make sense when both characters have the same new VA, but I think it's more amusing this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Thank you so much for the detailed summary Rift.

This episode was 1000x better than the Inferno Story from the comics.

Scott, Maddy, and the Overall Story are light years more improved.

Also, I think the endgame for this love triangle is clear after this episode.

Maybe Magneto is actually helping Rogue to control her powers in the Danger Room, as others have suggested?

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I thought it was a great episode.

Loved how powerful and angelic Jean seemed when she descended and dispelled the hellish environment in the mansion.

Maddie's transformation was so cool. And her fight with Magneto was really good.

Jean's psychic confrontation with Maddie was also well done. I loved seeing Jean's origin story adapted here. The acknowledgment in the cartoon that her powers developed when she experienced Annie's death is a dream come true.

Also loved Jean changing Maddie's blast into a flock of little phoenixes.

Both Jean and Maddie seem to have the memories from the original series, including being Phoenix.

It is interesting that they are leaving it ambiguous when the switch actually occurred.

Was pleasantly surprised by the innuendos with Rogue/Magneto and Wolverine/Morph.

Can't wait for the continuation of Storm's story now that she has met Forge.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This was an INTENSE episode!

Everything Jean was superb ��. Mads breakdown as Sinny takes her over was great. Her battle with the team in the mansion was great. Do i wish they stretched it out? Yes but 10 episodes is not a lot of time. We'll see if it was worth it or not.

Which Jean has been which since their first encounter? I'm fine with them not answering that. Some things you leave up to the audience to decide and this is one of them.

I’m loving this show so far and this episode continues the trend. Episode 2 is my favorite so far!

But even though I’m in X-Men heaven I must say this particular episode’s arc felt rushed. We needed more time suspecting both Jeans, more time with the baby, more time not knowing who is behind it all and also more time not knowing if Bishop would be able to go back to the future. A two parter would have been ideal for this. But there is just so much they can do in a 10 episode series right?

I loved the Miyasaki visuals for the demons, and Jean’s and Magneto’s fight was beautiful. As for the switcheroo I think they’ll establish season 5 hair down Jean as Maddie. So Jean was herself for almost the entirety of the original show.

Anyway can’t wait for next week! Storm looks amazing in her punk look. I live for her drinking her pain away. Poor Ororo.

EDIT: i would have also liked if they found a reason for Maddie’s name choice. It felt random.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 03-27-2024 at 06:49 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

We have 12 main characters and only 10 episodes. This episode was fine and definitely shouldn't be 2 or 3 parter.
    So far it is too much Cyke, Jean, Mags and Storm show. I hope the next episodes will sideline them to let Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine to breathe a little. It will stink if Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine will get only time to shine in Nightcrawler episode 5 before the last 3 episodes becomes Cyke and Jean focus drama again.

Loving this so far but also felt this could have been a 2 parter. I think MPs switch to good was too quick.

I definitely thought that MP was going to jack Bishop's time travel device and take her and the baby to the future as well.

But also assumed that Cable would appear in this.

MP vs Magneto fight was done so well. A lot of the visuals are actually really thought out and done well.

Sunspot is biracial. I don't really know what someone meant by he isnt acting black. He is South American and he speaks Portuguese. So he should just have a little darker skin color if thats what you meant by the critique.

The voice cast is doing incredibly well.

The Magik cameo was awesome but I know for sure people are going to start complaining about him just being there as cameo queen/king lol
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-27-2024 at 07:06 AM.

Amazing Member

I hope they hook Morph up with Iceman. If I recall correctly, Bobby was much more surly in this universe than his usual portrayal. It might be Kevin can get Bobby to loosen up (and accept himself) by using their shape-shifting to ease the transition. Morph could take on Firestar and Spider-Man forms with their cameo power and imply Bobby lived with Angelica and Peter in this universe.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    We have 12 main characters and only 10 episodes. This episode was fine and definitely shouldn't be 2 or 3 parter.
    So far it is too much Cyke, Jean, Mags and Storm show. I hope the next episodes will sideline them to let Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine to breathe a little. It will stink if Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine will get only time to shine in Nightcrawler episode 5 before the last 3 episodes becomes Cyke and Jean focus drama again.
    Storm got all of minute in this episode.

Wolverine got plenty of storylines in the OG show. He isn't exactly hurting for storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Storm got all of minute in this episode.

Wolverine got plenty of storylines in the OG show. He isn't exactly hurting for storylines
    Half of ep 4 should be about Storm and probably full ep 6 too. Also she already had great showing so far.
    Just because Logan shined in the OG show doesn't mean he shouldn't have his stories here, lol. It is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

I've understand why they wanted to make the situation ambiguous. That way they could create more drama in the situation.
    That sounds similar to what Rick & Morty did with Beth. LMAO

I am in love with this series so far and episode 3 pulled me in even deeper.

Love how well respected Maddie was in this. Loved how GD creepy Sinister was. Talking over the baby monitor?! Ahhh! Loved that they let this get bloody and violent. Loved the horror mood as that messy b!@# Sinister is hiding in an old church.

I agree with those saying it felt a little rushed and another episode to finish things out with Baby Nathan might have been nice. Seems like maybe they were originally not planning on 2 seasons and trying to pack a LOT in.

It also SUCKS losing Bishop! I'm glad he was at least given a big moment to shine first. Hopefully he'll be back.

This uncertainty about who was the Jean we knew and that Scott was with most of this time ... WOW. Leaves them in this emotional wasteland of uncertainty. Starting to see how Emma might come into the picture if they're struggling. Who wouldn't be?! This also painted Scott in a better light than the OG story. He's a victim in this as much as Maddie and Jean.

I adored that Maddie's powers brought out each character's personal fears as living nightmares. Gambit's nightmare being that grotesque Savage Land Rogue call back that reminds me SO much of Ron's vision of Harry/Hermione caused by the Horcrux in HP. Haha none of us can unsee that Remy! I am pleased it wasn't presented in the usual gross pinup way.

Morph and Wolverine poking at Remy's insecurities right before this makes me think this vision isn't going to be historic.

They seem to be playing Magneto almost like Joseph. Yes he'd LIKE to get with Rogue, but she might not be as into him as we thought or he wishes. She is torn maybe, but her rushing to Remy's barely wounded side, staying behind with him by Magneto's own leave, and then that glorious intro shot of Rogue kissing him through her hand during the basketball game. I'm feeling better now that this "love triangle" is meant to help Rogue and Gambit confront some issues and move forward. Remy needs to show he's serious about the X-Men and Rogue. Rogue needs to figure out what she wants for herself. HERE FOR IT!!!

And now we see full on punk Storm and Forge!!!

Also can I just say this is the most I have ever loved Morph as a character?!?!