Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Also, I think the endgame for this love triangle is clear after this episode.

Maybe Magneto is actually helping Rogue to control her powers in the Danger Room, as others have suggested?
    The closest we will see savage land rogue in the show
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Did anyone else get Sailor Moon feels when Maddie did her little transformation into the Goblin Queen? LOL

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Half of ep 4 should be about Storm and probably full ep 6 too. Also she already had great showing so far.
    Just because Logan shined in the OG show doesn't mean he shouldn't have his stories here, lol. It is ridiculous.
    No one said he shouldn't shine but we can't act as if he's being paid dust when this is a sequel to a series where he got a lot and may get part of a season not being a focus for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Latin America doesn't use the one-drop rule. If you look white, you're white. If you look black, you are black. If you look mixed, you are mixed. If you look indigenous, you're indigenous.
    And yet Roberto looks fairly ambiguous, they cast a white voice actor to voice him, and removed his origin in which him being Black is prominent.

Show has not done a good job at respecting that.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

didnt they cast a biracial south american voice actor who speaks portuguese for Sunspot?

someone can correct me if im wrong.

It's nice to Mister Sinister actually be sinister instead of a goofball.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Did anyone else get Sailor Moon feels when Maddie did her little transformation into the Goblin Queen? LOL

More Black Lady...lol

I didnt like how quick they were to suggest Nathan be sent to the future. WTF?!? At least in the comics Askani came from the future and confirmed that there was tech that could save him. Here, you had Jean suggest that maybe there might be in Bishop's future (which really is only like 80 years). It would have been more credible had Bishop mentioned that he's seen this before and knows of a cure in his timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    They covered a lot in 30 minutes. Almost too much as things are starting to feel very fast paced, but it still works I think. I'm still trying to decide. The animation is INSANE in parts. I laughed out loud when Jean put her hair in a ponytail. Gotta distinguish between the two somehow. And minor nitpick, but it's very odd how they keep making Jean's eyes blue.

Maddie's turned green when she became the Goblin Queen

I really love how respectful the show writers are of these characters. No one is torn down for the sake of building up another. They all have their own strengths and flaws, and their shortcomings don’t come from being staged as being incompetent or weak.

Okay - omg you guys - the shower scene!11 Whhhaaaat!? Not who I wanted to see in the shower, but hey, I’ll take it!

I agree with y’all about the baby monitor. Been there! Strange voices in your house - The horror! And it gave me goosebumps when Sinister appeared in that lightning strike. I’d have peed my pants.

Sinister and Beast’s characters’ return to form is so refreshing.

Church fight scene was stellar. Maddie is gorgeous. She did get the better hair. She should have named herself Becky instead.

I LOLed at Bishop’s line calling the demons “punks.” Hahaha, dead.

Then Forge appears! I gasped and then squeeeeed with glee. He’s gorgeous!

I think the only thing that didn’t hit with me was the seeming lack of reaction about the clone reveal. I’d expect pandemonium of people flipping out or at least talking over one another like: “what!? no! This can’t be! Omg!” But no, they just stood there staring. Also the lack of reaction to a newborn being kidnapped. I’d just be incoherently screaming.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    didnt they cast a biracial south american voice actor who speaks portuguese for Sunspot?

someone can correct me if im wrong.
    The actor was born in Brazil. (That's all that we know). So he is Brazilian like Sunspot. Agustini is an Italian surname. The surname Agustini came from the personal name Agostino. This personal name is derived from the Latin word "augustus," which means "favored with good omens."  32,000,000 people (about 15% of the total Brazilian population) have Italian ancestry in Brazil. He doesn't look biracial. I think he is a White brazillian. Btw he is speaking Brazilian Portuguese, a variety of the Portugese language. Brazilian Portuguese differs, particularly in phonology and prosody from the variety in Portugal. The Brazilians love the voice actor so there doesn't seem to be any problem.
    Last edited by Veni; 03-27-2024 at 08:10 AM.

This made me realized that the X-Men films were the first to adapt Jean's origin story. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    We have 12 main characters and only 10 episodes. This episode was fine and definitely shouldn't be 2 or 3 parter.
    So far it is too much Cyke, Jean, Mags and Storm show. I hope the next episodes will sideline them to let Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine to breathe a little. It will stink if Gambit, Rogue and Wolverine will get only time to shine in Nightcrawler episode 5 before the last 3 episodes becomes Cyke and Jean focus drama again.
    Yeah...I'm really hoping the focus of the last 3 episodes is not cyclops and Jean. It will suck if they do that.

That was the weakest episode so far.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

The next episode will give Jubilee some big moments in the spotlight… and will start Storm and Forge’s storyline. Looking forward to both of those

The fact that Maddie's powers are fiery suggests that she really was Phoenix.

Mighty Member

Sigh. Now Wolverine fans are acting hurt because Logan isn’t the center of every storyline and worse, they drag Storm into this too. A character that has been a mockery with no storyline in the movies. If you miss Logan so much pick up one of the ten books about him currently going on or watch 9 movies that have him as a main character.

Let’s us Storm and Cyclops(two extremely neglected characters) fans enjoy the love they’re finally getting without trying to drag fans down because Wolverine isnt the center of attention for once. Storm gets one minute of screen time yet you guys complain because it’s taking away screen time for Logan?
    Last edited by RamaBird; 03-27-2024 at 08:29 AM.