Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    But doesn't HoX/PoX establish the timelines of her previous lives are erased after she dies? We know in her 6th Life that Homo Novissima specifically kept her alive so that the timeline wouldn't be erased before they joined the Dominions in the post-human heaven.
    Yeah that was basically retconned earlier in the run and in Dead X-Men. Rachel calls those timelines "defunct" and she can't quite "see" them but she's been able to send her team to them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Great issue. Glad to see that Gillen gets to tell an actual story here. The rest of the era feels like cleanup work.

Astonishing Member

Controversial opinion: I’d have preferred salvaging Karima from being bodyjacked than walking back Moira’s villainy at this point.

For a genre infamous for the impermanence of death, off page ‘annihilation of consciousness’ sticks surprisingly well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Controversial opinion: I’d have preferred salvaging Karima from being bodyjacked than walking back Moira’s villainy at this point.

For a genre infamous for the impermanence of death, off page ‘annihilation of consciousness’ sticks surprisingly well
    Yeah, two well developed female, human allies have been thrown into the meat grinder to be villains with nary a reaction by the heroes.

Can someone ring up Gail? Because she's an excellent writer, and first coined 'Fridging'. And there is no better example of being shoved in a fridge than Moira and Omega

Astonishing Member

At least Moira has a chance of being rehabilitated one day, if only because synergy will raise her bones in time.

Karima’s body jacking has been referenced only twice, once as a flashback and once as a datasheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    But doesn't HoX/PoX establish the timelines of her previous lives are erased after she dies? We know in her 6th Life that Homo Novissima specifically kept her alive so that the timeline wouldn't be erased before they joined the Dominions in the post-human heaven.
    They exist but they all end at the point where Moira dies. They are using comic book logic of traveling into that timeline before whatever event happens that causes her to die to interact with it.
    Last edited by JamJams; 03-27-2024 at 05:34 PM.

I think the issue is just that when you have two humans-turned-AI women with secret knowledge of the future on the bad guy team, one is inevitably going to steal focus.

Really fun read and I was shocked when Xavier shot Rachel. Gillen is really delivering on his end.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Really fun read and I was shocked when Xavier shot Rachel. Gillen is really delivering on his end.
    If I didn’t know that was Rachel he shot I would have thought it was a guy. I liked the issue but I am just saddened by how far Xavier has fallen since the beginning of the Krakoa arc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    At least Moira has a chance of being rehabilitated one day, if only because synergy will raise her bones in time.

Karima’s body jacking has been referenced only twice, once as a flashback and once as a datasheet.
    Fair enough.

God, unfortunate implications abound in in the X-franchise these days, don't they?

Karima was body jacked for what, exactly? Fan recognition?

book of the week.

Gillen asking the real question: what kinda life it that, a dominion? can dominions smell a flower? laugh at jokes? feel the thrill of being hunted thru a meadow by a bald man with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    If I didn’t know that was Rachel he shot I would have thought it was a guy. I liked the issue but I am just saddened by how far Xavier has fallen since the beginning of the Krakoa arc.
    Yeah the art in that scene for Rachel was a bit off.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Rachel is back in her masc presenting phase, like when she first appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Rachel is back in her masc presenting phase, like when she first appeared.
    You mean when she was a hunter…she had hips back then as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    book of the week.

Gillen asking the real question: what kinda life it that, a dominion? can dominions smell a flower? laugh at jokes? feel the thrill of being hunted thru a meadow by a bald man with a gun?
    Yes, yes, yes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!