Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This stuff is overly complicated for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    If that’s Forge’s neutralizer he’s not killing her. He’s shutting down her X-gene (and connection to Phoenix). Also, Forge’s neutralizer isn’t permanent; Storm got better.

But with Rachel and her chrono powers shut down, what happens to Dead X-Men who she is helping hop around?
    Wait a minute, i thought the neutralizer was with Sabertooth in the latest issue of Wolverine? I mean he looked for it and used it on Logan. And if that is the case, then what is going on here? Forge only made one.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah I'm seeing a Moira redemption more and more likely now.
    Question, does anyone actually want that to happen after all that has been done?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I haven't got the amount of coffee necessary to read this summary and understand what happens in the comic. Too convoluted. Passing.
    But I have to say this:

People who are curating the X-marketing are ridiculous.
    I mean, what's the point in releasing a comic book that ends on such a powerful cliffhanger... if a four days before the release Marvel announced that said character will be in a book? How can I worry about this character's fate if I already know she'll be fine?
    What's the point of a "shocking" cliffhanger if you have already spoiled that there's no death (and, if there's a death, it will be fixed in few weeks) so you removed a chunk of the "shocking" part itself?

To compare, all the people died in Hellfire Gala and Fall of X so far had the time to properly die - and the fan to worry and/or speculate - before their return was spoiled.

(of course, not a drag to Rachel and Rachel's fans here)
    You're giving them too much credit.

Its not that the X-office gave proper grieving time to the Dead X-men - it actually seemed more like a reaction to the backlash against how their deaths was played for laughs in the Hellfire Gala. With how discombobulated the X-office has been, I have huge doubts that Dead X-men was planned all the way back in the Hellfire Gala.

Iceman and Jean 'died' at the gala, and pretty much had announcements that they would both be starring in some post-Gala comics. Kamala was killed in Spider-man, and the marketing team couldn't wait to out her as a mutant with a new series.

So, I think if the marketing team is planning to kill and resurrect a character, they will immediately announce it. If they aren't planning to resurrect a character, they won't announce it (and then if the reception to character's deaths forces them to resurrect characters, then they will announce it).

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    If that’s Forge’s neutralizer he’s not killing her. He’s shutting down her X-gene (and connection to Phoenix). Also, Forge’s neutralizer isn’t permanent; Storm got better.

But with Rachel and her chrono powers shut down, what happens to Dead X-Men who she is helping hop around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Wait a minute, i thought the neutralizer was with Sabertooth in the latest issue of Wolverine? I mean he looked for it and used it on Logan. And if that is the case, then what is going on here? Forge only made one.
    Thats not Forge's neutralizer. The gun looks different and the story made it clear that Xavier's goal was to kill Moira, not depower her.

As far as the Dead X-men, they get stuck wherever they are at. They become collateral damage to Xavier

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not Forge's neutralizer. The gun looks different and the story made it clear that Xavier's goal was to kill Moira, not depower her.

As far as the Dead X-men, they get stuck wherever they are at. They become collateral damage to Xavier
    Except we know that at the very least Jubilee is going to fine as her profile post FOTHOX is going to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Except we know that at the very least Jubilee is going to fine as her profile post FOTHOX is going to be huge.
    Im sure everyone for the most part will be fine. The story arc has been setting up the Phoenix to swoop in and save everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This stuff is overly complicated for no reason
    Agreed. Make it stop already. Series started strong, but now I’m bored AF with it and even the gorgeous R.B. Silva art can’t make me care about it or the lame cast of characters in it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Question, does anyone actually want that to happen after all that has been done?
    It worked for Darth Vader

Mighty Member

Wow, you need a master degree in marvel comics to understand these new issues of x-men. Last issue for me, too convoluted, I will read the resume or the wikipedia entries, after the end of this event. I was a fan of the Krakoa era, but this ending is too complex and drawn-out for his own good.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So the Dead X-Mens whole speech about saving Krakoa is kind of....redundant when we know Krakoa isn't saved anyways right?

They mentioned the dream, does that mean they're going back to the old dream after spending the era saying it was never real and Krakoa was the real plan all along?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It is, the gun absolutely was not meant to depower Moira, it was made to kill her

Extraordinary Member

I basically ignore anything by Percy and Duggan at this point and Moira's arc from Hickman to Gillen works just fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So the Dead X-Mens whole speech about saving Krakoa is kind of....redundant when we know Krakoa isn't saved anyways right?

They mentioned the dream, does that mean they're going back to the old dream after spending the era saying it was never real and Krakoa was the real plan all along?
    The Hickman era only accidentally made the 'dream' a facade because the 616 continuity we knew would have turned out to always be life 11. However, when his story was axed we were stuck with his retcons. I am fine with cleaning them up or ignoring them as needed because they served their purpose. Whether that is the dream or something else entirely being what any given character ends up believing in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Fair enough.

God, unfortunate implications abound in in the X-franchise these days, don't they?

Karima was body jacked for what, exactly? Fan recognition?
    Considering Moira being evil/as evil as she became in Inferno seemingly wasn’t remotely part of the original plan by Hickman, I am assuming that Omega was meant to the the Omnius to Nimrod’s Erasmus (in keeping with this era starting as basically Dune fanfiction) or vice versa and probably take Moira’s role as the utter sellout to the Dominions.

Functionally, I would wager that having a human/machine/sentinel ally of mutants probably put off the writers who can barely stomach human allies as it is

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Things are getting a bit complicated to me. Why is Prof X so easy convinced by Rasputin IV to kill red diamond Cypher and why the heck doe he betray Askani and shoot her in the back?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================