Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Things are getting a bit complicated to me. Why is Prof X so easy convinced by Rasputin IV to kill red diamond Cypher and why the heck doe he betray Askani and shoot her in the back?
    The Sinister-Doug clone would always be a threat to anything that was not for his own selfish motivations and Charles had no reason to ally with him anymore.

Why does Charles shoot Rachel? That is what we find out next issue. It would not be a cliffhanger if we were not supposed to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The Sinister-Doug clone would always be a threat to anything that was not for his own selfish motivations and Charles had no reason to ally with him anymore.

Why does Charles shoot Rachel? That is what we find out next issue. It would not be a cliffhanger if we were not supposed to wonder.
    I'd even say the reason for allowing the kill of Doug-Sinister is an interesting mystery only because he was the one controlling the tendrils and moving NPX to safety. Unless of course Xavier lifted that knowledge and skillset from his mind so he can do it himself.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I feel like Xavier may have been approached by Enigma at some point and cut a deal with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'd even say the reason for allowing the kill of Doug-Sinister is an interesting mystery only because he was the one controlling the tendrils and moving NPX to safety. Unless of course Xavier lifted that knowledge and skillset from his mind so he can do it himself.
    I get the weird feeling Rasputin IV although sincere has inbuilt directives that compel her to do things that benefit Enigma, because she is still a sinister. Remember in an issue I think it was IXM 18 , we learn all the sinisters were compelled to ascend to seek Dominion.In this issue we find Moira is very key to Enigma's plant to free himself to visit other timelines. All of a sudden we have Rasputin iV saving Moira in the past to remain active in the future. Maybe I'm wrong since Doug Sinister wanted to kill Moira, but then again it may have all been a bluff .Enigma may be bested by a choice Moira will have to make ( my guess is instead of rebooting the universe, rebooting the Phoenix coz the entity takes that much energy) and will be rewarded with an 11th life by the Phoenix after erasing Enigma..but saying all that, Rasputin IV seems to be a cloacked Sinister waiting to activate. Unless Gillen puts all his eggs into the heart/club Sinister being the only sinisters around, I don't think he'll erase diamond sinister just yet. The guy's survivability is the stuff of legend..I'm waiting to be proved wrong.
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-28-2024 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not Forge's neutralizer. The gun looks different and the story made it clear that Xavier's goal was to kill Moira, not depower her.
    Looks like the neutralizer to me. And it would effectively kill Moira since it would shut down her power to reincarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Looks like the neutralizer to me. And it would effectively kill Moira since it would shut down her power to reincarnate.
    Forge's netraulizer:

Xavier's gun:

They do not look the same. And no it would not kill her to simply depower her. Remember how Moira died at the end of X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine? She brought herself back as an AI and has been even worse problem since. Killing her now as a child prevents her from even doing that. As someone also mentioning, the effects of Forge's gun arent permanent as Storm eventually got her powers back. Moira has the genetic expertise to figure out how to reverse engineer that in herself. No, Xavier was aiming to kill, not depower
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-28-2024 at 07:22 PM.

Spectacular Member

The issue sold out this week at my shop. Oh crap I've been collecting Rise and just leave Fall for collection TPB. But my goodness Gullen!

EDIT: The clue to the traitor in this issue!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah, I'm ready for this to end already. Stuff happens, but it feels like the story doesn't progress at all.
    You know, I just finished reading this issue and I was trying to find the words to accurately explain how I felt. Your comment is exactly it.

Ultimate Member

Just curious.

I know I likely missed this part somewhere, but why do the X-Men care that much about Dominion anyways? If the thing is already evolved to a higher plane, why does it care about this reality at all?

Xavier doesn't kill in cold blood at least with respect to GilIien Non Sinisterized Xavier POV which was implied in his previous books. Unless this is an OOC and/or bigger twist implying Rachel to be the traitor then Xavier has predictably and sadly become the traitor when was already implied by Gillen, saying that his character is due to go downhill

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just curious.

I know I likely missed this part somewhere, but why do the X-Men care that much about Dominion anyways? If the thing is already evolved to a higher plane, why does it care about this reality at all?
    It has the same personality as Mr Sinister, once it is secure in his existence, it won't settle for letting people be. It's too egotistical not to use it's power to dominate others.

Plus it has the data of four Dominion attempts so it's an extremely powerful Dominion that could wreck havoc within the order of Dominions.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Xavier doesn't kill in cold blood at least with respect to GilIien Non Sinisterized Xavier POV which was implied in his previous books. Unless this is an OOC and/or bigger twist implying Rachel to be the traitor then Xavier has predictably and sadly become the traitor when was already implied by Gillen, saying that his character is due to go downhill
    I have a feeling that he killed her related to the Phoenix. Like in Planet X, Wolverine had to kill Jean to unleash her Phoenix potential. I think killing Rachel will reunite her with the other 2 "dead" Phoenix hosts, Jean and Hope and put her in a position to bring it into the fold. I dont know how, but I think there's a twist there as I dont beleive Xavier just killed Rachel in cold blood without having that as a plan

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    It has the same personality as Mr Sinister, once it is secure in his existence, it won't settle for letting people be. It's too egotistical not to use it's power to dominate others.
    Also, the Ultimates (or were they the Defenders)--Blue Marvel's team--was warned about Enigma by One Above All. It is a threat to Eternity. And the mutants are part of Eternity. So, they care, because that's what immune systems do. And didn't Storm talk to BM about it before going off to rescue Magneto?

I'm curious...just how would Enigma have access to Moira's different timelines since Moira is now an A.I.? As far as I know, she is basically a machine, and therefore has no real mind or memories of her previous lives. A machine only has what it's programmed to have or code.

I guess we would need to know more about Arnab Chakladar's cyborg procedure, huh? The process would have to be like Cerebro...making an exact imprint of the brain, including all memories and synapses.