Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    In the first issue Wolverine saved Beast from this crazed boar and wanted to kill it and felt Beast was soft for feeling otherwise. Here, bad Beast was that crazed boar and Beast once again stopped Wolverine from killing it and let that crazed beast make something more of itself.
    thanks was expecting a bigger focus on that in the issue itself kinda wish it gotta more pages
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Remember when Angel was reset? It might be like that (or did I miss the explanation when he got his full memories back).
    No, you didn't miss it. It just happened off panel without explanation (retconning what a powerful telepath like Rachel claimed, which was, not exact quote, that there was nothing-nonthing-absolute-zero about the old Warren in new!Warren's mind a new person was developing)

And Warren wasn't butchered, but was just given a (wonderfully written) descent into darkness caused by external force brainwashing/hijacking him. So... the reader didn't need a resolution about him (I would've wanted to see how and why he regained his memories and how far they go, and if he remembers everything I wanted to read how he managed to overcome the shock and the horror for what he did).

Beast, as technically was in his sane mind during this run, should've been given either an explanation for his doings (no soul, brainwash, something corrupted, "I'm so tired that mutants get the short stick than I'm willing to sell my soul for Krakoa", else - pick) or made accountable. Hank was entitled to something that would explain or at least start his redemption path.
    A full reset is ludicrous. But, meh, better thank keep having evil!Hank around I guess.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    No, you didn't miss it. It just happened off panel without explanation (retconning what a powerful telepath like Rachel claimed, which was, not exact quote, that there was nothing-nonthing-absolute-zero about the old Warren in new!Warren's mind a new person was developing)

And Warren wasn't butchered, but was just given a (wonderfully written) descent into darkness caused by external force brainwashing/hijacking him. So... the reader didn't need a resolution about him (I would've wanted to see how and why he regained his memories and how far they go, and if he remembers everything I wanted to read how he managed to overcome the shock and the horror for what he did).

A full reset is ludicrous. But, meh, better thank keep having evil!Hank around I guess.
    It wasnt off panel. That was shown in Apocalypse Wars in Bunn's Uncanny X-men run when Warren merged with Archangel

I am just glad it is over and done with, don't know what they do with Hank going forward though after all the damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am just glad it is over and done with, don't know what they do with Hank going forward though after all the damage was done.
    I see them ignoring it. While he was acknowledged as going down a dark path, the consequences of that were largely self contained to the two Percy books. The clone will be on the same team as Quentin and Cyclops in the new era so it'll be interesting if they bring any of that stuff up but I have a feeling it will be downplayed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    People take the piss out of Simon cause he can be holier than thou. But he's genuinely a good guy and pacifist and nobody really HATES simon.

He's like that one Vegan friend you have.
    Honestly, in the old days, it felt like it was pretty much the opposite, where everybody really liked Simon. Simon beat himself up over his sketchy past a lot, but everybody else had a high opinion of him, even when he went nuts.

Remember and Bendis wrote him poorly and I'm surprised they're still going with the pacifist angle from Uncanny Avengers.

I don't even really see Simon as holier-than-thou. He's flipped out and hurt people more than once and carries a lot of shame over it, so his stance seems more about his own self-loathing and guilt. He's like the last guy to see himself as morally superior to anyone. He just doesn't want to hurt anyone again.

That was kind of ass as an ending. It wasn’t even like a proper conclusion as the team have to continue being useless in Sabretooth War still.

Also, they just undid Beast’s history back as far as nearly as long as I’ve been alive.

And thus ends probably the worst X-Force run of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And thus ends probably the worst X-Force run of all time.
    Worse than Mr. Sensitive's run as X-Force leader?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Worse than Mr. Sensitive's run as X-Force leader?
    No chance. God I hated that book. And I’d argue Humphries’ Uncanny X-Force Vol. 2 catastrophe was worse. At least some of Percy’s run was entertaining, even if the bulk of it was crap.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Who's Mr. Sensitive?

I preferred the X-Force volume that preceded Percy over this one

Last edited by Havok83; 03-28-2024 at 09:48 AM.

Honestly, Percy’s been on this book so damn long I cannot even remember what the X-Force volume was that preceded this run. Ha. Can you remind me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Honestly, Percy’s been on this book so damn long I cannot even remember what the X-Force volume was that preceded this run. Ha. Can you remind me?
    You probably forgot it on purpose bc it revolved around Kid Cable....lol. Its when he reunited members of 90s X-Force to help him chase after Stryfe in order to save Rachel who had recently been turned into a Hound in Extermination.

I thought it was fun and felt more like classic X-Force

It also gave us that glorious page
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-28-2024 at 09:58 AM.

Argh!!! I had blocked it from my mind. Dammit. That cover is sweet and does look like classic X-Force… if not for lame-o Diet Cable and the fact that the interior art was terrible. Which is a shame because I liked those costumes and that cast. Again, other than it not being OG Cable running that squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Argh!!! I had blocked it from my mind. Dammit. That cover is sweet and does look like classic X-Force… if not for lame-o Diet Cable and the fact that the interior art was terrible. Which is a shame because I liked those costumes and that cast. Again, other than it not being OG Cable running that squad.
    Yeah I wish the art was better too

Going back to that series, I saw that it used the Legacy numbering and ended with #240. The only good thing about Percy's seris is that it helped fast track us to #300. This final issue should be X-Force #290. The new series that launches out of Fall of the Ashes will be X-Force #1 [291], so #10 should be the 300th issue