Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Maybe evil Beast adds machine parts to his burnt up body. If he is alive.

Some other writer in the future could retcon that the soul of real Beast went into the good clone body Beast.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was HORRIBLE and a very unsatisfactory end to the Beast saga

There was no body bc he was atomized. I dont think that was ambiogus at all as the text said that
    Unless you saw his body disintegrate that doesn’t mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Unless you saw his body disintegrate that doesn’t mean anything.
    Thats you speculating. im going by what the text actually said. Of course someone can come in later and retcon it but thats not the case as of the conclusion of this story..

There was something about how his weapon might have thrown him into another dimension, since that was what he was going to do to the mutants temporarily while he killed the humans.

But also, all those hints Percy dropped early on that this possibly wasn't the real Hank, are forgotten just like that?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I think we have just got to accept that evil Hank was the real Hank that went down a dark path. Were there hints or were us fans just grasping at straws to try to explain things away? For me this trainwreck is finally over and forgotten. I'm just happy that we will get to read about a more heroic Hank in July. I got the outcome I wanted so I'm good.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Gonna keep pretending evil Hank was Dark Beast who somehow replaced Hank in the off panel timeskip between Disassembled and Krakoa. The "preserved severed head of Dark Beast" doesn't exist, I'll ignore that, or one of the two was Dark Beast clone.

(I know that the whole "Dark Beast replace Beast an nobody noticed" had been already used in the 90s, but Dark Beast was there for the pick and perfect for this X-Force run)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed this last story-arc until now... but #50 was just terrible. It really didn't give me the satisfying closure a 50-issue run needed. There was nothing epic really happening, no real pathos to the dialogues - and don't get me started on Percy capturing the Hanks' destinies on a couple of captions at the end. This truly was terribly anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I will say I think it’s only a matter of time before we get the real Beast back. If Bishop can be forgiven after everything with Cable and Hope there’s no reason why Beast can’t. I’m actually surprised Percy gave him a quasi-redemption as it was.
    I think it's notable Beast's death happened off-panel, with no witnesses, while he was wearing experimental Krakoan body armor. I very much suspect that, in time, he'll pop back up again.

As for the issue, it was alright. A very rushed ending, much like the Mikhail plot line. But considering some of the other issues this book has seen, nothing in this one was that bad. I do wonder where Omega Red vanished to between this and Sabretooth War.

It felt like this run was never going to end.

“Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

This felt rushed and it just wasn't good. I'm usually not negative but I felt Beast needed more. It didn't feel earned - he didn't face actual accountability, the explanation of why he does what he does just seems off to me. I hate that they reset Beast to before Morrison, the 90s, X-factor in the 80s... yikes. Just why? I don't buy that those versions were bad or that it "he was always that way" even in those versions.

But at least it is over. Hopefully off panel somewhere/when he gets his full memories kinda like Wanda did when she was backed up from an earlier version. But I expect it will all just be forgotten and we'll move on.

Remember when Angel was reset? It might be like that (or did I miss the explanation when he got his full memories back).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    This felt rushed and it just wasn't good. I'm usually not negative but I felt Beast needed more. It didn't feel earned - he didn't face actual accountability, the explanation of why he does what he does just seems off to me. I hate that they reset Beast to before Morrison, the 90s, X-factor in the 80s... yikes. Just why? I don't buy that those versions were bad or that it "he was always that way" even in those versions.

But at least it is over. Hopefully off panel somewhere/when he gets his full memories kinda like Wanda did when she was backed up from an earlier version. But I expect it will all just be forgotten and we'll move on.

Remember when Angel was reset? It might be like that (or did I miss the explanation when he got his full memories back).
    I agree. It was rushed and unsatisfying, but at least it's over. With MacKay writing him next, under Brevoort as editor, with how such big Beast fans they are, I don't think they'll let this run stand on it's own since it's such a black mark on Hank's history (not to mention the mess it's made of him). I'm almost sure they'll do something to make things better for Hank.

I think with how close it was getting to the cartoon's premiere and the upcoming talk of movies, that Marvel wanted this 'evil Beast' storyline done NOW, so it doesn't conflict with the heroic Hank we see in the cartoon.
    Last edited by Mungho; 03-27-2024 at 04:25 PM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Not a terrible issue by itself but pretty underwhelming with everything that preceded it, just like the Peacock man reveal. This series started with so much potential but kind of flat lined with a few pulses along the way. I like Percy as a writer for the most part but this series really never developed fully imo.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Honestly, Percy did leave one meaningful impression on me. I learned something from his run. From X-Men as a whole, really. I learned that to be loved, is to be changed.

The more popular a character is, the more they get used. But as they get used more and more, they change more and more. While in an ideal world, they could be constantly changing for the better. But we live in a world where those changes mean you risk taking away the things that made them special. They might get a power boost, a part in an event or a bigger profile. But when they lose the fundamentals of what you love about them, is that really your character anymore?

When a character is popular enough, they stop being a character. They become a commodity. They have their status quo frozen in amber. Any progress they make is soon undone. They're at the mercy of a company that might just view them as a mascot to shape and mold as they please. To be watered down and stripped of its original appeal if it means appealing to the masses or drawing in eyes.

It sucks that I might not see Hellion go on adventures, make new friends, cap off his stories and go through even more character development. I won't see him grow, fall, get back up, move on, fall in love, fall out of love, or be the hero he was meant to be. But the way he is now, he's still my Hellion. And I'd rather he exist in my imagination and live in my headcanon, than to see someone else "officially" take away all that is good and give me something unrecognizable. So maybe I don't need further Hellion appearances. Maybe I can be happy with what I have now.
    Last edited by Rift; 03-27-2024 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So in what way did the end of X-Force mirror its beginning, as per Ben Percy? Was it because it ended with Wolverine and Beast? Or because X-Force are still there to fight the good fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    So in what way did the end of X-Force mirror its beginning, as per Ben Percy? Was it because it ended with Wolverine and Beast? Or because X-Force are still there to fight the good fight?
    In the first issue Wolverine saved Beast from this crazed boar and wanted to kill it and felt Beast was soft for feeling otherwise. Here, bad Beast was that crazed boar and Beast once again stopped Wolverine from killing it and let that crazed beast make something more of itself.