Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So sad about what happened to Beast. If it weren't for stupid Professor X he would have just continued playing football and get recruited by a powerhouse college football program. Then he would land in the NFL score a bunch of endorsement deals then play a critical part in is team (Minnesota Vikings) winning multiple Super Bowls. Then he would retire get a super model wife and be a first ballot Hall Of Famer.

But nooooooooo, he wanted to make the world a better place and look what happened as a result
    Hank is no Fran Tarkington
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah I wish the art was better too

Going back to that series, I saw that it used the Legacy numbering and ended with #240. The only good thing about Percy's seris is that it helped fast track us to #300. This final issue should be X-Force #290. The new series that launches out of Fall of the Ashes will be X-Force #1 [291], so #10 should be the 300th issue
    Nice. Can’t wait to find out more about the new era’s X-Force book.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

- 50 issues and they still managed to rush the ending

- Sorry, a nuclear blast is not going take out the current version of Simon Williams

- A kinder, gentler X-Force series led by Hank and Simon, written by Kurt Busiek in the near future?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who's Mr. Sensitive?
    Also known as "the Orphan" and more widely remember for being X-Statix team leader. Guy Smith's team was originally named X-Force though.

Notably... shortest tenure as an X-Force team lead was actually Zeitgeist Which... lasted all of one issue. He was a character who actually survived the entire run, but he had only one issue as X-Force team leader. His later exploits had him lead X-Cellent.

I loved what the Deadpool 2 movie did with Zeitgeist. Perfection IMO. LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    - 50 issues and they still managed to rush the ending

- Sorry, a nuclear blast is not going take out the current version of Simon Williams

- A kinder, gentler X-Force series led by Hank and Simon, written by Kurt Busiek in the near future?
    Nah Hank needs to be far away from ALL things X-Force. This series and that name left a huge stain on his legacy

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also known as "the Orphan" and more widely remember for being X-Statix team leader. Guy Smith's team was originally named X-Force though.

Notably... shortest tenure as an X-Force team lead was actually Zeitgeist Which... lasted all of one issue. He was a character who actually survived the entire run, but he had only one issue as X-Force team leader. His later exploits had him lead X-Cellent.
    Oh X-Statix. I never acknowledge tht as even being X-Force...lol

Worse than Mr. Sensitive's run as X-Force leader?
    I thought X-Statix was a GREAT book! In my mind, all of the dead mutants from that book were resurrected off panel on Krakoa.... I would love to see Tike and Guy and Edie and co. all be able to show up in regular books...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I thought X-Statix was a GREAT book! In my mind, all of the dead mutants from that book were resurrected off panel on Krakoa.... I would love to see Tike and Guy and Edie and co. all be able to show up in regular books...
    Yeah, I found it highly off-putting at first, but... it was a book with real stakes, where you didn't know if the characters actually had plot armor. Also, the lack of over-the-top nonsense stakes meant you didn't have plots where you needed to wonder why the Avengers aren't here already.

It's not universally enjoyable, some of the Mutant powers are ridiculous... even by X-Men standards. Like Dead-Girl.... whose Mutant power is to be a zombie. And Sluk... who has tentacles instead of a mouth... and attacks people with them... but it's never explained how this counts as a super-power though since he's only in one issue before getting killed.

Then there's Beckah Parker, aka Gin Genie.... the downside of her powers? They don't work if she's sober. She has to have alcohol in her blood to use her powers... and if she gets too drunk... she loses the ability to focus properly. she also died in the first issue.

Outside of Doop, have any of the X-Statix been used in any X-men material?

I think Mister Sensitive made a cameo on Krakoa. Also... Smoke got killed by Wolverine. Well.. he wasn't the only one IIRC.

Yeah, Xavier's involvement with X-Statix was... pretty intense honestly. He did the super-suits worn by both Sensitive and Venus de Milo. but that was in the X-Statix book, IIRC. Not the X-Men book.

I think Mister Sensitive made a cameo on Krakoa. Also... Smoke got killed by Wolverine. Well.. he wasn't the only one IIRC.

Yeah, Xavier's involvement with X-Statix was... pretty intense honestly. He did the super-suits worn by both Sensitive and Venus de Milo. but that was in the X-Statix book, IIRC. Not the X-Men book.
    Oh thanks. This thread has gotten down a rabbit hole of wanting to di more into the team. I actually thin they would make for a great premise for a tv show. Like if they did a live version, it could be Marvel's version of The Boys or Invincible if they went animated

Or an M-rated PC game where you have branching stories where the various characters in your team can die...

Maybe side quests to recruit former enemies? like... Ocean.

Whooo... is presumably still around somewhere. she didn't get killed, sooo presumably she's somewhere.