Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Op was probably joking, but Sage didn’t say anything about being the best version of x-force. She just said you don’t root for them but they get the job done.
    Let's be honest, that part was also laughable. This incarnation of X-force has been the most useless of all the time, even the one that later changed it's name to X-Statix (for legal rights in universe) would have been much more competent.

So sad about what happened to Beast. If it weren't for stupid Professor X he would have just continued playing football and get recruited by a powerhouse college football program. Then he would land in the NFL score a bunch of endorsement deals then play a critical part in is team (Minnesota Vikings) winning multiple Super Bowls. Then he would retire get a super model wife and be a first ballot Hall Of Famer.

But nooooooooo, he wanted to make the world a better place and look what happened as a result
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-27-2024 at 09:11 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Uhhhhh, BLEH!
    My flag is bacon.

Haven't seen anywhere in this issue about Sage mentioning "best X-Force" ever book but whatever makes this small community running i guess

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm worried he'll be the new Hank Pym. That character was "rehabbed" in story back in the 80's. Heck he even reconciled with Jan in the early 2000's Avengers run. But it seems anytime a writer that hates him gets to write him they act like none of that happened. Only the slap and nervous breakdowns. Hopefully Beast won't have that happen but it definitely has me worried.
    Like I said above, it’ll probably be more like Bishop.

Or Emma after IVX where she was a villain for a little bit before they forgot about it.

Or Forge after he went crazy in the Ghost Box storyline.

Or how Tony Stark became the Manchurian Candidate, was killed off and replaced with his younger self, only to be brought back to normal when Franklin resurrected everyone.

Or in DC Comics when they made Cassandra Cain evil before saying Deathstroke brainwashed her.

Astonishing Member

They had to retcon parts out for Tony Stark later.

Marvel loves it's heel turns and back to face turns. Maybe they should start up a wrestling company?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Part of Ben Percy's final note to the audience.

Thank you, Percy. You really killed it. You killed a lot of things.
    Great, something else to blame on David Gordon Green This issue has "wrap it the hell up" written all over it. Percy did kill it though. Killed the established characterization, killed years of storytelling, and killed my interest. There is a lot to nitpick in this issue. But for brevity's sake, my thoughts going into this was that the reason this book was not double sized was because Breevort did not have faith in Percy to stick the landing and might have been afraid to give him more pages. Reading this, I can see that was a good instinct. In the lead-up to From The Ashes, I have been reading the classic Fabian Nicieza/Jeph Loeb runs on the book. It has been an enjoyable experience as these books have held up very well IMHO. Remarkable how this book sucks so hard and drops the ball in every way.

Astonishing Member

Came back because I heard it was over. Glad to see it is. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So sad about what happened to Beast. If it weren't for stupid Professor X he would have just continued playing football and get recruited by a powerhouse college football program. Then he would land in the NFL score a bunch of endorsement deals then play a critical part in is team (Minnesota Vikings) winning multiple Super Bowls. Then he would retire get a super model wife and be a first ballot Hall Of Famer.

But nooooooooo, he wanted to make the world a better place and look what happened as a result
    To be fair, Hank had been kidnapped by the Conquistador. If Xavier hadn't intervened, he would have stayed his plaything.

I don't blame Xavier for what's happened to Beast. I blame these uninspired writers! At least Percy is done tormenting Hank for now. The healing can begin.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Let's be honest, that part was also laughable. This incarnation of X-force has been the most useless of all the time, even the one that later changed it's name to X-Statix (for legal rights in universe) would have been much more competent.
    Yeah, I mean technically Simon and Evil Beast got the job done at the end. X-Force did what they have done for the last 4+ years, look around and be incompetent.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So this is the end of the current volume?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Well… so… I don’t like that it was left ambiguous that Evil Beast died… there was no body, so it’s never over…

It was rushed, but… whatever. Beast moved in with Simon? That was weird. I hope they use that with the relaunch. Also… would a nuke really kill Simon? Isn’t he pretty much invulnerable at this point?

Well at least now this trainwreck is over, and hopefully this version of X-Force will quickly forgotten.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

That was HORRIBLE and a very unsatisfactory end to the Beast saga

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Well… so… I don’t like that it was left ambiguous that Evil Beast died… there was no body, so it’s never over…

It was rushed, but… whatever. Beast moved in with Simon? That was weird. I hope they use that with the relaunch. Also… would a nuke really kill Simon? Isn’t he pretty much invulnerable at this point?
    There was no body bc he was atomized. I dont think that was ambiogus at all as the text said that

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    X force attacks good hank and wonder man.
    They escape but evil Hank sends wonderman back.

With xforce
    Wonderman: this was a good hank
    Logan: all hanks must die

The orcrist lady that was mindcontrold in the Russian plot attacks.

Logan goes for hank. Laura takes charge of xforce(she's doing somting) and is sadly the most competent leader the team had....

Hank with hank
    Evil hank: were not so different you and I. Now help me nuke Mars with a black hole gun
    Good: hank your acting like magneto
    Evil: hank he was right.
    Logan bust through the walls: all hanks must die
    They fight but Evil hank activate the weapon and escape.
    But have no fear wonderman is here to sacrifice himself to save the day.... except Evil hank dies saving wonderman becaue Simon's the only persion Hank cares about.

That's it good beast is alive and living with Simon bad beast is dead (for now maybe back as new dark beast)

The book ends with a shot of xforce
    Sage: we were the best version of xforce ever....

Cable and all former xforce members are off screen laughing at that statement
    Heh, Was Corben a better "bad guy"?