Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I loved that ending, "Wanna get a drink?"

Just perfect.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I thought it was a good story but when I went to pick up my comics there was a huge unsold pile of them. I don’t like that. Hope it’s not an omen.

Astonishing Member

The series is selling out good anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    It's only really a problem for me if it looks like the helper could have won the fight without Peter, which this didn't.

I was not expecting the ending to work out the way that it did, and even if it's going to a Peter / Harry fight, it doesn't look like it's going there by the most obvious route.
    Is it just so hard for Peter to get a solo win?

It feels like they're setting up a doomed/complicated partnership like Peter and Harry's relationship goes almost every time.

boy-failure Peter Parker, my beloved.

Banger. More please

I enjoyed this issue for the action that I got. Nice to see a finish where the bad guy was handled. I am really surprised at how well Peter did even though he hasn’t been doing it for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it just so hard for Peter to get a solo win?

It feels like they're setting up a doomed/complicated partnership like Peter and Harry's relationship goes almost every time.
    Peter is just starting…let the guy learn and grow.

Peter is an absolute amateur and it works so freaking well. Probably because he's not acting like a loser who should have way more sense like his 616 counterpart. Instead he's realistically acting like someone who's only been doing this for three months should act. And still manages to feel more like Spider-Man than ASM.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Peter is an absolute amateur and it works so freaking well. Probably because he's not acting like a loser who should have way more sense like his 616 counterpart. Instead he's realistically acting like someone who's only been doing this for three months should act. And still manages to feel more like Spider-Man than ASM.
    Nailed it. Hickman's got the character writing down pat for Peter at this point, as well as the other supporting cast so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh Peter, are you even trying to keep your identity a secret?

spoilers:
    First he all but tells Ben and Jonah that he’s the guy in black the Bugle is focusing on, then he gets outed by Harry because Harry controls his suit’s tech in the wake of taking over Stark’s Company. Hmmm kinda feel like that’s setting up Peter to ditch the picotech and go with a homemade/cloth suit. I’m dying to see how the Parker/Osborn double date goes now that Peter and Harry know each other’s secret identity.
    end of spoilers

Loved the scene with Peter and May swinging through the city, that’s muh Spider-Man.
    Well, 1610 Peter also had that issue so...

This book is really good. I think sometimes writers lean in too heavily on Peter screwing up, but this feels earned since Peter is still new at it and is also older than when other Peters typically gets their powers. He's got a whole different perspective on life.

I'm still utterly fascinated by this book.

I felt that this continues to be consistent in the level of quality i miss in the main book.

I loved the part where Peter and his daughter make the suit and he takes her web swinging like he use to do with MJ in 616.

The fight itself was good IMO but i feel it also confirms he doesn't have Spider-sense.

Harry clearly knows something about Fisk but not about the Maker's council unless he learned something is wrong when he took over the company.

I do hope Peter and Harry don't end up as enemies.

Finally, i really like the cover with MJ sitting on the couch with her family around her. That is what we need back in 616!

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

That ending was perfect so excited for this series as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This book is really good. I think sometimes writers lean in too heavily on Peter screwing up, but this feels earned since Peter is still new at it and is also older than when other Peters typically gets their powers.
    There's an issue of Hickman's Avengers where Steve Rogers pulls the I wasn't aiming at you trick on Kang and Immortus.
    Well, if Kang and Immortus can fall for that when it's Steve Rogers, I don't think we can really call it screwing up.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    There's an issue of Hickman's Avengers where Steve Rogers pulls the I wasn't aiming at you trick on Kang and Immortus.
    Well, if Kang and Immortus can fall for that when it's Steve Rogers, I don't think we can really call it screwing up.
    Arrogant characters usually fall for that, those two definitely fall under that category and with the way Bullseye acts here i can see why he fell for that too given that up until that point he never faced anyone that gave him trouble it seems.