Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    No one looked worse than Marvel itself. They seriously thought that destroying a minority-killing toxic gas cloud made someone Hitler? Or that the public would buy into that narrative? I still have trouble believing something that stupid could have happened, and that multiple people signed off on something that stupid to this day. Because that is "forgot how to breathe" levels of stupid.
    That actually got used though.... One plot had the bad guys use a virus to overload mutant powers, which sometimes caused them to behave in... strange ways. Fever Pitch exploded in a giant fireball, and some other mutant... actually caused everyone nearby to forget how to breathe and thus die.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I still don't understand how we got Percy's Beast or who approved him? There's absolutely a story in Hank falling from the angels and becoming more and more unscrupulous until the big reveal. But this didn't feel like that, this felt messy, nonsensical, and incomplete the sheer amount of suspension of disbelief to reconcile how no one shut this down faster is why I tuned out.

Feels like a fever dream when X-force was the best Krakoan Era book for a couple months!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I still don't understand how we got Percy's Beast or who approved him? There's absolutely a story in Hank falling from the angels and becoming more and more unscrupulous until the big reveal. But this didn't feel like that, this felt messy, nonsensical, and incomplete the sheer amount of suspension of disbelief to reconcile how no one shut this down faster is why I tuned out.

Feels like a fever dream when X-force was the best Krakoan Era book for a couple months!
    I'm personally of the view the station of being head or brains of mutant CIA is what got to Beast in the end.All that reach and power while justifying his cold calculating ,utilitarian rationale just got to his head. It is not something unique to Beast. Amanda Waller is in the same boat over at DC I guess.